The off topic thread 6.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Barely sorted it? Have you been to the Seine? They've gone from it smelling like a festering dump to being able to swim in it. That's an incredible achievement and it's not fully done yet.

Who cares about water hey? It's only what we need to drink and feed plants. Lets just throw our shit into it and be done. Meanwhile let's spend public finances on vanity projects like stadiums.
Being able to swim in it? Multiple athletes ended up in hospital. Would you have swam in it? How do you feel about catching E Coli?

I agree, wasting money on stadiums is stupid. And if they continue to try and improve the Seine after the Olympics - great! We all know that once the world stops watching, they'll ignore it again. It's nothing but a 1.5 billion vanity project.

They built a new aquatics centre for the diving/water polo and a new indoor arena. The rest were renovated, temporary or existing. Stade De France would have held the opening ceremony like normal but that was being used for the Rugby 7's and then the athletics.

They're trying to go with Cities that have the facilities available now rather than going to a place like Rio which had F-all.
As they should. It might seem elitist but it far beats the alternatives. The Athens Olympics still remains one of the most poorly thought out ideas in recent memory.

Bradesmaen I will wait and see what they do with it post Olympics/Paralympics.

If they continue with it, I'll happily concede I was wrong and that it will have been worthwhile.

I just don't think that's what will happen once the world stops watching.

Where was this forum when I was in high school and I needed to cheat on my chemistry homework ffs?

Let me put it in Kamala-speak so Brades and kindergarten kids can understand.

Water is a liquid. Water is made of H₂O. Water is everywhere. It's in our past, in our present, and in our future. If it's clean you can drink it and swim in it. If it's dirty, ain't nobody gonna be touching that thang, you dig honky?

Nitrogen is a gas in the air. Nitrogen is made of N. Nitrogen is everywhere. You can breathe it. But you can't swim in it or drink it. That mofo gonna make you real sick, fool.

Water is a liquid. Water is made of H₂O. Water is everywhere. It's in our past, in our present, and in our future. If it's clean you can drink it and swim in it. If it's dirty, ain't nobody gonna be touching that thang, you dig honky?

Nitrogen is a gas in the air. Nitrogen is made of N. Nitrogen is everywhere. You can breathe it. But you can't swim in it or drink it. That mofo gonna make you real sick, fool.
Why is this Kamala speak?

Wtf?

Why is this Kamala speak?
Because he's a racist misogynist? It's why I have him on ignore. Surprised he tried to reply with science considering he thinks in general that it's woke. I'm not dignifying his mental gymnastics with a response because a) I know Chemistry, b) was being facetious and c) don't want to waste my time because he'll always respond back that fixing anything environmental is worthless because it wastes dollars that could be better spent on tax cuts for the rich.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because that's the kind of word salad stupid statements she's made in the past.

Shows you and many others don't pay attention until something triggers.

Did you miss the derogatory, racist slang comments he included in the post or..?

As I said a week ago, it doesn't take much for the mask to slip with your sort.

Did you miss the derogatory, racist slang comments he included in the post or..?

As I said a week ago, it doesn't take much for the mask to slip with your sort.

John Stewart's show took the piss out of these word salads by comparing it to Veep.

Don't pretend Harris doesn't sound like a complete airhead with that nonsense.

John Stewart's show took the piss out of these word salads by comparing it to Veep.

Don't pretend Harris doesn't sound like a complete airhead with that nonsense.

Again you're completely missing the element of FB's post that both Loonerty and I took issue with. Want me to put it in bold to help you?

Again you're completely missing the element of FB's post that both Loonerty and I took issue with. Want me to put it in bold to help you?

Looks like the some lame arse bad attempt at Dave Chappelle style humour. You probably don't watch him.

Out of interest, to you decry "sexist" when people make jokes about Trumps dick size?

Just trying to ascertain the level of hypocrisy and double standards.

It's just you living a sheltered life.

Ha ..must be..assume a more American used term

Looks like the some lame arse bad attempt at Dave Chappelle style humour. You probably don't watch him.

Out of interest, to you decry "sexist" when people make jokes about Trumps dick size?

Just trying to ascertain the level of hypocrisy and double standards.

No I just decry racist when someone uses deliberate language to mock and undermine a race of people. Next you'll be justifying the use of a certain N word because 'hey black people get away with it'.

Why would mocking someone's physical appearance be sexist? What a strange parallel to draw.

Remove this Banner Ad

The off topic thread 6.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back