The Official AFL 2009 Draw Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

by the way some club pages (AFL website run) are still calling the dump "telstra"

i wonder how many months it will take before it's changed to etihad....given bigpond run the websites

also hawthorn only 3 games at the dump is a massive win - good to see we're playing essendon there again???? i mean hell if they continue to flog this 'one-way rivalry' rubbish and continue to treat us with disrespect (ie, essendon plays big teams and blockbuster home games at the MCG) then i can't see our winning streak against them ending.

Biggest one way rivalry has to be the Roos against the Hawks. Why that club lifts against us is a mystery. Their fans should ask why they don't lift for the other sides. Agree with you Essendon raising some 25 years since 84' is a non sense. Has anyone found out who flattened Watson in the 83 GF. Doesn't seem to be any footage.

I'm ****ing not.

A home game at the DOME against St Kilda (on a monday night :rolleyes:) and the Western Bulldogs. Correct me if i'm wrong, but thats not our home ground and it is theirs. Why are we playing home games against them at the dome? Shouldn't we be playing against interstaters at the dome, not dome tenants?

stop whinging you collingwoof #uck stain.

by the way some club pages (AFL website run) are still calling the dump "telstra"

i wonder how many months it will take before it's changed to etihad....given bigpond run the websites

Sponsorship doesn't start until 1 March 2009. Until then, it's still the Telstra Dome.

Biggest one way rivalry has to be the Roos against the Hawks. Why that club lifts against us is a mystery. Their fans should ask why they don't lift for the other sides. Agree with you Essendon raising some 25 years since 84' is a non sense. Has anyone found out who flattened Watson in the 83 GF. Doesn't seem to be any footage.

Fairly sure that it was Colin Robertson who flattened Watson in the 83 grand final.

people like you are the morons that keep on drilling this bullshit until people believe it.
You will find half of the Victorian sides last season played 4 interstates matches and a few of the others sold their home matches to play interstate for money.
This season is no different except a few of the teams that played 4 interstate matches now play 5 or 6 away due to requesting to play away eg. playing a match at the GC for money.
Yes we play 4 interstate matches again, the difference this year is less games at the MCG and more at the Dome. The reason this happens is due to the revised MCC agreement where the AFL have to meet a certain number of attendances to make up for having a prelim every week at the MCG. Collingwood draw the biggest crowds hence the AFL use them to make up the numbers. When other sides start drawing big crowds then this will change and Collingwood will travel 5 or 6 times.
Its not rocket science but people like you that dont research this information but just jump on board the "Collingwood wouldnt know where the airport is" tossers.

why are people so pre-occupied with this collingwood don't travel enough crap? who really cares? when they do travel they generally win, especially the games that count. in 08 it was a finals win in adel which was a rout by the end, and earlier on it was the usual dismantling of the swans at anz stadium followed by a destruction of port at aami. early in the year the umpires robbed them late in bris, and the only poor effort was rnd 22 in perth v freo when the youngsters were obviously feeling the pinch. in 07 from memory the interstate wins were of course syd in syd, bris in bris, adel in adel, wce in a final in perth

i stand to be corrected but over the last 2 years their record interstate is by my reckoning 7 wins from 10, incl 2 from 2 in finals. so why exactly do so many want to see them go interstate more? if they did play an extra 2 interstate, instead of say return encounters with ess and carl every year which they generally drop, then they may well win the extra game needed to get to the top 4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to the AFL, the 'themed round' (Rivalry Round) will be in Round 17

Round 17 (Themed Round - similar to Rivalry Round)

Friday Night
Carlton V Collingwood MCG

Saturday
Geelong V Hawthorn MCG
Fremantle V West Coast SUBIACO
Brisbane V North Melbourne GABBA
St Kilda V W Bulldogs TD

Sunday
Melbourne V Sydney Manuka
Essendon V Richmond MCG
Adelaide V Port Adelaide AAMI

A few changes from last year (NM V Haw, Geel V Melb, BL V Syd)

What is this, the Fitzroy Ashes?

We shouldn't play at the Dome at all , especially any home games. I can only assume those 2 home games we seem to play there each year must bring in a fortune for us.
Happy with it , apart from the Dome games.

Is Collingwoods 14 MCG games to St.Kilda's 1 satisfactory?

Among the stupid comments in this thread, this would have to be the worst.

Collingwood's home ground = MCG
St.Kilda's home ground = Telstra Dome

Pretty simple when you think about it, hey?

Not much of a change for Collingwood, we tend to have roughly the same draw every year. A few cockups are the Geel playing in Perth twice, and North with 7 home games in a row.

why are people so pre-occupied with this collingwood don't travel enough crap? who really cares? when they do travel they generally win...

Now, I haven't been blasting on about this because the whole fixture is a joke IMO. However, has it occurred to you that playing 4 interstate games a year might just make it easier to get up and win those interstate games? Do you actually hear the non victorian teams talk about the travel load on them or does it just float through your brain. It's HARD to travel every second week. Four games a year interstate isn't exactly a tough run. Plus, you play Sydney up there every year at ANZ and they're your bunnies.

Not much of a change for Collingwood, we tend to have roughly the same draw every year. A few cockups are the Geel playing in Perth twice, and North with 7 home games in a row.
As for the stupidest comment coming from a magpie every year. It is no change.
You came in half way through a conversation, making you the title holder for stupid comments. Again a magpie. 18 Victorian games for 2009. Stupid, but true. :rolleyes:

Plus St Kilda has 15 games at their true home ground - TD or ES (whatever you want to call it) more than any team in the comp.

I'm not sure what my point was but yeah. I like our draw.

Not too shabby.

I'm ****ing not.

A home game at the DOME against St Kilda (on a monday night :rolleyes:) and the Western Bulldogs. Correct me if i'm wrong, but thats not our home ground and it is theirs. Why are we playing home games against them at the dome? Shouldn't we be playing against interstaters at the dome, not dome tenants?

Welcome to Richmond's world, we put up with that every year.

Collingwood don't look so gifted next year, as compared to previous years. Suck it up, you actually have a fair draw compared to other teams. :thumbsu:

As for the stupidest comment coming from a magpie every year. It is no change.
You came in half way through a conversation, making you the title holder for stupid comments. Again a magpie. 18 Victorian games for 2009. Stupid, but true. :rolleyes:

Ok, I think you need to pay more attention in your English class.

You are 12 aren't you?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Official AFL 2009 Draw Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back