The Official 2010 Draft Watch Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.kangaroos.com.au/latestnews/newsarticle/tabid/4912/newsid/105316/default.aspx

What are we hoping to get out of tonight’s draft?

I think it’s very important to firstly say that we are very confident and satisfied with the current balance of our list. We addressed a midfield deficiency last year and we are absolutely delighted with Ben Cunnington and Ryan Bastinac. In fact, we expect all of our draftees from last year to play significant amounts of footy in 2011.

So with that in mind; in this year’s draft Bryce Lewis and our recruiters will be taking the best available player with our picks regardless of the type of player they are.

Interestingly Bon is saying that all the real speed will be gone by our pick.
Sounds like top 25 is where it's still half decent, and we hope to have two blokes who we rank in our top 25.

With GC having half the picks before our 17 and they will to some extent pick for need over best available, there might be some who are rated higher that could slide. Even if it is only 2 or 3 players it could cause a chain reaction to see someone end up at 17 who we would have expected to be gone.

Similar to what happened last year because a couple of clubs had a big chunk of the picks and took a few that were outside of what was believed to be best available.

Yep. If Quayle's mock draft is anything to go by we should get a couple of pleasant surprises at our first two picks.

It's very even and by the sounds of it we're likely to get players that we ranked much higher.

If we take Lycett as is touted by randoms on the D&T board, I will flip shit.
and I will then re-flip that shit to make it a double flipped shit.

Draft day has usually been something like Christmas as a kid looking at the presents at the bottom of the tree. It is a bit surreal for me atm because I don't really have the sense of excitement, more just a willingness for it to be over and see who we get to work with.

I think it is largely due to being really happy with our list atm, if none of our guns get injured then our team next year will be very strong as it is.

I think it is a really good feeling knowing that anything that comes from this draft will just make a great list stronger. Exciting times ahead.

Now reading that Port are unlikely to take Lycett and might aim for a midfielder.

If Adelaide doesn't take bSmith or Atley at 14 and Geelong take Smedts at 15, it appears to me that we will have a choice of whoever Port doesn't pick of bSmith & Atley or iSmith.

Now reading that Port are unlikely to take Lycett and might aim for a midfielder.

If Adelaide doesn't take bSmith or Atley at 14 and Geelong take Smedts at 15, it appears to me that we will have a choice of whoever Port doesn't pick of bSmith & Atley or iSmith.
That would be too good to be true I reckon.

Brodie Smith's highlight reel for the final (against Glenelg?) was super impressive I thought. He'd be my first choice, if available, based on my expert 'You pr0n' observations. ;)

Brodie Smith's highlight reel for the final (against Glenelg?) was super impressive I thought. He'd be my first choice, if available, based on my expert 'You pr0n' observations. ;)

Yeah, Polec & Smith both played in the final against Glenelg. I have liked the look of Smith since the start of draft talks. Just appears a gun.

A week or so ago it appered fanciful to hope Brodie Smith or Atley would slip, now it seems that one of them landing a NMFC is a real possibility.

With my extremely limited knowledge of these kids, B Smith would be my ideal pick at 17. Reading reports and seeing highlights he just sems to be a certanty to be at least a good AFL player. No apparent weaknesses, nice size, uses it well.

I would have him slightly ahead of Atley, who's kicking appears to have the absolute slightest knock on. But Emm reckons there's no problem, so either player would be great.

Lucas Cook appeals to me if he was there at 27.

No matter who we get though, I'll b excited that Bryce and the boys have picked us another couple of gems:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Draft day has usually been something like Christmas as a kid looking at the presents at the bottom of the tree. It is a bit surreal for me atm because I don't really have the sense of excitement, more just a willingness for it to be over and see who we get to work with.

I think it is largely due to being really happy with our list atm, if none of our guns get injured then our team next year will be very strong as it is.

I think it is a really good feeling knowing that anything that comes from this draft will just make a great list stronger. Exciting times ahead.
I feel the same. With the depth of young talent its going to be rough getting everyone a game as it is.

Yeah, Polec & Smith both played in the final against Glenelg. I have liked the look of Smith since the start of draft talks. Just appears a gun.
I've thought so too, but isn't it interesting the way our discussion centres on who we think is a possibility? Now that there is talk that he may slip to us, we're there baby! :)

I've thought so too, but isn't it interesting the way our discussion centres on who we think is a possibility? Now that there is talk that he may slip to us, we're there baby! :)
tbh Kimbo, I was surprised that he supposedly was going to last till Adelaide's pick. I've been on this bloke since July but no way known would I have thought he would be a possibility to get to us at 17. Not a chance in hell, hence I haven't mentioned him in weeks, other than asking NC's opinion on the chances of him sliding. Personally I would have him gone in the top 12 easy. Now that EQ reckons it might be a possibility that we could nab him I have to say I am stoked and if it happens then a nudie run down Swanston St. is a distinct possibility.

It's funny, for someone who is clearly extremely talented, I cannot recall there being much media surrounding him at all. He seems to have flown under the radar, which is maybe why we're being discussed as potential suitors for him.

Seriously, no media articles (at least not in Victoria), no TV spots, no nothing. No double page spreads in the Hun or the Age, that's for sure.

Sounds like a match made in heaven, to be honest.

tbh Kimbo, I was surprised that he supposedly was going to last till Adelaide's pick. I've been on this bloke since July but no way known would I have thought he would be a possibility to get to us at 17. Not a chance in hell, hence I haven't mentioned him in weeks, other than asking NC's opinion on the chances of him sliding. Personally I would have him gone in the top 12 easy. Now that EQ reckons it might be a possibility that we could nab him I have to say I am stoked and if it happens then a nudie run down Swanston St. is a distinct possibility.
Yeah, a bit like Josh Caddy for me. Got excited, then heard "no chance" and reluctantly put them out of my mind. I'd still be doubtful, but hey, hope springs eternal.

Flawed Genius said:
It's funny, for someone who is clearly extremely talented, I cannot recall there being much media surrounding him at all. He seems to have flown under the radar, which is maybe why we're being discussed as potential suitors for him.

Seriously, no media articles (at least not in Victoria), no TV spots, no nothing. No double page spreads in the Hun or the Age, that's for sure.

Sounds like a match made in heaven, to be honest.
Probably low profile because a) he's from Adelaide and b) everyone has assumed he'll go to Adelaide, end of story?!

Re: Our Pick 17

Atley won't last to 17, no way.
Happy to be proven wrong? ;)

Flawed Genius said:
If Atley slides, I want him.

I see you were...

Flawed Genius said:
I am literally jizzing. I am so happy that we got Atley, my favourite player out of the draft.

I mean, I see you are...

Pykie said:
I see Atley as the main chance to slide outside of the top 10.
Da man!

Remove this Banner Ad

The Official 2010 Draft Watch Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back