Toast The Official Bailey Banfield Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The under 9s are talking about Bailey Banfield at training

I feel like poor Johnno has now become the whipping boy - I wish supporters would let these guys develop
Biggest whipping boy is O'Meara by far, he's had a reprieve but wait until he has another down game, Hughes would be in the running if he was still in the team as well.

Am I correct in thinking that in Bayley’s first season he was used by Ross as a run with midfielder.
Anyway I seem to remember him acquitting well himself in that role.
Since then, although the coaches seem to like him, he’ s struggled to hold down a position in the team on a regular basis.
Now things seem to have turned around. I no longer shudder when the name Banfield appears in the final 23.
No longer anchored to a single small patch of grass on the field Bayley is likely to pop up anywhere and everywhere onThe ground.Has been a major contributor in several winning performances this season already.
Great work by Bayley and great thinking by the coaches in maximising his physical and mental attributes to the benefit of the team.

the stats show how amazing he has been

Bailey Banfield​

Bailey Banfield’s first half of 2024 has seen the 26-year-old play a number of roles across the ground, highlighting his ability to play a ‘Mr Fix It’ role for the Club. Banners has already achieved a higher number of marks, goals, tackles, and disposals from the first 12 games this year than he did for the entire 2023 season.

Key stats – Club ranking

#1 for knock-ons (8)
#3 for tackles post-clearance (25)
#3 for goals (14)
# 2 for crumbs (16)
#3 for scoring shots (22)

the stats show how amazing he has been

Bailey Banfield​

Bailey Banfield’s first half of 2024 has seen the 26-year-old play a number of roles across the ground, highlighting his ability to play a ‘Mr Fix It’ role for the Club. Banners has already achieved a higher number of marks, goals, tackles, and disposals from the first 12 games this year than he did for the entire 2023 season.

Key stats – Club ranking

#1 for knock-ons (8)
#3 for tackles post-clearance (25)
#3 for goals (14)
# 2 for crumbs (16)
#3 for scoring shots (22)
Where the stats from..I do notice he has deft knock ons to advantage

Imagine he converted more of those scoring shots..some were gettable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he can't go to Carlton :(

I guess this is what happens when you feel like you are the 'whipping boy" of a club
Are you hearing this from somewhere...?! I can't imagine we'll go down that route again after the Blacres situation. I think Walls admitted that was a blunder, I read somewhere (?). Slap a 2 year deal on the table for a trigger for a third, he's been one of the better surprise packets this season to date. Thought he was bit meh against Melbourne, but his best has been good enough and he's been a valuable team player - strong ethic, workrate and made some clutch moments count. He'd be a bit of a teacher's pet you'd think, I reckon J-Lo would want someone of his character/ilk driving the standards around......he's bought in. Be astounded if he leaves unless he gets a Griff-style Godfather offer from somewhere. And as for Carlton, someone needs to investigate their books....bunch of criminals with who they're linked with each year and how much their list would already cost! Crazy bullsh*t

I see it being plastered all over the List Management thread now. At this stage it's just typical mid-season rumouring, much like us with Chad and Baker etc.

I doubt he leaves, but if he does - good luck to him. It would be folly to pass up a better financial offer, we could be making room for Chad and Bakes I guess, but right now it's all bullcrappa as far as I'm concerned

Are you hearing this from somewhere...?! I can't imagine we'll go down that route again after the Blacres situation. I think Walls admitted that was a blunder, I read somewhere (?). Slap a 2 year deal on the table for a trigger for a third, he's been one of the better surprise packets this season to date. Thought he was bit meh against Melbourne, but his best has been good enough and he's been a valuable team player - strong ethic, workrate and made some clutch moments count. He'd be a bit of a teacher's pet you'd think, I reckon J-Lo would want someone of his character/ilk driving the standards around......he's bought in. Be astounded if he leaves unless he gets a Griff-style Godfather offer from somewhere. And as for Carlton, someone needs to investigate their books....bunch of criminals with who they're linked with each year and how much their list would already cost! Crazy bullsh*t
Acres and Henry (even Schultz) played out of their skins just prior to wanting to leave. I sincerely hope that's not why Bailey has had such a surge in confidence etc,

Nah. Its
Acres and Henry (even Schultz) played out of their skins just prior to wanting to leave. I sincerely hope that's not why Bailey has had such a surge in confidence etc,
Nah. It's an accumulative effect. More game opportunities and not having to worry about making an impact coming on as sub or if has a bad game first one dropped.

Think also more opportunities to play different role like wing and up the ground instead of stuck in forward line or playing third tall.

This confidence then allows to better performance. Banners is a confidence player within the game. So if he is kicking goals early it comes in bunches. If having bad day you see some cat 10 errors creep in, where trying too hard can be detrimental

I wasn't happy with Schultz leaving, but success on the pitch will make you forget ex-players in a hurry, especially ones that are the most recent in leaving. Acres had a really good 2022 and was stiffed, most likely why Bell was shuffled out the pack and why things have been better in the footy department area. Think it's a bit of a stretch to say Henry played out of his skin. He was above average at best with the odd very decent performance, and St. Kilda's current demise is a gift considering where that 2nd rounder will likely end up. Based on current output I'd rate Henry no higher than about 35-40.

If Bailey left, it'd be crap - but he is replaceable. I'd be more concerned if it was Brayshaw or Serong etc.

I wasn't happy with Schultz leaving, but success on the pitch will make you forget ex-players in a hurry, especially ones that are the most recent in leaving. Acres had a really good 2022 and was stiffed, most likely why Bell was shuffled out the pack and why things have been better in the footy department area. Think it's a bit of a stretch to say Henry played out of his skin. He was above average at best with the odd very decent performance, and St. Kilda's current demise is a gift considering where that 2nd rounder will likely end up. Based on current output I'd rate Henry no higher than about 35-40.

If Bailey left, it'd be crap - but he is replaceable. I'd be more concerned if it was Brayshaw or Serong etc.
When it’s one of your all time favourite players, you don’t “easily forget”

Good read. You don't get that insight into how stressful it is to not knowing you will be selected and if you do, needing to make impact as sub or if not performing the first one dropped. On top of that you had majority of BFooters saying you should be delisted or getting gifted games.

The impact he came on as sub and kicked goals were under rated

Banners saying the club haven't put a contract to him as yet is worrisome. Hope they not holding out

Last edited:
Good read. You don't get that insight into how stressful it is to not knowing you will be selected and if you do, needing to make impact as sub or if not performing the first one dropped. On top of that you had majority of BFooters saying you should be delisted or getting gifted games.

The impact he came on as sub and kicked goals were under rated

Banners saying the club haven't put a contract to him as yet is worrisome. Hope they not holding out
I wonder if they are waiting to see how serious the Chad Warner trade chatter ends up becoming, to see what $$ they can offer.

I will be gutted if they don't offer him something that he deserves.

Ironically after looking at the listed interchange bench on Saturday I think it's likely he could be sub...

Can the club stop disrespecting our b22 'role players' when it comes to contracts. Sort that shyte out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast The Official Bailey Banfield Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back