Competition The McInnes Prize For Season 37 - Better Late Than Never

Remove this Banner Ad

Celebrate New Year GIF by CHANDON CALIFORNIA

Second Place in the S37 McInnes Prize
1717153310676.png

...and then there were two - the Chud and the Spud. Who's gonna fall at the final hurdle and who's gonna go into Sweet history? Well imma tell you... right now.

In second position in the McInnes Prize for season 37 is 'Submission' by spudmaster

spud McInnesS37.png

JoshWoodenSpoon explains this decision thusly - "Some lovely intricate touches set this entrant apart from others, making for an immersive reading - which is fortunate cos I can't remember the event in question whatsoever. History of course is postscribed by the victors. Haven't worked out if that's this yet but you're seeing the rankings so would be better placed to make some kind of waggish commentary here."

So that means...​

The Winner Of The McInnes Prize For Season 37
1717153707793.png

...the third place getter in the inaugural McInnes Prize has only gone and taken home the chocolates! A testament to those of you who enter many times, one day you could win the whole thing!

So without any further ado, the winner of the McInnes Prize for season 37 is...

1717154134011.png

'Sunday Too Far Away (for Qooty)' by Mobbs!!!

SundayTooFarAwayForQooty.jpg

In his final act as McInnes judge, JoshWoodenSpoon said the following about the winning entry - "Hehe - that's funny! Leveraging an (all too) popular topic, but with a themetic and intertextual guile that really is good or whatever. 12 votes!"

Mazel tov Great Man, and thank you for building a new art gallery to show not only your winning entry but all McInnes Entries over the seven or eight editions I can't remember how many but it's been plenty.

mobbs award s37.png

Oooo on close inspection of that entrant the Artist does seem very obsessed with that Clark persons dishcipline/disshciple complexsh. I mean just look at the placement of that clock there on the right....just wonderful!
I'm enjoying this bit

Oooo my feet are killing me
View attachment 2006557

...the third place getter in the inaugural McInnes Prize has only gone and taken home the chocolates! A testament to those of you who enter many times, one day you could win the whole thing!

View attachment 2006574

View attachment 2006571

In his final act as McInnes judge, JoshWoodenSpoon said the following about the winning entry - "Hehe - that's funny! Leveraging an (all too) popular topic, but with a themetic and intertextual guile that really is good or whatever. 12 votes!"

Mazel tov Great Man, and thank you for building a new art gallery to show not only your winning entry but all McInnes Entries over the seven or eight editions I can't remember how many but it's been plenty.

View attachment 2006582
People Applause GIF by MOODMAN
Clapping Applause GIF
Great Job Reaction GIF

View attachment 2006557

View attachment 2006574

View attachment 2006571

View attachment 2006582
Thanks for real, though the image you used to show me accepting the prize actually smashes mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Splendid artistic skills on display, good Mobbs.
Cleaning up in the awards department tonight!

Appreciate your adjudication skills JoshWoodenSpoon and thanks muchly for hosting this entertaining event each season Tonga Bob 🍾

Fin
1717154473038.png

So there you have it arts lovers - the season 37 McInnes Prize has been added to the list of accolades won by the one and only Mobbs!

Many thanks to the twelve entrants this season - big_icky DemurePrincess DenieD Dinsdale Falconista Gralin Grav Mobbs Pamcake1 serial_thrilla spudmaster & Tigerturbulance. You have all given great effort, and I encourage all of you to submit another entry next season. I also encourage you to take advantage of Shoop School, which is not just a one off event but a perpetual resource for people to experiment, create and collaborate in the Visual Arts.

Many thanks also to JoshWoodenSpoon for fulfilling your duties as judge this season, a role which Mobbs will hold next season. Josh your willingness to participate and your prompt adjudication return allowed tonight to happen, and for that I sincerely thank you! You're not a dual beez winner for nothing!

Thanks also in advance to Wosh for bestowing the McInnes Prize badge upon Mobbs (that was a pretty smooth request aye!!!).

And finally thank you to everyone that has contributed or even viewed the McInnes Prize thread this season. If there was no interest in it then honestly there would be no McInnes Prize. Give yourselves a pat on the back.

Seeya next season!​

2 made up awards in one night in a fake "randomised" footy league for one person?

Thank the gods none of this is real.

#WarriorsWaterParkRequired

Remove this Banner Ad

Competition The McInnes Prize For Season 37 - Better Late Than Never

Remove this Banner Ad

Back