Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, no.
Did any major sporting event get canceled as a result of September 11 ?
Did teams play to empty stadiums ?
Did millions of people be forced to stay indoors for weeks on end ?
Did people from certain countries get banned from entering Australia?
Did shows get canceled?
Not that I recall

Did any major sporting event get canceled as a result of September 11 ? Yes
Did teams play to empty stadiums ? See above
Did millions of people be forced to stay indoors for weeks on end ? Millions of people couldn't fly because all planes were grounded.
Did people from certain countries get banned from entering Australia? Yes.
Did shows get canceled? Yes

Did any major sporting event get canceled as a result of September 11 ? Yes
Did teams play to empty stadiums ? See above
Did millions of people be forced to stay indoors for weeks on end ? Millions of people couldn't fly because all planes were grounded.
Did people from certain countries get banned from entering Australia? Yes.
Did shows get canceled? Yes
Fair enough
I’ll Seeya in 6 months

Nat Fyfe interview on SEN worth a listen.

Biggest news from that was that it doesn’t sound like Hogan is too far away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I give it 6 hours before someone is on here saying he's close to retirement to open a restaurant/cafe/sporting goods store/car dealership/crackhouse because they heard it from a friend of a friend who knows him :thumbsu:

I give it 6 hours before someone is on here saying he's close to retirement to open a restaurant/cafe/sporting goods store/car dealership/crackhouse because they heard it from a friend of a friend who knows him :thumbsu:

I just heard that Hogan’s close to retirement to open a restaurant/cafe/sporting goods store/car dealership/crackhouse because I heard it from a friend of a friend who knows him. Legit.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I just heard that Hogan’s close to retirement to open a restaurant/cafe/sporting goods store/car dealership/crackhouse because I heard it from a friend of a friend who knows him. Legit.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah, cause Hogan totally has the mental toughness right now to run a business. :'(

Final Squiggle prediction. Odds are this is wrong for a few teams, but I'd genuinely take this result

Final Squiggle prediction. Odds are this is wrong for a few teams, but I'd genuinely take this result
I’d take it for WC at 9 alone, let alone us at 10

I'd give my first born for that result

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ladies and Gentlemen, it's the F-Word.
As expected. You’d want your captain to talk finals, especially preseason.
Not the old ‘lets be competitive and knock off a few’

Ladies and Gentlemen, it's the F-Word.
Would love to see the article but this is my expectation too, on our trajectory under Ross we would have played finals this season, why should that change for the new coach?

Longy uses a defensive gameplan and Ross has set the foundation, we had the least points scored against us in the Marsh series so have shown that our team may not take too long to adapt.

My biggest worry is our injury list but if we can somehow overcome that then we need to be pushing for finals. Tucker is 5th year, Bray and Cez 3rd, Cox and Logue can shine this season. The growth needs to be shown this season.

Nat Fyfe has finals expectations for Fremantle Dockers
Headshot of Jordan McArdle

Jordan McArdleThe West Australian
Tuesday, 10 March 2020 9:17AM
Nat Fyfe doesn’t accept the word “rebuild” and is adamant Fremantle are preparing to play finals in their first season under coach Justin Longmuir.

The Dockers have been slammed by injuries to key personnel this summer and have not made a September appearance since bowing out to Hawthorn in the 2015 preliminary finals.
But writing exclusively for The West Australian’s 2020 Fremantle Season Guide, available free with Friday’s edition, Fyfe said the Dockers would enter the season as optimistic as ever about a return to the business end of the year.
“We enter every season thinking we’re a good chance to play finals,” Fyfe writes.
“I am also a pragmatic person. I understand our list profile and while you acknowledge where in the cycle we’re at, this competition, through equalisation measures, is showing more and more that it’s anyone’s to win at any time.
“We’re a club that is preparing to play in a finals series with everything that we do.”
It will be a new-look Fremantle taking the field in their round-one clash against Essendon at Marvel Stadium on March 21, Longmuir’s first official match at the helm since taking over from Ross Lyon.
Champions Aaron Sandilands and Hayden Ballantyne have retired, key defenders Joel Hamling, Alex Pearce (ankle), former captain David Mundy (leg) and luckless veteran Stephen Hill (quad) are sidelined, and a host of fresh faces are in the mix, including top-10 pick Caleb Serong and trade acquisition James Aish.
Many pundits have ruled a line though Fremantle’s finals hopes before the season has begun.
But Fyfe is relishing what he described as the “underdog mentality” and was “quietly optimistic” about what the group could achieve this year.
The Dockers skipper also shared his thoughts on the latest crop of draftees, Longmuir’s early influence and game plan and the challenges the team faces for the season ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back