Competition The McInnes Prize For Season 37 - Better Late Than Never

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry didn’t realise the who’s who of the SFA was attending, but I made it.

View attachment 2006495
So bold so fashion forward, is that a silk shantung....enhmm.. don't know about the brown shoes though...so who was that pretending to be you on zoom? Ohhh doesn't matter so what are you doing with yourself Grav now you've lost that radio. station job? Looking for something else or just ....OOOOOO watchout Princess is spilling drinks again....Look love you're not in the hot tub now....steady on.

So bold so fashion forward, is that a silk shantung....enhmm.. don't know about the brown shoes though...so who was that pretending to be you on zoom? Ohhh doesn't matter so what are you doing with yourself Grav now you've lost that radio. station job? Looking for something else or just ....OOOOOO watchout Princess is spilling drinks again....Look love you're not in the hot tub now....steady on.
Season may have finished for us, but Pugsley & myself are back into full training.

phonto.jpeg

Positions Eight To Ten
1717151494804.png

And just like that we're in the Top Ten for Season 37!

In tenth position is 'Ken Bullied At School' by DenieD

kengettingbullied.jpeg

The rationale from JoshWoodenSpoon - "An emotional piece that explores the susceptibility of our inner selves. Deducted significant points for being derivative and riding on the coat-tails of a former winner."

In ninth position is 'The Curse Of Fatima' by DemurePrincess

demure s37.png

From JWS - "Disqualified for use of AI."

And in eighth position is 'New Sweet School Principal' by serial_thrilla

thrilla s37.png

JWS gave the following rationale - " "Environmental causes" almost saves this, but I'm afraid the artist is victim to being the 1 billionth patron to frequent the ClarkeM One-Stop-'Shop, so it can't go any higher than whatever this ranking is."​

The rationale from @JoshWoodenSpoon - "An emotional piece that explores the susceptibility of our inner selves. Deducted significant points for being derivative and riding on the coat-tails of a former winner."
WOW. I do a very personal self portrait of Ken's time at high school and you call it derivative.
Ryan Gosling Whatever GIF by Regal

....oh she's so messy with those fancy manicures and her cartilage issues.......Ooohh HHHIIIGGHHH Princess.....what do you think is taking them so long....what happened backstage before...what did you see do tell....

Really he said that.....well you know these Arts Patrons they're so, so so....

Ooo did they really have to expose Ken that way.....
Ohh Princess, I lso llloooove your abstract expression.....
That last one, didn't I see that on telle two weeks ago on the late night shopping channel that Mrs Turbo loves....
Oh yes pleasesh I'd love another.rr..ta...

Positions Six & Seven
1717152086784.png

Well we're pretty much half way, so let's keep crack-a-lacking.

In seventh position is 'No Way, Not The Karaoke!' by Falconista

Falconista s37 mcinnes.png

As JoshWoodenSpoon describes this with his usual flair for words - "Uh huh."

In sixth position for the McInnes Prize for season 37 is 'School Of Delons' by Gralin

School of Delons.png

From JWS - "Considerable merit afforded for editing work. A little blur and colour manipulation goes a long way - Gralin on keyboards indeed! Flimsy, underexplored concept prevents this one from going the distance."​

WOW. I do a very personal self portrait of Ken's time at high school and you call it derivative.
FFS! Barbie grow some b….. oh, it’s you Ken, hehe sorry as you were. Very poor description by the judge, yeah!

Excuse me? You’re not even real! At least Fatima is and the big bitch gets disqualified! Pretty sure I didn’t know how to do AI then but whateves! 😉🤷🏼‍♀️

Is your whole life a plastic derivative though Ken. Darlink don't be upset thatssh just the juuudges they Judghhe....oh ta thanksh...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

....oh she's so messy with those fancy manicures and her cartilage issues.......Ooohh HHHIIIGGHHH Princess.....what do you think is taking them so long....what happened backstage before...what did you see do tell....

Really he said that.....well you know these Arts Patrons they're so, so so....

Ooo did they really have to expose Ken that way.....
Ohh Princess, I lso llloooove your abstract expression.....
That last one, didn't I see that on telle two weeks ago on the late night shopping channel that Mrs Turbo loves....
Oh yes pleasesh I'd love another.rr..ta...
Pamcake1 I’ve had far to much wine to even try and comprehend what you just said so I’ll just adjust my pretty dress, cover my minging toe nails and smile sweetly while I pour myself another wine!

And congrats! Have we got a winner yet?

Shit! ****! I’m paying attention! Legit!

But all I can think about is when the food comes will I get the chicken or the ****ing beef bc I could eat the arse out of a low flying duck 🤦‍♀️😂

The Moral Podium & The Immoral Podium
1717152514210.png

Top five baby! We're left with big_icky Grav Mobbs Pamcake1 spudmaster. Plenty still to play for, and I mean PLENTY! Let's take a look now at the moral and immoral podium positions, which is fourth and fifth to the uninitiated.

In fifth position is 'Captains And/Or Associates' by Grav

grav s37.jpeg

This is what Judge Judy And Executioner judge JoshWoodenSpoon thought - "Yeah pretty good. Simple and fun. Inconsistency in typography a sticking point, but glimpses a poignant narrative."

And in fourth position is 'Old School Charm' by big_icky

big icky old school.png

From JWS - "Is that the real Hawks' logo in there?? Kinda fun, good work somebody. Charming use of textural layers. Disqualified for use of proprietary imagery."​

View attachment 2006521

Well we're pretty much half way, so let's keep crack-a-lacking.

In seventh position is 'No Way, Not The Karaoke!' by Falconista

View attachment 2006524

As JoshWoodenSpoon describes this with his usual flair for words - "Uh huh."

In sixth position for the McInnes Prize for season 37 is 'School Of Delons' by Gralin

View attachment 2006525

From JWS - "Considerable merit afforded for editing work. A little blur and colour manipulation goes a long way - Gralin on keyboards indeed! Flimsy, underexplored concept prevents this one from going the distance."​
I really liked this one. Edit: The Gralin one, I mean.

View attachment 2006527

Top five baby! We're left with big_icky Grav Mobbs Pamcake1 spudmaster. Plenty still to play for, and I mean PLENTY! Let's take a look now at the moral and immoral podium positions, which is fourth and fifth to the uninitiated.

View attachment 2006531

This is what Judge Judy And Executioner judge JoshWoodenSpoon thought - "Yeah pretty good. Simple and fun. Inconsistency in typography a sticking point, but glimpses a poignant narrative."

View attachment 2006534

From JWS - "Is that the real Hawks' logo in there?? Kinda fun, good work somebody. Charming use of textural layers. Disqualified for use of proprietary imagery."​
Come on Pamcake1! Bring it home baby!! 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

Third Place in the S37 McInnes Prize
1717153078185.png

Hoboy art lovers, we're now on the actual podium! Let's get to it...

In third position is 'Qooty Qapers' by Pamcake1

pamcake s37.jpeg

This is what JoshWoodenSpoon had to say - "Nostalgic and tender, casting ones memory across the dew-laced landscape of youth. Laissez-faire yet decided strokes show a trust of intuition and a greeting of the daily sublime, the artist's knowing sensibilities help tease out the bittersweet mood that so matches the reconstituted scene. Disqualified under stipulation of Rules 5 and 7."​

View attachment 2006538

Hoboy art lovers, we're now on the actual podium! Let's get to it...

In third position is 'Qooty Qapers' by Pamcake1

View attachment 2006541

This is what JoshWoodenSpoon had to say - "Nostalgic and tender, casting ones memory across the dew-laced landscape of youth. Laissez-faire yet decided strokes show a trust of intuition and a greeting of the daily sublime, the artist's knowing sensibilities help tease out the bittersweet mood that so matches the reconstituted scene. Disqualified under stipulation of Rules 5 and 7."​
#Queen

View attachment 2006527

View attachment 2006531

View attachment 2006534

Proud of our boy Grav

Quality all the way.

IMG_3178.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Competition The McInnes Prize For Season 37 - Better Late Than Never

Remove this Banner Ad

Back