Banter The No Dazzlering Big Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't think you could resume once you retired.

Yeah you’re probably right.

Wonder if Ashton Turner can get back in soon. Scored 101* and 74 for the second XI and 64* off 45 in the magoos (plus took 4 wickets while bowling).

Elsewhere in the magoos, Wyllie scored 98* and Stobo scored 106 and took 3 wickets. Probably some opportunities to open up next round when a few guys are lost to international duties.

well Bancroft doing his best to blow away his chances ...he looks awful

Harris jumping ahead of the queue

fingers crossed Whiteman scores some runs today
Head to open. Perfect replacement for Warner, opens in white ball and much prefers starting against the quicks. Plays his shots which means Ussie can take his time.

Harris has surely been labeled 'never again'. Liability in the field too.

Head to open. Perfect replacement for Warner, opens in white ball and much prefers starting against the quicks. Plays his shots which means Ussie can take his time.

So which middle order bat from the Shield comes into Heads existing spot ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think our options for the middle order are more deserving. Maybe a Webster or Hardie at 7 (Carey to 6), I don't mind either. Handy with Green out and (let's be honest) Marsh shouldn't be bowling too much either.

Smith back to 4 really solidifies the middle order so I feel the change would be fine.

Ollie Davies I'd love to have around the squad at some stage but probably too early.

If they weren't so in love with All-rounders playing Inglis as a batsman could have been an option

Honestly thought they would do that with a fit greenie Carbine...head to open..but with green dog injured not now

but at this stage looks like a bat off for the opening slot ....still some time to go...but at this stage with bangers in woeful form Harris slightly ahead

But if you want to throw a curve ball in it.....and they do say they want the best six batters regardless where they bat.....inglis could be a chance.......marnus to open with usman smudge three head four Inglis 5 mitch 6....I know it sounds out there but stranger things have happened....like smudge opening...and if josh keeps making runs..... :think:

If they weren't so in love with All-rounders playing Inglis as a batsman could have been an option

I had this thought about Inglis before. He’s in ripping form.

On the game really impressed with Connolly. He’s not his fluent self but he’s read the game well & hasn’t thrown his wicket away. Important innings

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter The No Dazzlering Big Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back