The off topic thread 6.0

Remove this Banner Ad

This should have always been the plan, and it should have been confirmed halfway through his term, but better late than never I suppose.

As expected, Trump and the Republican Party are handling this news with all the grace and humility of a 5 year old.

Would’ve thought the retirement of a President after 5 decades of public service would have called for a moment of decency and respect before getting back to campaigning but I guess that’s where the Republican Party / Trump Cult are at right now.

Biden hasn't retired as President.

Reckon Harris will win it. Trump will get more and more vitriolic and offensive and while that might sit well with his supporter base I'm not sure it will win over too many undecided voters.

Reckon Harris will win it. Trump will get more and more vitriolic and offensive and while that might sit well with his supporter base I'm not sure it will win over too many undecided voters.
100. Glad that Biden is out of the equation. Should’ve happened earlier.

A lot of the undecided voters just won’t vote.

Because voting in America isn’t mandatory and because of laziness.
So you think Harris being a better option than Biden won't have an impact on people bothering to vote? I think plenty of undecideds will be swayed by her.

So you think Harris being a better option than Biden won't have an impact on people bothering to vote? I think plenty of undecideds will be swayed by her.
I hope I am wrong and there is a huge turnout to vote. If people think Harris is the better candidate, get out there and vote.

A lot of the undecided voters just won’t vote.
Early days but there's a lot of enthusiasm around Harris. More will turn out to vote with her name on the ballet than would have with Biden.

Early days but there's a lot of enthusiasm around Harris. More will turn out to vote with her name on the ballet than would have with Biden.
It's whether they come out to do that in Pennsylvania and Michigan and maybe Georgia which probably decides the election ultimately. Arizona also if she decides on Kelly as her VP.

Will be my first election to vote in, will be voting early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's whether they come out to do that in Pennsylvania and Michigan and maybe Georgia which probably decides the election ultimately. Arizona also if she decides on Kelly as her VP.

Republicans passed laws a couple of years ago to make it harder for blacks to vote including making it a crime to give them food or water when waiting in line ..from NYT...

The Republican legislation will undermine pillars of voting access by limiting drop boxes for mail ballots, introducing more rigid voter identification requirements for absentee balloting and making it a crime to provide food or water to people waiting in line to vote. Long lines to vote are common in Black neighborhoods in Georgia’s cities, particularly Atlanta, where much of the state’s Democratic electorate lives.

The new law also expands the Legislature’s power over elections, which has raised worries that it could interfere with the vote in predominantly Democratic, heavily Black counties like Fulton and Gwinnett.

I kept telling you to load up ;)

These moves are pretty funny. She's not actually done anything yet, it's just moving on the 'vibe' :tearsofjoy:

I hope she becomes $1.001, she desperately needs to win.
I don't bet on that sort of thing, just pointing it out because you brought up her odds as evidence of her chances.

Voting early?
That’s cheating

I don't bet on that sort of thing, just pointing it out because you brought up her odds as evidence of her chances.
Well $2.62 is still clearly an outsider.

As I said though, this move is on nothing more than the vibes. Be far more interested in movements after a debate say.

Well $2.62 is still clearly an outsider.

As I said though, this move is on nothing more than the vibes. Be far more interested in movements after a debate say.
I'd say it's based on polls and data not just vibes. They'd be a pretty bad book maker otherwise.

I'd say it's based on polls and data not just vibes. They'd be a pretty bad book maker otherwise.
It's based on punters putting money on. The book makers don't move it because of any actions the candidates are making, the markets only move due to the money being held on a given market.

It's based on punters putting money on. The book makers don't move it because of any actions the candidates are making, the markets only move due to the money being held on a given market.
So it's an indication of how many people think she'll win?

You were the one to bring up odds in the first place, now you're suggesting they offer no insight?

And Harris a lot of fails on the mic that make her seem like a dolt.

They will drag up her history of workplace bullying as well at some stage probably.

And then there's the Brown years.

The gloves will eventually come off from both sides.

So it's an indication of how many people think she'll win?

You were the one to bring up odds in the first place, now you're suggesting they offer no insight?
Do you not know how the betting markets work?

They offer an insight into where people who are betting their money think the result will end up. With Harris' value coming in, it's indicative of more punters placing money on her to win. Why people are betting on her and her odds coming in are only indirectly linked.

And often those markets are moved by as little as $20.
Not on a market of this size. If you put $20 on a horse paying $100 then yes, it'll absolutely move the market.

On Betfair alone, $72.2 million has been matched since the markets were opened. That's just on the Exchange, that's not counting corporate bookies. $20 in a market of this size is a drop in the ocean.

Remove this Banner Ad

The off topic thread 6.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back