The Most Powerful AFL President?

The Most Powerful AFL Club President?

• Richard Pratt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eddie McGuire

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I must admit, Carlton look a lot better with Pratt at the helm. I just hope that the AFL doesn't become like the EPL where struggling clubs can just get a billionaire to make them viable again.

What you just don't understand is that Carlton have always had massive financial backing, and the most financial backing of any Club in the AFL. It was just time to make this a little more public. A couple million $ short term debt means very little to us, although it does get the media and anti-Carlton supporters extremely excited. Now that the finances have been turned around and we are growing again this anti-Carlton audiance have all gone quiet. It's quite hilarious. While we could buy any of the minor Vic Clubs now, I think it's important to keep Clubs like Richmond, Dees, Hawks, and Bulldogs alive, just for the benefit of competition. It is nice seeing a massive AFL powerhouse like Carlton re-emerge isn't it. :)

What you just don't understand is that Carlton have always had massive financial backing, and the most financial backing of any Club in the AFL. It was just time to make this a little more public. A couple million $ short term debt means very little to us, although it does get the media and anti-Carlton supporters extremely excited. Now that the finances have been turned around and we are growing again this anti-Carlton audiance have all gone quiet. It's quite hilarious. While we could buy any of the minor Vic Clubs now, I think it's important to keep Clubs like Richmond, Dees, Hawks, and Bulldogs alive, just for the benefit of competition. It is nice seeing a massive AFL powerhouse like Carlton re-emerge isn't it. :)
this bloke is living in fantasy land

tell us what he has done to be better
In a matter of weeks Pratt has:
- increased player morale.
- updated gym equipment
- united the board
- introduced key figures back to the club
- recruited a successful CEO in Swann
- recruited Icke.

By the end of the two years expect the list of acheivements to be 100x of what eddie has done in how many years his been at the helm for.

Hopefully thats not a stab at just Carlton as the likes of Essendon and Collingwood have been doing the same with Peter Jackson & Eddie Maguire respectively.
Explain how Maguire and Jackson are billionaires propping up struggling clubs?

Maguire and Jackson are influential but didn't need to throw in wads of their own cash, they just used their business acumen and attracted the right people to their respective clubs. This is what all clubs should seek to do, not at all what Richo83 was bemoaning.

Hopefully thats not a stab at just Carlton as the likes of Essendon and Collingwood have been doing the same with Peter Jackson & Eddie Maguire respectively.

Pratt just does it better.

Essendon didn't bring in Peter Jackson, who isn't a billionaire like Pratt to bail out their club. Eddie Maguire is something I didn't like either, but hey at least he cared for the club well and truly.

And how does Pratt do it better after only a couple of months at the club? Jackson took Essendon to a grand final, ditto Maguire, what has a Pratt Carlton done? Nothing.

In a matter of weeks Pratt has:
- increased player morale.
- updated gym equipment
- united the board
- introduced key figures back to the club
- recruited a successful CEO in Swann
- recruited Icke.

By the end of the two years expect the list of acheivements to be 100x of what eddie has done in how many years his been at the helm for.
but collingwood and essendon have had all that for years apart from icke but who is he in the scheme of things

Explain how Maguire and Jackson are billionaires propping up struggling clubs?

Maguire and Jackson are influential but didn't need to throw in wads of their own cash, they just used their business acumen and attracted the right people to their respective clubs. This is what all clubs should seek to do, not at all what Richo83 was bemoaning.

How i pity your lack of general knowledge.

but collingwood and essendon have had all that for years apart from icke but who is he in the scheme of things
Exactly. Pratt has done in weeks what thse clubs took years to do. While he hasn't got all the runs on the board he is definently in a far greater position than eddie and jackson at this point of there reigns.

How i pity your lack of general knowledge.
Proof please... including proof of McGuire and Jackson being billionaires. :thumbsdown:

I'm sure if it's general knowledge you'll have no trouble providing it.

Proof please... including proof of McGuire and Jackson being billionaires. :thumbsdown:

I'm sure if it's general knowledge you'll have no trouble providing it.
No sorry, i meant of pumping in large amounts of money into the football club.

Although i don't think pratt has dipped in 2+ he has dripped in 1+mil.

So has maguire.

And from what i hear from Essendon supporters, so has jackson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It probably has to do with all the sickening brown-nosing that's been going on around here since **** walked into the top job at... wherever it is Carlton resides now.

A protest vote, in favour of McGuire. Never thought I'd see the day.

Greg Swann is a talented individual who desired a new challenge, and most likely a bigger paycheque. He did a great job at Collingwood, but to be fair, there isn't a lot left for him to do. Carlton, on the other hand, needs a whole lotta work.

Greg Swann is a talented individual who desired a new challenge, and most likely a bigger paycheque. He did a great job at Collingwood, but to be fair, there isn't a lot left for him to do. ..

Umm.. his Club was 15th in 2005, and snuck into the finals in 2006 in an under-the-radar-effort, with a terrible, aging, slow going-backwards list, and with one flag in the past 50 years. "Not a lot left to do" - now that is funny. Very funny. :)

Are you aware of what a "contradiction" is, parrot? On the one hand you're saying he did a poor job at Collingwood, leaving the place in a rabble, and on the other hand you're saying Pratt is the most powerful AFL President because he was able to recruit this man.

Way to own yourself. :thumbsu: You should take a holiday from BigFooty parrot, you've only managed to embarrass yourself lately, and I fear for you that these recent backfiring trolls are just a tip of "a iceburg". :p

Swann isn't in charge of on-field performance. Pratt knows this, which is why he wanted his services badly enough to poach him while under contract.

....Swann isn't in charge of on-field performance. Pratt knows this, which is why he wanted his services badly enough to poach him while under contract.

I don't know what you define success as down at Pieland, but at Carlton success is winning flags - period. Everyone at the Carlton football club, has that objective in mind. Everything other than a flag, we consider failure - that's just how the Carlton success culture is. It's pretty bizarre calling one flag in 50 years "success" if you ask me. No wonder Collingwood have been mediocre for so long. :)

I don't know what you define success as down at Pieland, but at Carlton success is winning flags - period. Everyone at the Carlton football club, has that objective in mind. Everything other than a flag, we consider failure - that's just how the Carlton success culture is. It's pretty bizarre calling one flag in 50 years "success" if you ask me. No wonder Collingwood have been mediocre for so long. :)
Okay, have it your way. :)

Pratt is the most powerful AFL club President because he has the power to hire people from rival clubs (ie. Greg Swann) who are no good at their jobs. He attracts people to his club that were responsible for the mediocrity of their previous team's performances.

Great argument, parrot :rolleyes:, you should have quit after owning yourself in your last post.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Most Powerful AFL President?

Back