Society/Culture The Manosphere - Andrew Tate, the PUA grift, and other such nasties.

Remove this Banner Ad

Posting about the Oasis reunion like a Boomer born in the 50s posts about the Blitz wasn't on my bingo card.

Oasis songs being all about how rosy things were in the north of England, all the time for everyone.

Posting about the Oasis reunion like a Boomer born in the 50s posts about the Blitz wasn't on my bingo card.

Has isolationist tones about it, there seems to be a sentiment here too about that. Certainly the orange buffoon has made clear his isolationist intentions.

In saying that, I can understand the, to paraphrase, 'not united anymore'. There's certainly an impression that the UK is not united, certainly the US IS divided.

Here in Australia, we've shown that multiculturalism can live in harmony, even thrive. Regardless of how disjointed it may seem, I'd argue msm and social media paint a different picture to what actually is, possibly in the UK and the US as well. Maybe it's not the majority at odds with each other.

If I am wrong, then why is it that people cannot accept multiculturalism and by extension globalism?

Has isolationist tones about it, there seems to be a sentiment here too about that. Certainly the orange buffoon has made clear his isolationist intentions.

In saying that, I can understand the, to paraphrase, 'not united anymore'. There's certainly an impression that the UK is not united, certainly the US IS divided.

Here in Australia, we've shown that multiculturalism can live in harmony, even thrive. Regardless of how disjointed it may seem, I'd argue msm and social media paint a different picture to what actually is, possibly in the UK and the US as well. Maybe it's not the majority at odds with each other.

If I am wrong, then why is it that people cannot accept multiculturalism and by extension globalism?
I think it’s as simple as bias in favour of your own group. And this extends to art, science, athletics, you name it. We need to learn more respect for the strengths of people different from our own. Couldn’t have a functional system without different hands on deck, otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s very similar to junket journalism. Would you say the same thing if it was AIPAC funding them?
Oh dear, GP. How many indictments are there against media companies or their journalists attending junkets are there? You think the problem here is related to junkets? :embarrassedv1:

Oh dear, GP. How many indictments are there against media companies or their journalists attending junkets are there? You think the problem here is related to junkets? :embarrassedv1:

I said it was similar to junkets - money, gifts and/or holidays in return for biased reporting.

Same thing innit?

Can you explain the difference?
Do you think that the junkets you know nothing about involve covertly paying sums of cash to journalists in exchange for favourable content promoting disinformation on behalf of a state government?

You realize that an advocacy group paying, or partially paying, for travel expenses (which many different organizations do) is nothing like what is being alleged here, right?

Do you think that the junkets you know nothing about involve covertly paying sums of cash to journalists in exchange for favourable content promoting disinformation on behalf of a state government?

You realize that an advocacy group paying, or partially paying, for travel expenses (which many different organizations do) is nothing like what is being alleged here, right?

They do seem very similar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Society/Culture The Manosphere - Andrew Tate, the PUA grift, and other such nasties.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back