Prediction The Next Five (The Next Four Pt. 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Beating Sydney in Sydney would be our best and most consequential win of the year, if it happens.

I would be very happy with 4-1, but I think we will go LWWWL.

Squiggle rates us as below.

Syd - 43%
Ess - 74%
Ade - 51%
GWS - 69%
Coll - 52%

Which would put as at 2.89 wins.
I'm not bold enough to suggest 5-0 but they're all winnable.

Geez Adelaide could not beat a Fremantle team without Fyfe, Sandy, Brad Hill and Stephen Hill
Brad Crouch Groin Season
Paul Hunter Ankle 7-9 weeks
Riley Knight Hamstring tendinitis 1-2 weeks
Rory Laird Hand 1 week
Tom Lynch Side strain 1 week
Mitch McGovern Ankle 5-7 weeks
Rory Sloane Foot 1-2 weeks
Brodie Smith Knee Indefinite

Not exactly sure why it happened, but this may have something to do with it.

Brad Crouch Groin Season
Paul Hunter Ankle 7-9 weeks
Riley Knight Hamstring tendinitis 1-2 weeks
Rory Laird Hand 1 week
Tom Lynch Side strain 1 week
Mitch McGovern Ankle 5-7 weeks
Rory Sloane Foot 1-2 weeks
Brodie Smith Knee Indefinite

Not exactly sure why it happened, but this may have something to do with it.
True i say Sloane, Smith, Crouch, Lynch, Laird and Mcgovern wow that is 6 of the best 22

Sydney- Decent side but not scary-good and shaky form at home. Win.
Essendon- Trash. Easy win.
Adelaide- Mentally shattered after GF, half the team injured and we're great at AO for some reason. Win, Pyke sacked and begs for his old job back.
GWS- Should be building form by then, but we got this at home. Win.
Collingwood- I call bullshit on a forward line built around DeGoey, Cox and Reid and the MCG isn't magic, we've gotta figure it out sooner or later. Cautious win.

5-0 for mine. Screw mid-season slumps, this is a pretty weak year and there's no reason we can't just Essendon-in-2000 it.

I'd just like to know what it feels like to have a loss again
Hurn called.

Says he’s over you and he wants to move on to explore different options.

Hurn called.

Says he’s over you and he wants to move on to explore different options.
That's fine.
I'll contact my lawyers and take him for everything he has.

His Ross Glendenning medal
His All Australian Captaincy Honours
His Premiership Medallion
His car
His boat
That photo of him with that massive fish he caught
His 80m leg
The nudes of Simmos missus

I'll be quite ruthless :'(

Sydney- Loss
We have no matchup for buddy & their midfield/ruck shade ours.
As we know better than most, Sinkers is not a great tap ruckman, but he excels around the ground. Our midfield has grown in confidence since rd 1 with players like Redden adding to our inside mix. Nic and Lycett are playing consistent footy; much will come down whether they can even up the clearance battle and keep Sinkers out of the forward line.

Our defence has also improved since rd 1. They are playing with confidence and covering for each other, despite some struggles moving the ball out against the Cats and Tigers for a couple quarters. We'll likely see Hurn and Shep in more defensive roles to contain Buddy on the lead and the smalls, whilst Jetta will have more responsibility on the rebound. Barrass sticks to Buddy like glue, and Gov floats. Cole has added a touch of intent and class, and is combing well with Duggan.

That's fine.
I'll contact my lawyers and take him for everything he has.

His Ross Glendenning medal
His All Australian Captaincy Honours
His Premiership Medallion
His car
His boat
That photo of him with that massive fish he caught
His 80m leg
The nudes of Simmos missus

I'll be quite ruthless :'(

You'll never take his airstrip, though.

We really need to win the Collingwood game. If we were to make it to GF day we desperatly need to overcome a decent side at the MCG before then. Otherwise I don't us much chance there against a Richmond. (How that corrupt rule isn't under more scrutiny is beyond me.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is my Wishlist:as long as these two things happen

We finish the year top 2, won’t matter really.
And the other team is non Victorian meaning Richmond lose their mcg home advantage.

That way Richmond potentially playing prelim in Sydney or Perth is the key.

Hopefully it won't really matter, in terms of amount of wins. Reckon we only need to win or 2 of our remaining away games (swans, crows, port, pies, North, Brisbane) should be able to get 2 out of that lot
Its a tough run either way. If we finish high up the ladder then we'll be finals ready

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

If North can beat Sydney at the SCG, so can we. Adelaide are decimated by injury and we play Adelaide Oval well. If ever there was a time to break our Pies @ MCG hoodoo, now is the time.

All are winnable games but I wouldn't bank on the 8 points against GWS and Essendon for sure.

Head: 2-3
Heart: 5-0
Was Buddy playing when North won as wasn't Buddy missing for a few games? He was the only reason we lost to them earlier in the season.

Sydney- Decent side but not scary-good and shaky form at home. Win.
Essendon- Trash. Easy win.
Adelaide- Mentally shattered after GF, half the team injured and we're great at AO for some reason. Win, Pyke sacked and begs for his old job back.
GWS- Should be building form by then, but we got this at home. Win.
Collingwood- I call bullshit on a forward line built around DeGoey, Cox and Reid and the MCG isn't magic, we've gotta figure it out sooner or later. Cautious win.

5-0 for mine. Screw mid-season slumps, this is a pretty weak year and there's no reason we can't just Essendon-in-2000 it.
I like your confidence the pies will be tough man with their midfield power of Phillps, Thomas, Treloar, Pendeles, Sidebottom, Crips, Degoey, Taylor Adams.
However lets tackle Sydney first i think we are up to eyeballs in this one, they are a good team but we can certainly match them

Great start to the next 5, with Richmond and Melbourne both losing. Takes a bit of the pressure off to keep the streak going and with a game in hand we can extend our buffer to 2 games with a win over the Swans.

It isnt inconceivable for us to be three games clear at the end of the bye rounds, if we beat Swans and Essendon and Richmond lose to Geelong. Richmond, Geelong, Swans and Melbourne all have the late bye (Round 14).

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction The Next Five (The Next Four Pt. 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back