MRP / Trib. The MRP/Tribunal Thread - 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope you don’t mind me commenting in here… but I honestly think Reid should get 0 weeks for a good hard fair tackle where he was a victim of circumstances of the opposition player’s momentum. I am a big believer of protecting the head having experienced multiple concussions in senior footy due to dodgy swinging forearms and intentional high shirt fronts and it’s great that those actions have been taken out of the game mostly. But this is just a ridiculous decision and if it were Maynard from pies - it wouldn’t be even spoken about.

No concussion and saints said only mild contact with the ground so no way in hell it could be high impact.

****. Overturned. They never let two blokes off on the same night.
False.
Im certain there was a week last year where 2 players were exonerated.
Our strategy now should be to draw this out as long as possible to wear them down so they just say, ****it, he can play.

I hope you don’t mind me commenting in here… but I honestly think Reid should get 0 weeks for a good hard fair tackle where he was a victim of circumstances of the opposition player’s momentum. I am a big believer of protecting the head having experienced multiple concussions in senior footy due to dodgy swinging forearms and intentional high shirt fronts and it’s great that those actions have been taken out of the game mostly. But this is just a ridiculous decision and if it were Maynard from pies - it wouldn’t be even spoken about.

Appreciate the sentiment but none of us are expecting him to get off without at least a week here.

It’s been well established that the onus is on the tackler/bumper to protect the head of the opponent - the only exception being if you are a good bloke with over 200 games, a Brownlow contender or a player of note playing in a Prelim.

If you aren’t one of those things, you’re getting weeks. 😊

I have no idea why we are arguing for a one match ban instead of 2. Should be arguing to have the whole thing thrown out.
It's a waste of time to argue to 1 it's legit no challange. Arguing for zero is a challenge and has big benefits.

Legit paying lawyers to do **** all when only arguing for 1.

Dax Shepard Fox GIF by SpinTheWheel

Let’s go ladies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints medical report states Darcy Wilson required no medical treatment, had no concussion symptoms during or post game and isn't expected to miss any trainings or matches.

Looks like Harley commited a victimless crime.
Yes but… he had the potential to give him an RKO. A move perfected by Professional wrestler Randy Orton. The RKO is a variation of the Diamond Cutter.

To perform this you first grab the opponent from the neck from behind and then spike them down to the floor. This drives the back of the head into the turf and is exactly the type of motion the AFL is trying to cut out of the game. Had Harley done this he could have broken the poor guys neck

Yes but… he had the potential to give him an RKO. A move perfected by Professional wrestler Randy Orton. The RKO is a variation of the Diamond Cutter.

To perform this you first grab the opponent from the neck from behind and then spike them down to the floor. This drives the back of the head into the turf and is exactly the type of motion the AFL is trying to cut out of the game. Had Harley done this he could have broken the poor guys neck
GIF by WWE

Remove this Banner Ad

Back