Summer The next Olympic sports

Remove this Banner Ad

Orienteering would be good. Surprised there isn't a trail run or ultra.
As an orienteer I agree and we should have a really good argument especially with city sprint races which can be great for location and TV. The International Orienteering Federation has been trying to get into the Olympics but they have done a pretty poor job of lobbying and making a case.

Unlikely we would win any medals though. And the Poms beat us pretty handily in International races most of the time these days. :-(

Some orienteers can make it to the olympics in other sports. Matthias Kyburz has won 8 gold medals at World Orienteering Championships. During covid lockdown he set a treadmill 50km WR (2:56). Last year he decided to have a crack at the Olympic marathon. He ran a 2.07 qualifier to book his spot in the Swiss team. In the marathon on Saturday he came 30th in 2:11:32 beating 2 of the 3 Aussies.

Tove Alexandersson is the world's best female orienteer, she's also one of the world's best trail runners and is certain to make the Swedish Winter Olympics team in Ski Mountaineering in 2026.

Men's soccer should not be in period rare any elite players participate and takes so many roster spots

I think soccer on men's side should be gone or replaced with futsal it's right after euros copa America. Use those spots on other sports

I think soccer on men's side should be gone or replaced with futsal it's right after euros copa America. Use those spots on other sports

Football is one of the most popular sports there. why replace it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer The next Olympic sports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back