Unofficial Preview The new season

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree. Adams strengths are all in and under. HF he offers very little. Averaged 7 clearances a game in 21, he needs to be at the coalface as much as possible
I think that hff for Adams would be solely about what you suggested in a different post - a midfield in transition. Giving some extra time to others to try to get them up to the standard where they can help him around stoppages. You need a strong midfield and ultimately we still need to replace guys like Treloar, Pendles soon, Sidey from rotations - JDG is the only one who has begun to come through - and even with those previous guys, we were still one short with Sier and Beams's return not working out.

In a couple of years time, we'll have Adams and JDG that you can be reasonably confident about - but we need 3 more - hopefully Daicos can be one of them.

I think that hff for Adams would be solely about what you suggested in a different post - a midfield in transition. Giving some extra time to others to try to get them up to the standard where they can help him around stoppages. You need a strong midfield and ultimately we still need to replace guys like Treloar, Pendles soon, Sidey from rotations - JDG is the only one who has begun to come through - and even with those previous guys, we were still one short with Sier and Beams's return not working out.

In a couple of years time, we'll have Adams and JDG that you can be reasonably confident about - but we need 3 more - hopefully Daicos can be one of them.
Total agreement we have Pendles, Sidey and then Adams retiring in the near future. It seems like Fly is trying to minimize the disruption by getting mid time into youngsters and promoting likely senior players like Crisp and Maynard to got go through the centre.

Just seems like common sense to me, we lose a bit of mid power perhaps this year but we aren't contending and it will be an investment towards Pendles retirement firstly - probably at the end of this season.

Total agreement we have Pendles, Sidey and then Adams retiring in the near future. It seems like Fly is trying to minimize the disruption by getting mid time into youngsters and promoting likely senior players like Crisp and Maynard to got go through the centre.

Just seems like common sense to me, we lose a bit of mid power perhaps this year but we aren't contending and it will be an investment towards Pendles retirement firstly - probably at the end of this season.

Crisp the same age as Adams. Pendles contracted for 2023. Keep on truckin.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree. Adams strengths are all in and under. HF he offers very little. Averaged 7 clearances a game in 21, he needs to be at the coalface as much as possible
I doubt adams starts anywhere but in the guts, if anything, he will be part of the rotations with JDG and Elliott through the middle, probably just trying to add a bit of forward craft to his game for when he does go forward. I actually think he does offer a bit up forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Back