Competition The McInnes Prize For Season 38 - The Horrie Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

The McInnes Prize For Season 38 Is Open For Business New
mcinnes header.JPG

Greeting all you patrons of the Arts. And the rest of you, why not? It is I, Curator Bob here to kick off the seventh edition of the McInnes Prize!

Of all of the awards that can be bestowed upon a person of Sweet, the McInnes Prize sits somewhere between the beez trophy and the Golden Shittruck. It is awarded to the person who submits an original picture which is adjudged by the reigning McInnes Prize winner as the best Photoshopped image (or shoop) of the season. It is named after sports journalist Shane McInnes, who was famously described by TheInjuryFactory lookalike Ross Lyon as being "quite brilliant", with previous winners including such maestros of the visual arts as TheInjuryFactory Hate manangatang Elton Johns Wig Kennedy Parker CursingFijian Falconista JoshWoodenSpoon and the reigning McInnes holder, the one and only Mobbs.

Here's what the McInnes Prize has delivered in seasons past...

mcinnes entries.png
mcinnes winners.png
s32 winner.png
s33 winner.png
s34 finalists.JPG
s35 entries.png
s36 entrants.png
s37 entries.png

Like everything in Sweet, the McInnes Prize has rules. Plenty of rules. Here they are:

• The competition will be open to receive entries as of now (the Riviat rule) until the conclusion of the Sweet FA home and away season for season 38 (i.e.: after round 18 games finish);
  • Entries are to be sent via DM to myself;
  • The judge for the competition is the reigning McInnes Prize winner, which in this case is Mobbs and the adjudication period will run from the conclusion of the Sweet FA home and away season for season 38 (i.e.: after round 18 games finish) until the conclusion of the third round of finals for season 38 (i.e.: after the preliminary finals finish);
  • Results will be announced at the conclusion of the adjudication period (i.e.: when I get around to it);
  • There is an entry limit of one (1) picture per person, which must have an accompanying description of 50 words or less;
  • You may change your entry during the period that entries are still open to be received, however the entry submitted as of the conclusion of the home and away season will be considered as the final entry;
  • It must be a still picture that is digitally created (that means on a computer, not a finger painting like Koko the gorilla) of a size that can be successfully attached to a BigFooty post, preferably .jpg or .png format (no gifs still sorry Bonz), but WITHOUT THE ASSISTANCE OF ANY ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE TOOL (any use of AI will deem the entry invalid and the entrant disqualified);
  • The picture shall be created using the theme specified below. How you interpret the theme is up to you, however please ensure that the description describes the picture according to the theme because that's what descriptions do, they describe;
  • It must be an original picture that you have created by whatever non-AI means that are available to you, and the more original the picture the better;
  • Your entry needs to have been created during the current Sweet FA season. You can enter a picture that was used in another thread within the Sweet FA forum over the course of the season, or you can create one specifically for the contest;
  • Entry is open to any poster who has been a part of the Sweet FA, in season 38 and/or in previous seasons;
  • The winner of the McInnes Prize will receive a badge that will look something like this: 1728199355254.png
I've left the naming of the theme to the end (as long as you disregard the thread title that is). At the beginning of the season we learned of the tragic passing of Grand Uncle Horace, so in honour of the old codger I'm making him the them of this season's McInnes Prize. Whenever I shooped Horrie I used one of these two headshots which are based on an old avatar of his:

1728200642309.png 1728200674406.png
With that in mind, as part of your entry for this season's McInnes Prize my request is that you use one or both of these headshots. So as I officially open the call for entries for the Season 38 McInnes Prize I ask that you get shooping not only for youerselves, your clubs or for the whole of Sweet, but get shooping for Horrie - a most delightful curmudgeon you would be hard pressed to meet.

Red hot regards,

Bob

Curator
Sweet Municipal Art Gallery.

art gallery sfa.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Competition The McInnes Prize For Season 38 - The Horrie Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back