Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the only way we convince Tiges to swap 6 & 10/11 for our pick 2 is if we throw in our future 1st. Personally I see this as a very good gamble with the knowledge that this year’s draft is far and wide reported to be so strong.

We’ll find a way to trade back into 1st round next year but make that tomorrow’s problem.

I think the only way we convince Tiges to swap 6 & 10/11 for our pick 2 is if we throw in our future 1st. Personally I see this as a very good gamble with the knowledge that this year’s draft is far and wide reported to be so strong.

We’ll find a way to trade back into 1st round next year but make that tomorrow’s problem.

I’m all for using f1

But **** me

Let’s downgrade from 2 to 6 as well as trading future pick 3 for 10.

Yikes

2023 Draft #3 Jed Walter
2022 Draft #1 Cadman
2021 Draft # 2 Sam Darcy
2020 Draft #1 JUH

See the pattern? You classify those as disasters Nutjob?

Clubs didn’t reach for Walter, Darcy or JUH. The jury is out on Cadman. He has hardly set the world on fire. Who would you rather Cadman or Sheezel?

This draft is stacked at the top end with mids. It would be a massive reach and risk to use pick 2 on a tall. Richmond won’t do it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Clubs didn’t reach for Walter, Darcy or JUH. The jury is out on Cadman. He has hardly set the world on fire. Who would you rather Cadman or Sheezel?

This draft is stacked at the top end with mids. It would be a massive reach and risk to use pick 2 on a tall. Richmond won’t do it.

Clubs didn't reach for Walter, Darcy, or JUH because they didn't have to pay full whack with a top 3 pick. Also, they were not bottom of the ladder teams having to make precious use of a top end pick to rebuild a weak list. It's really not reaching when you are a team in contention that gets to use a bunch of third round picks (with 20% discount) to match a top 3 bid.

I’d only do that if we had another late first come back

I guess there ain’t many sales ppl on here - giving away 2 prime picks for 6+10.
Shocked Wait What GIF by Bounce

Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m all for using f1

But **** me

Let’s downgrade from 2 to 6 as well as trading future pick 3 for 10.

Yikes
Absolutely no problem with this. At some stage we have to start trusting in the youth we already have. My pick swap hypothetical would not be so simplistic as to not to include some other late picks coming back however 6 & 10 won’t be coming our way IMO unless we take this kind of risk.

If Brady can convince the Tiges or one of the other clubs in that range (Dees or Saints) to take that deal without our future 1st then all power to him and he’s a genius. You and I both know however that that’s highly unlikely to happen in the real world.

You're confirming my point........clubs DO reach for whoever is considered the #1 key forward in any draft. Rarely if ever do they end up being the best player in the draft, BUT they don't grow on trees, and if you want the best key forward you typically have to pay up.

Screw the tigers. 6 and 10 straight swap for 2 is the only deal I would take if I’m Rawlings.

Jagga, Wardlaw, LDU, Sheezel, Xerri. That midfield is absolute fire.
**** oath. Give the campaigners the bird. 11 will be fine too. But yes, tell em to get ****ed Brady. Our way or the ****ing highway.

Absolutely no problem with this. At some stage we have to start trusting in the youth we already have. My pick swap hypothetical would not be so simplistic as to not to include some other late picks coming back however 6 & 10 won’t be coming our way IMO unless we take this kind of risk.

If Brady can convince the Tiges or one of the other clubs in that range (Dees or Saints) to take that deal without our future 1st then all power to him and he’s a genius. You and I both know however that that’s highly unlikely to happen in the real world.

I’d go F1 for GWS 15 and 16, maybe a little extra

tbh I'm still not convinced our midfield is "complete" and it would need to be a very good deal to convince me to give up Draper. He is going to be a heck of a player for 10+ years.
If we keep 2, Draper, Smith and FOS (in that order) are my favourites.

If we keep 2, I would be mightily disappointed if we didn’t get another couple of picks somehow in the top 25.

Not sure if anyone's posted this already, but Kayle comes across as a grounded guy. Also, 11 clubs spoke to him at the combine, incl. Hawthorn and Collingwood.
Barracked for Hawks as a kid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back