VFL The North VFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Using a highish pick on an extremely raw ultra long term project ruckman seems insane to me.
Blokes like Meek are always out there.

This is basically my issue. And I think it reflects some bizarre hubris.

If ANY club in footy history needed to nail - as much as possible - our second round picks, it was this North Melbourne. This lad was clearly a stab in the dark, given his age, background and type. On the back of a run of failed second round or late picks, we had to nail it. Make sure of it.

I think Maley is going to make it. First time I've seen him rucking and he did so many things well. He's never going to be a gun key forward, but he's got fast hands, natural footy IQ, and seems to be a good learner. Kouta vibes.

I can see why people are disappointed in Goads stats. He might not make it but yesterday I was thinking he has improved a lot since last time I saw him. If it was The Price is Right I'd say give him a consonant, and make it a N

Watching Bergman and Will Dawson running around in the twos feels like a big step forward in our depth. Funny thing is we've got good backline depth now, but not great midfield depth.

On Pixel 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is basically my issue. And I think it reflects some bizarre hubris.

If ANY club in footy history needed to nail - as much as possible - our second round picks, it was this North Melbourne. This lad was clearly a stab in the dark, given his age, background and type. On the back of a run of failed second round or late picks, we had to nail it. Make sure of it.
We had too many first rounders, we got complacent. We thought we were in a position to have a hail mary. So arrogant.

I think Maley is going to make it. First time I've seen him rucking and he did so many things well. He's never going to be a gun key forward, but he's got fast hands, natural footy IQ, and seems to be a good learner. Kouta vibes.

I can see why people are disappointed in Goads stats. He might not make it but yesterday I was thinking he has improved a lot since last time I saw him. If it was The Price is Right I'd say give him a consonant, and make it a N

Watching Bergman and Will Dawson running around in the twos feels like a big step forward in our depth. Funny thing is we've got good backline depth now, but not great midfield depth.

Did W Dawson play yesterday??

Finbar did a great job for his first crack at full time ruck and agree with Goad, he's improved. He did make a couple of mistakes yesterday but he wasn't alone. Bergman giving off massive EVW vibes unfortunately, not having much impact, overrated disposal and body might not be up to it.

Finbar did a great job for his first crack at full time ruck and agree with Goad, he's improved. He did make a couple of mistakes yesterday but he wasn't alone. Bergman giving off massive EVW vibes unfortunately, not having much impact, overrated disposal and body might not be up to it.
Bergman's had 3 pre seasons and has barely improved his physique in that time.

Can't see where he fits into our senior team tbh

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bergman's had 3 pre seasons and has barely improved his physique in that time.

Can't see where he fits into our senior team tbh

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm so tired of players being stagnant and not developing or improving their physical ability. They have all the facilities and access to do so

He's a bloody defender too, not a skinny wingman lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the last few rounds of the year I really want to see an improvement from Harvey and Bergman. Both of them should be pushing for senior selection, but over recent weeks they've had pretty inconsistent impact at VFL level.
Can’t get over why we have so many changes in the VFL in recent weeks plus why couldn’t we pick the ex port power ruck in Hayes need to have Maley down forward

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL The North VFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back