Certified Legendary Thread The Medical Sub blunder - What the hell?

Remove this Banner Ad

The clubs position is clear. They’ve explained it badly, and made it worse.

their position is clear they just got it wrong

their feedback was that players don’t like being sub, dressing and not being used causes them to be flat after

they tried a tactic, not to be dressed and not to use him if at all possible. He could relax as if he’s just watching the game. That way if he didn’t get called upon it wouldn’t matter

as a tactic you can see a logic.

the problem as I’ve said all along is if he’s not ready, and you didn’t plan to use him - why activate him at all?

they came up with a tactic to combat the stress unused subs were reporting

I don’t have a problem with that. Try something, see if it works

but this was dumb, straight out of the Kevin Sheedy on Mushrooms playbook

the tactic only works if we don’t need the sub. It fails badly if we do

that’s without mentioning the older player, injured, who they reckoned needed the rest being chosen as the sub. One who needed shots and unquestionably more prep and warm up than a fit player in good condition

we should have not activated him at that late stage. It didn’t work, he did far call.

And then to make a series of calamitous public statements not only made it worse, it brings back memories of the bad old days of the dishonest, ducking and diving, contemptuous crows of the past.

the very recent past

bad idea made worse by poor execution and a failure to accept responsibility

The sub is viewed in a grouping of the best 22 but not the starting 18 by the coach, hence Nicks comment that Lynch is still in the best 22 but no longer starting 18 due to his form.
Aren't the 22 selected players viewed as the best 22 and the medical sub is outside that?

Funnily enough I watched this last night on youtube.

Ritchie had some very choice words on the matter, 100% agree.

To be honest, what our Club does is in the same manner in which Chappell didnt give a flying f**k what happens next or who he pisses off.

absolutely. When you lose your moral compass you become detached from reality. You lose your soul

the problem with the underarm wasn’t the rules, it’s that only a game of sport, one day cricket in Pajamas. It doesn’t matter, why lose your soul over something so meaningless. So cheap

“one of the worst things I’ve ever seen done on a cricket field”

and for so little?

the way we’re digging in on this sub matter, refusing to own it has some parallels

why dig in on so hard when it’s not that important? It’s cultural

Do you realise reading one article that states "anesthetic" does not mean an entire subject? Here's an article for you to see where I'm coming from:
Here's the main part which flows on from the main point I stated earlier on:
Corticosteroids, local anesthetics, and ketorolac tromethamine (Toradol) are the most commonly used injectable agents in athletes. The use of these injectable agents have proven efficacy in some disorders, whereas the clinical benefit for others remain questionable. All soft tissue injections performed for pain control and/or an anti-inflammatory effect have potentially serious side effects, which must be considered, especially in the pregame setting.

Note the last sentence, and that being my main point before, they ALL can have potentially serious side effects if overusing. All you've done is to quote an article stating "anesthetic" and you're high-fiving skam85, as if me mentioning steroids is completely absurd. Who's laughing now eh?
I'm quite amused actually Doc Google , this questionable tactic has been used in professional sport for as long as these substances have been available and no doubt they'll continue to be used until Sports Administrators have the balls to ban their use as a short term game day practice. Much like the banning of anabolic steroids and other performance enhancing substances came to pass. Until then...

Clearly not by the coach and this is logically understandable even for those with even basic football knowledge, hence Nicks comment, get it now.
I think Nicks doesn't deserve to get the backlash here. It's not his job to say whether Lynch is matchfit, and not his job to say whether Hamill was injured enough for the Sub to be activated. Also not his job to do the prepping before he came onfield. These issues are all out of his hands.

absolutely. When you lose your moral compass you become detached from reality. You lose your soul

the problem with the underarm wasn’t the rules, it’s that only a game of sport, one day cricket in Pajamas. It doesn’t matter, why lose your soul over something so meaningless. So cheap
Go to 43.15 and relive some memories with Chappell.

Its interesting, he expands on a few things I never knew about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

their feedback was that players don’t like being sub, dressing and not being used causes them to be flat after

they tried a tactic, not to be dressed and not to use him if at all possible. He could relax as if he’s just watching the game. That way if he didn’t get called upon it wouldn’t matter

the problem as I’ve said all along is if he’s not ready, and you didn’t plan to use him - why activate him at all?

that’s without mentioning the older player, injured, who they reckoned needed the rest being chosen as the sub. One who needed shots and unquestionably more prep and warm up than a fit player in good condition

we should have not activated him at that late stage. It didn’t work, he did far call.

And then to make a series of calamitous public statements not only made it worse, it brings back memories of the bad old days of the dishonest, ducking and diving, contemptuous crows of the past.

the very recent past

F me. Did they also get feedback about needing to put more cushions on the bench for the comfort of Lynch’s royal behind?

Is he or is he not paid a stupendous salary to perform whatever role the team requires?

Roughy and Goodes both finished their decorated careers playing reserves footy with a smile on their face.

I'm quite amused actually Doc Google , this questionable tactic has been used in professional sport for as long as these substances have been available and no doubt they'll continue to be used until Sports Administrators have the balls to ban their use as a short term game day practice. Much like the banning of anabolic steroids and other performance enhancing substances came to pass. Until then...
Steroids here I'm referring to is the Corticosteroids variety (next to your highlighted in bold in the last post). You probably thought Corticosteroids and anabolic steroids were the same thing? You need to do more googling.

I thought Nicks said in the presser even Mackay said how difficult this was and he is as professional as it gets at the club and that the data he was referring to suggested this where many players have indicated how hard it is to play the medical sub role.
The data is only as good as the question

''David what did you think about being medical sub''

'it was shit I would rather be playing '

Player indicated it was shit

Steroids here I'm referring to is the Corticosteroids variety (next to your highlighted in bold in the last post). You probably thought Corticosteroids and anabolic steroids were the same thing? You need to do more googling.
LOL Keep digging Doc, you're record on BF speaks for itself.

I think Nicks doesn't deserve to get the backlash here. It's not his job to say whether Lynch is matchfit, and not his job to say whether Hamill was injured enough for the Sub to be activated. Also not his job to do the prepping before he came onfield. These issues are all out of his hands.
Yes he does.

It's 100% on him. At least he had the balls to come out the next day and own it.

Still a dumb call though.

No club has had their sub get dressed and warm up in the rooms for ages after a player cops a serious injury

Mate, I'd be a less pissed off if he just got in his kit with a little more urgency and vigour.

From where I was sitting he lacked any real passion or intensity when suiting up.

Petulant figjam.

Mate, I'd be a less pissed off if he just got in his kit with a little more urgency and vigour.

From where I was sitting he lacked any real passion or intensity when suiting up.

Petulant figjam.

TBH he looked f**king grumpy and angry that he had to play.

Thats the price of putting on a Crows jumper.

their position is clear they just got it wrong

the very recent past

Yep, I bet that cutting edge player feedback revelation came in the mail this week from Lynch himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread The Medical Sub blunder - What the hell?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back