Competition The McInnes Prize For Season 37 - Better Late Than Never

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 2003741

Good morning art lovers,

As you would no doubt be aware, the home and away season for season 37 has reached a conclusion. And with that, the McInnes Prize entry window is now closed. Many thanks to the twelve people that submitted entries - big_icky DemurePrincess DenieD Dinsdale Falconista Gralin Grav Mobbs Pamcake1 serial_thrilla spudmaster and Tigerturbulance.

JoshWoodenSpoon has spent the past 24 hours in a cave examining each of the entries intimately and has made his adjudications. The good people at Ermagerd Security have since taken possession of JWS' findings and are storing them in a secure location until the Grand Announcement Ceremony which will take place this Friday 1 evening (the 31st of May for those that like dates). We shall send Autumn off with a Shoopstravazanza!

In the meantime, the entries are being exhibited at the Sweet Art Gallery, conveniently located wherever Mobbs cares to build it. Please enjoy.

View attachment 2003803
Nice Hang there Tonga Bob. Looking forward to the Champers and canapes.

Nice Hang there Tonga Bob. Looking forward to the Champers and canapes.
Oh! Didn’t realise that people were all going upper class, I’ve just got myself a plate of snacks & a cup of port.
Kind of exciting isn’t it? 🥴

phonto.jpeg

Season 37 Presentation Night
mcinnes header.JPG

It's the Night of Nights for the art lovers of Sweet, where we announce the winner of the McInnes Prize for season 37! Welcome everyone, I'm minor internet personality Tonga Bob.

bob tux.png

The Ermagerd Security guard has arrived with the votes.

1717146617995.png

And this season's judge JoshWoodenSpoon has arrived resplendent in his best overalls which are just back from the tailor.

1717146736334.png

So go and grab an aperitif and some finger food, because sometime tonight (Pantene Rules apply) the winner will be announced.

Ping Tigerturbulance Dinsdale spudmaster Falconista DenieD big_icky Mobbs serial_thrilla Gralin Grav DemurePrincess Pamcake1

I've eaten dinner, I've poured a drink.

Dellemc Im Ready GIF by Dell Technologies

Welcome everyone, I'm minor internet personality Tonga Bob.
au contraire mon frere you're a major sensation.

Which means ...

Bullshit mate your a ****ing gun.

I've eaten dinner, I've poured a drink.

Dellemc Im Ready GIF by Dell Technologies
The only thing you could possibly do better would be to sign with the Warriors

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oooo it's so nice to see everyone, out dressed up, except that Grav bloke.
His avatar is false advertising isn't it, so smooth in the photo but on zoom darlings looks like ....well let's just say the cat did better last week throwing up the rat they caught....speaking of which....back in a sec....

Outside the Top Ten
1717149654381.png

So we come to the positional announcements. As is custom, the judge has ranked the entries from lowest position to highest whilst providing their rationale for each entry. And as we have twelve entries this season, the first announcement will cover the positions outside of the top ten.

In twelfth position is 'The Creation Of The BYE' by Tigerturbulance

mobbs created man.jpg

From judge JoshWoodenSpoon - "The faces are stunning but the background is a hack job. Thematic link is tenuous at best, and I'm not sure Turbo can reach his toes let alone the ceiling. Does make me re-think the thread title, so there's that."

In eleventh position is 'Dreamland' by Dinsdale

Dinsdale school.png

From JoshWoodenSpoon - "Now there is a certain boomer charm to this that I find endearing. Sadly part of my brief in this role is to 'promote the merits of art to the youths', and thus I have to give it a savage ranking. Great cubist tendencies though."​

Is DemurePrincess here yet?
No oh ok...probably stuck in the hot tub with her team mates...they do like to bathe together so unhygenic especially at the cocktail hour. Oh isn't the hang marvelous. TB did such a brilliant job amazing actually considering the budget. Oh shhh they're starting the speaches....

IView attachment 2006467

So we come to the positional announcements. As is custom, the judge has ranked the entries from lowest position to highest whilst providing their rationale for each entry. And as we have twelve entries this season, the first announcement will cover the positions outside of the top ten.

In twelfth position is 'The Creation Of The BYE' by Tigerturbulance

View attachment 2006478

From judge JoshWoodenSpoon - "The faces are stunning but the background is a hack job. Thematic link is tenuous at best, and I'm not sure Turbo can reach his toes let alone the ceiling. Does make me re-think the thread title, so there's that."

In eleventh position is 'Dreamland' by Dinsdale

View attachment 2006480

From JoshWoodenSpoon - "Now there is a certain boomer charm to this that I find endearing. Sadly part of my brief in this role is to 'promote the merits of art to the youths', and thus I have to give it a savage ranking. Great cubist tendencies though."​
Maybe I'll spend more than 2 minutes on it next time.

3 minutes is more worthy.

Is DemurePrincess here yet?
No oh ok...probably stuck in the hot tub with her team mates...they do like to bathe together so unhygenic especially at the cocktail hour. Oh isn't the hang marvelous. TB did such a brilliant job amazing actually considering the budget. Oh shhh they're starting the speaches....
Apologies! I was at the bar 😂

Oh it's portraiture...such a relief I'm so over those endless oval landscapes that everyone was doing last year...I'mean you can't hang them....where do you hang them without having to change the whole lot.....ooo ta yes please...so what was I saying....

Last edited:
Oooo it's so nice to see everyone, out dressed up, except that Grav bloke.
His avatar is false advertising isn't it, so smooth in the photo but on zoom darlings looks like ....well let's just say the cat did better last week throwing up the rat they caught....speaking of which....back in a sec....
Sorry didn’t realise the who’s who of the SFA was attending, but I made it.

phonto.jpeg

Ooo love the....nail polish Princesss....what a beautiful colour....isn't this exciting...what's that....oooo yes....
Did you want a drink? Crap!

my strange addiction tlc GIF by absurdnoise

Remove this Banner Ad

Competition The McInnes Prize For Season 37 - Better Late Than Never

Remove this Banner Ad

Back