Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) VIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poor Giants fans (presuming they exist somewhere). Having to deal with that fraud Cameron for years and then realising they could've had Kingsley for that entire premiership window must hurt

Watching the game tonight? I always thought he was a bit on the softer side but he had cracked in tonight, had a couple of really impressive marks filling the hole.
Nah I’m in Italy.

I’ve watched him live and the amount of times I’ve seen him squib a contest is too many

There is no way that's true.

We've played games down there virtually every year since 2001 after a good 6-7 year prior of not.
I just found the Twitter discussion and the person who did the spreadsheet didn’t pick up games played by “the Kangaroos” or “Footscray” so those two clubs’ numbers are way under.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scotts

The smartest man in the room one week

The next …

Nothing has changed

* are the biggest frauds in the AFL. Can't believe the "Bombers are the real deal" commentary last week on the back of a home win v Adelaide - a middle of the road team who forget how to play whenever they cross the road outside Adelaide Oval.

FFS, they lost their previous two games...one of them to Freo!! They've beaten a Top 8 team once in the last 12 months (Melb in R5).

I just do not get the love for them or Brad Scott. It was almost stated as fact last week that he was coach of the year so far. WTF! I don't buy into the hate that some do here - his record is too vanilla to hate...but too vanilla to warrant the constant media love-in for him as if he's Bill Belicheck, Alex Ferguson and Norm Smith all rolled into one. Yet in his long coaching career he's achieved precisely diddly squat. I do not get it.

* are the biggest frauds in the AFL. Can't believe the "Bombers are the real deal" commentary last week on the back of a home win v Adelaide - a middle of the road team who forget how to play whenever they cross the road outside Adelaide Oval.

FFS, they lost their previous two games...one of them to Freo!! They've beaten a Top 8 team once in the last 12 months (Melb in R5).

I just do not get the love for them or Brad Scott. It was almost stated as fact last week that he was coach of the year so far. WTF! I don't buy into the hate that some do here - his record is too vanilla to hate...but too vanilla to warrant the constant media love-in for him as if he's Bill Belicheck, Alex Ferguson and Norm Smith all rolled into one. Yet in his long coaching career he's achieved precisely diddly squat. I do not get it.
Boys club.

* seem to have plenty of fans in the media
It’s also his first year back in coaching, the narrative turns quickly when they aren’t going anywhere again

This

Same

“The Tiger Clubhouse’s 85 poker machines in Hoppers Crossing have generated close to $18 million in the past 18 months.

Werribee president Martin Carter described his club’s facilities as “superior to all clubs outside of the AFL”.

The Tigers will slot in another 70 poker machines when Club Tarneit opens its doors in Truganina next year.”

Last edited:

Combo of

-media connections/friends/
-non-confrontational with the press including after games
-the usual big club hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back