Club History The N***d Years

Remove this Banner Ad

Vince is Roos in the way he found his way to the club, with the class and professionalism he has brought.

Also Vince is Roos if you saw his 30th birthday party last year

There are some decisions that Bailey wouldn't have made though, and thus left the MFC is a far better position for the next coach. He wouldn't have appointed Jack x2 as captain. He wouldn't have shipped off Martin. He wouldn't have brought in Rodan, Gillies, Sellar et al. He wouldn't have overseen the exorcism of Moloney et al. Striker's timeline may still have panned out but Roos would have actually had a reasonable foundation to work with instead of the steaming pile of shit he was given.
I for one am very glad Moloney and Martin weren't there when a Roos arrived. Martin is remembered way too romantically on this board - only ever played one half of a good season of footy. Plus, was a massive dick by all accounts.

Mark Neeld = MFC saviour. If not for his shitness we would have continued down the same path we had been down since 2006.

He got everyone the arse and we started all over again. (I stand corrected, Rawlings the lone survivor)

Neeld = Detox for you football club. Good stuff :thumbsu:
Its the kind of detox where you drink bleach to clean out your system.

I made a similar comparison in the rainbow connection thread a year ago, comparing our 2014 side to the Swans wooden spoon sides of the nineties saying that success will come

Vince?
Adelaide to fold?

Its the kind of detox where you drink bleach to clean out your system.

White King, The Demons supporter's bleach of choice. :thumbsu:

And for those really special occasions, reach for the top shelf and get out you "Premium" Bleach

upload_2016-5-14_22-9-53.png

I for one am very glad Moloney and Martin weren't there when a Roos arrived. Martin is remembered way too romantically on this board - only ever played one half of a good season of footy. Plus, was a massive dick by all accounts.
It was the only season he played in the ruck though. Brisbane showing us that he's elite if you play him where he's good. Wasn't a dick, but heard he was a terrible trainer.

Watched Neelds pressed from the Essendon game again. Guy was clueless, completely went to water. Does anyone have a link to the presser after the Brisbane game in 2012?

Also that shot of the players walking off in the Essendon game with dozens of fans lining up to abuse them is pretty haunting.
Yeah, that's a horrible image.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The one thing i hate more, was Neeld get pats on the back and high fives after out loss to Essendon this year. Made me want to vomit

Brisbane showing us that he's elite if you play him where he's good.

Yes, but only after they ran out of literally every other candidate they could play as a ruckman.

Yes, but only after they ran out of literally every other candidate they could play as a ruckman.
I saw him a bunch in the twos before they ran out of options too ... Was very much running on borrowed time. A couple of interactions between him and Moloney were interesting, no residual mateship from their MFC days at all

Solid ... For mine I dressed as the three stages of Elvis, young Elvis, Elvis in his prime, and fat Elvis about to drown in a puddle of his own vomit
Bon Scott did that.

Elvis died of a heart attack while taking a shit.

He was a drug addict who also had a penchant for "fool's gold" sandwich:

IN THE N****Y YEARS. (with apologies to Robertson and Rutherford)

Every single new coach
Blames the one before
And all of their frustrations
Come beating on our door

I know that I'm a prisoner
To all my Coach holds so dear
We knew we were a hostage
To all his hopes and fears
I just wish he would have left us in our growing years

Oh, grand stilted plans
Built on arrogant thought
Incompetent conversations
I'm afraid that's all we got

We said we just can’t grasp it
He said it's perfect sense
You just need to understand
In this present tense
We all have a different game plan
What the F***’s defence

Say it loud (say it loud), say it clear (oh say it clear)
Where is our saviour can you hear
It's not too late (it's not too late) and we won’t die (oh we won’t die)
And we will never see eye to eye

So you opened up divisions
Though nothing like our past
We won’t sacrifice our future
But the bitterness will last

So we won’t yield to your crap
You think is just so great
We will find a new perspective
On a different day
And we won’t give up, until you give in
Then we may just be okay

I was there that morning
When N***d was sent away
I didn't get to tell him
All the things I had to say

Thank god we lost his game plan
Later that same year
We’ll never hear his echo
And supporters anguished tears
I just wish he could have F****d off in our fateful years

So say it, say it, say it loud (say it loud)
Say it clear (come on say it clear)
That's wonderful - but did you seriously make a decision to sit down and write a song based on something by Mike + the Mechanics?

You are weird.

That's wonderful - but did you seriously make a decision to sit down and write a song based on something by Mike + the Mechanics?

You are weird.
Yes I did, took me all of 40 minutes, so I am probably weirder than you think, thanks for the compliment.

Still though when given the chance to play in the ruck he proved what a great player he is. I don't blame the Dee's for keeping Jamar as he was an A/A but he did sweet F/A since that season. Hindsight shows what a lousy decision that was.

Still though when given the chance to play in the ruck he proved what a great player he is. I don't blame the Dee's for keeping Jamar as he was an A/A but he did sweet F/A since that season. Hindsight shows what a lousy decision that was.

Not a big deal now with Gawn coming into his own. Yes, Martin has been pretty damn good for Brizzy since he got the spot, but he was ordinary here when he played anywhere other than ruck. He couldn't play second fiddle either, so it was him or Jamar, and they went with Jamar. Such is life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back