List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
He has not been better than Jagga, Smillie has been underwhelming though.

I just don’t rate Draper that highly, he’s solid at most aspects but elite at none, he doesn’t kick goals which elite modern midfielders need to be able to do, he’s a decent clearance player but by no means an elite one, he’s not slow but not rapid and is not a threat aerially or a prolific ball winner.
Would disagree with his pace. He’s looks to have a real burst of pace but doesn’t always back himself in to use it. Will be interesting how he tests at the combine.

That and the way he exits to the side and defensive side of packs rather than out the front. This leads to him to having to handball it a lot as he has opposition players defending in front of him. Hence the loopy handballs that peeps talk about

Kaleb Smith debuted a couple of weeks for Richmond, would have initially signed a 2 year contract. His 1st year was lost due to an ankle injury, but has strung some good games together in the VFL.
Really quick, big kick HBF from WA, WC were keen in his draft year.
Went to school with Ginbey, and would fit right in with that developing age group.
Someone we should definitely be looking at in my opinion.

A standout performance by Reid and one of the best individual performances so far in this Champs series. He was especially important during a pivotal 3rd quarter stretch which Metro took control of the contest. Murphy was poised and creative with ball in hand, damaging the opposition with involvements in scoring chains as well as kicking goals himself.

Kaleb Smith debuted a couple of weeks for Richmond, would have initially signed a 2 year contract. His 1st year was lost due to an ankle injury, but has strung some good games together in the VFL.
Really quick, big kick HBF from WA, WC were keen in his draft year.
Went to school with Ginbey, and would fit right in with that developing age group.
Someone we should definitely be looking at in my opinion.

Could do with someone young to develop as a small defender as we are light on for depth there and Burgiel hasn’t come on as hoped

Maybe a strain swap between the two or preferably with something else like one of those R3 picks Richmond have coming back

Or if we are dead set on Baker, trade our F2 and Burgiel for Baker and Smith

To me Jagga is very clearly the #4 player in the draft to date. If the draft was held tomorrow I couldn’t see us overlooking him or FOS with our pick if we didn’t split. That’s not to say guys like Draper, Lalor etc that have had limited game time can’t pass him by the end of the season.

Jagga would be an excellent fit for our midfield by extracting and dishing out to Harley, Hewett and TK. I do still have some concerns over his ceiling and ability for his body to perform the same role at AFL level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My bad I thought Warner was RFA.

He improves the side significantly but is he worth the two F1’s, one being in the top 10? Because that’s probably the minimum to get him in the door.

Also another nuance to our strategy going forward.

I don’t see us moving out of the bottom three yet.

I don’t trust Yeo, McGovern to give us a full season. I also don’t see enough of the young brigade taking another level with the exception of Hough, Ginbey, Long and Hewett.

The list of kids literally on watch is growing, and it doesn’t look good. I seriously hope I am wrong!
I don’t see it with Ginbey personally.

Harley obviously has best in the competition as his ceiling.

I liked what I saw of Hewett early, but until he gets back and shows missing the season hasn’t hampered him, the jury is still out for me.

Really have to wait until after the trade period, to get a gage on where clubs might finish next season.

Richmond might really blow it up, to hit the draft hard, before Tassie comes in. They might angle for pick 1 next year.

St Kilda might face a bit of an exodus as well. Even losing some of their middling talent, might see them bottom right out.

And North might still North it up next season.

A standout performance by Reid and one of the best individual performances so far in this Champs series. He was especially important during a pivotal 3rd quarter stretch which Metro took control of the contest. Murphy was poised and creative with ball in hand, damaging the opposition with involvements in scoring chains as well as kicking goals himself.

Yes, the Chris Masten syndrome. I wonder if Murphy Reid has a similar question mark over him. Looks a similar height and build.

Does anyone have some insights on the kid? Height/Weight, profile?

And if you had to put a range on where he would go, top 10, 20 or 20-40? I have always been of the view to throw a brother a life line to keep or attract another brother.

Warner, Curtin and Reid should be on our watch list for this reason.

I don’t see it with Ginbey personally.

Harley obviously has best in the competition as his ceiling.

I liked what I saw of Hewett early, but until he gets back and shows missing the season hasn’t hampered him, the jury is still out for me.

Really have to wait until after the trade period, to get a gage on where clubs might finish next season.

Richmond might really blow it up, to hit the draft hard, before Tassie comes in. They might angle for pick 1 next year.

St Kilda might face a bit of an exodus as well. Even losing some of their middling talent, might see them bottom right out.

And North might still North it up next season.
We're going to sit on the opposite sides regarding our kids.

Being an Eagles fan, I look at some of our kids with rose coloured glasses. You may say otherwise and I hope you are wrong.

IF all we have is H Reid then we are going to have more of putrid time than Norf and that is saying something.

Hough, Hewett, Ginbey, Long need to become 200 + game players and three of the four need to become A graders.

Add in the rest of the mix Barnett, Maric, Culley, Chesser, AReid, JWilliams, Johnston, Hall, BWilliams, Bazzo, Burgiel and Hutchinson - at least half of these guys need to become solid citizens and B graders.

The best performance of the Champs series so far for Moraes who's been solid and consistent without really tearing a game apart. Its probably not surprising that this was also the game in which he had his highest number of midfield rotations and was able to use his running power to burn off his opponents on the spread. He was especially effective in the second half as Metro got well on top in general play, featuring in many of their most productive passages of play and kicking a couple of goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back