Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 16, 2005
True centre half forward
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Hibees
Fellow devotees of the only truly Australian game, of late, the announcement by the AFL that Kevin Sheedy is to coach the Greater Western Sydney side has caused renewed clashes in the internecine war between our code and the mongols that watch that league shit.

It has come to my attention that on a poorly populated clunky little site called LeagueUnlimited our game has been coming under attack!

Normally, I would be of the opinion that Kevin Sheedy is a vastly overrated Essendon flog, but when some rugby type says it, no, no I won't stand for that.

Sheeds is a great man and an innovator and the good people of Western Sydney should be thrilled that he even deigns to breath their vile air.

Anyway, the rugby types have complained that when they come to BF to defend their 'sport', they get rough treatment from the mods.

So I say let them bring it to the Bay! We are not afraid of some choice words or the odd stoush.

Come on rugby types, defend your shit here.

• Banned
I'll kick off (blow the hooter ref!)

Rugby League is a monumentally boring game played by brain dead meatheads who look like they have escaped from either Long Bay, Guantanamo Bay, or the Christmas Island detention facility.

These players are desperately sexually confused. Their game is basically one huge bout of homosexual foreplay, but then they are noted assaulters of women.

It is no coincidence that one of rugby league's greats is Johnny Raper.

Its crowds are shit and although it gets ratings, this is only because in those giant shit pubs you get in Sydney and QLD, the slavering morons that make up so much of the population demand flashing lights and shouting to distract thjem from how ugly the members of the opposite sex are.

I hope the AFL kills rugby league. Not just the NRL, but rugby league as a sport in Australia.

I for one will happily go and piss on its grave.

i tried to watch the storm grandfinal (since i live in melbourne and i should therefore go for the storm) but i just couldnt watch longer than the 15-20 minute mark, it was just so dam boring as hell! most the time they cant even get a sell out for their grand finals.... that would never happen in a million years with the AFL..

• Banned
Yep, I would rather watch the 2000 Qualifying Final a billion times in a row than even 10 minutes of Stupidball.

Interestingly, here in the UK its also a minority sport played by thickos who everyone else laughs at.

Looks like the rugby league boofheads aren't turning up, seems to be a running trend with them, given their dismal attendances.

As you say, the guys over on league unlimited are so conflicted as to their sexual orientation, they resort to calling Aussie Rules GayFL, while apparently being entirely turned on by a game in which big men grope each other's arses for 80 or so minutes.

The fact that they were handing out free tickets earlier this year to certain games and barely manage to sell tickets to their grand final speaks volumes about the passion of these so called fans, although I suppose if you wanted to have a wank over a group of big blokes in suss positions, you'd prefer to do it in the comfort of your own home.

I feel a bit dirty, this sort of thing is akin to picking on the disabled kid in class.

Jesus ****ing christ, Posts: 40,689.

I just wish to add that there are few more pathetic sights in Sydney than a gaggle of no-neck homophobes lurching down the street as they grapple with the idea of remembering each other's names, whilst at the same time trying to forget the sight of each other's ***** whilst in the shower after their game of rugby league.

"Urrggh" one grunts, lifting a neanderthal finger toward the horizon, "woman..." They lift their heads and follow her toward her port of call. If I was her, I would be afraid...

They made me move it to The Fight Club, which appears to be their dedicated anti-footy forum.

Be fair though, most jails and institutions have a lights out or back in cells policy by 9PM which means most league fans won't have access to computers now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The funny thing is the wall only gives way because bricks are smarter than rugby players and get bored more quickly.

There is little action on their board.

I suspect LeagueUnlimited may be a 'TV forum' just like their game is a 'TV game'.

Flogs.

AFL matches, scout halls, hospitals, supermarkets and cinemas are among venues across Melbourne listed on a gay website as hook-up points for sordid sexual encounters.

The Australian Family Association has called on police to stringently monitor the website, which promotes itself as a "neighbourhood cruising guide" and features more than 15,000 public locations in Australia where gay and bisexual men meet regularly for sex.

The Canadian-based website has been known to police for some time, but recent posts about hardcore sex acts in family-orientated venues have prompted fresh calls for it to be banned.

Men have posted messages about sexual liaisons in toilets during AFL football matches at the MCG and Telstra Dome.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/sordid-sex-on-website/story-e6frf7kx-1111113457690

delusion-1.jpg

MORE than 500 people wielding axes and spears turned on each other during an Australian Rules football game at a remote Northern Territory community.
The brawl broke out about 5pm (CST) yesterday at the Angurugu sports oval on Groote Eylandt, about 600 km east of Darwin.

Police claim the fight erupted on the field when an opposing player threw the football at another player who had been awarded a free kick.

"Another player then became involved and the situation deteriorated into a large scale disturbance and the football match was called off," a Northern Territory police spokeswoman said.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,26324131-29277,00.html
AFL star player Dane Swan joined in a "vicious, thuggish, savage and brutal" assault on a cleaner at Federation Square, a jury has been told.

Michael Heaton QC said Swan, a Collingwood football player, along with Kade Carey, who is the nephew of Wayne Carey, and former Williamstown player Aaron Ramsay, punched and kicked Michael Celano during the attack.

As a result of the assault Mr Heaton said Mr Celano, 45, was left with fractures to his eye socket, cheekbone and the bridge of his nose, he coughed up blood and lost consciousness, the Herald Sun reports.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,26005909-2,00.html

Funny you should bring up the international element.

I'm in the UK at the moment and the four nations or whatever it is is on.

Nobody cares. Just as nobody cares about rugby league in England outside of a few awful northern shitholes like Wigan.

I piss myself when RL types go on about an international game.

The sad fact is the only places in the world that really care about that abortion of a game are NSW and QLD.

Really, everyone else in the world thinks its shit. Knows it is shit.

At least with Aussie Rules they are genuinely interested as they have usually not seen heaps before.

A good example is when Brit and Irish and Canadian types do the year in Oz thing.

They always come back with a North or an Essendon or a West Coast jumper.

You never hear any going on about how they discovered this amazing game called rugby league and how they love the Rabbitohs or the Doritos or whatever the flog teams are called.

Doesn't happen.

Rugby Laegue popular internationally? Nah.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Official Aussie Rules vs Rugby League Mega Trollfest Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back