Toast The New Carlton Thread: 5 wooden spoons this century (next worst is 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Different supermarket today.

It was the famous Metropolitan Wholesalers in Sydney Road.

I’ll give them a plug - fantastic place for Italian groceries (retail despite the name).

Much frequented by Italians and, um, Carlton supporters. Despite the latter I highly recommend it.

They must have an outstanding cookware section , specifically that of the stirring variety

they struggle to move them, Carlton’s already well stocked
You Win Runner Up GIF

As a child of the 70s, I hate Carlton more than any other team. It would be pure bliss to see their premiership drought extend beyond 32 years.

Never forget. They are the scum of the earth.

No pity, no forgiveness.

As a child of the 70s, I hate Carlton more than any other team. It would be pure bliss to see their premiership drought extend beyond 32 years.

Never forget. They are the scum of the earth.

No pity, no forgiveness.
Similar sentiment indeed. We waited 32 years between 58 and 90, Richmond waited 37 years between 1980 and 2017, so if the sequence continues, Carlton will have to wait 42 years, so that should take them to 2037 before they see success:)

Similar sentiment indeed. We waited 32 years between 58 and 90, Richmond waited 37 years between 1980 and 2017, so if the sequence continues, Carlton will have to wait 42 years, so that should take them to 2037 before they see success:)
You can't possibly compare Collingwood's 32 year drought, where we played in 8 Grand
Finals, to Richmond's drought (where they won 2 finals), and Carlton's drought, where they've played in 1 Grand Final and 'won' 5 x wooden spoons...

You can't possibly compare Collingwood's 32 year drought, where we played in 8 Grand
Finals, to Richmond's drought (where they won 2 finals), and Carlton's drought, where they've played in 1 Grand Final and 'won' 5 x wooden spoons...
Very good point.
Very bad for reminding me!

Collingwood gave it a fair few cracks at winning, often with less talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. Merely looking at the length of the premiership drought and looking at the trend, 32, 37 and then the next number in the sequence 42:)

And Essendon wait 47 years. So 2047 for them at the earliest.

Probably/likely - before my time though.
You're lucky - not probably - for sure :(
Top 4 at end of home and away

Screenshot_20240504-201736~2.png

We beat Carlton x 2 in home and away plus in 2nd semi eg - 2 time we played them in home and away

Screenshot_20240504-201934~2.png

Peter McKenna kicked 143 goals

Sigh - scars will heal when we beat Carlton in a GF

You're lucky - not probably - for sure :(
Top 4 at end of home and away

View attachment 1979326

We beat Carlton x 2 in home and away plus in 2nd semi eg - 2 time we played them in home and away

View attachment 1979329

Peter McKenna kicked 143 goals

Sigh - scars will heal when we beat Carlton in a GF
Unfortunately that will never happen. To beat them in a grand final, they actually have to make one!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back