The Official John Meesen Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Meesen- “Desire Questioned"

I've got some very intelligent with myspace pages that are both incredibly offensive and have pictures of them doing stupid things. EVERY teenager mucks about with friends, now it's just easier for the world to see it.

Should rest more.

I equated his myspace page to a comment about his intelligence, not whether he should have one nor what he should have on it. It didnt lend itself to a 'smart kid'' tag

So ok, smart 16yr old kids don't act like arseclowns on Myspace?
what else don't they do:
smart 16 year old kids don't break into the drinks cabinet, and get trolleyed?
smart 16 yr old kids don't think they know everything, and act like knobs in public?
smart 16 yr old kids, don't go to parties and try and hit on girls when they should be studying?

he was 16 years old, if that myspace page is the worst of his indiscretions his parents should get a medal!!!

this has no bearing on whether he is, or is not, a smart kid

there was nothing special about his myspace. Maybe you people are just witnessing a generation gap. Im 19 and there was nothing out of the ordinary from my point of view. Just how jocks act

Didnt see, don't care as long it didnt denegrate or hurt anyone.

However just because you are a certain age, doesn't mean it is a licence to do anything you like.

And yes I did do some stupid things when I was young (those I can remember) but didn't hurt anyone, just myself.

How long have we been saying " jocks " and " goofing off " ?

Maybe we need to look at our Deeefence and our Offence as well.

Ok, I think I'll have a bex and a lie down now.

How long have we been saying " jocks " and " goofing off " ?

Maybe we need to look at our Deeefence and our Offence as well.

Ok, I think I'll have a bex and a lie down now.

As long as to take it with Coke. ;)

Oh I forgot, they had to take that secret ingrediant out.

Assuming that he was part of the video scandal I think he should be asking why the ******** am I such a ****************?

Thats what Rhyce Prismall will be asking next year - when every club overlooks him in the draft for "moral reasons".
I was going to ask who the hell is that

Assuming that he was part of the video scandal I think he should be asking why the ******** am I such a ****************?

but is it the guy from ^^ movie ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Meesan

Unless he starts tearing it up, he'll be one of the first to be laid off at the end of the year I would think. A trade to Geelong on the cards maybe?

what would they want with him ??

if he was to leave our only option would be vic teams with a lack of talls ?

When he returns he'll be behind Griffin, Maric and Hudson in the pecking order, and only ahead of Biglands because Rhett will still be on the injured list. Unless he returns and shows form FAR better than anything he's done so far at SANFL level then, barring injuries or massive form drops to two of Hudson, Maric and Griffin, he won't play an AFL game this year. His injury earlier this year came at a terrible time for him. He was pretty well certain to play at least a few AFL games at that stage.
Overall he's been the least impressive thus far of our 3 young rucks, which is a shame given the high draft pick we used on him.
As far as his injury goes - he should be back playing SANFL in 3 to 4 weeks.

what would they want with him ??

if he was to leave our only option would be vic teams with a lack of talls ?
Geelong aren't exactly blessed with ruckmen. King is virtually finished, and Ottens is a shadow of the player he was for that one outstanding year. If Meesen can get his knee right and play some good consistent footy for Norwood, there'd be no shortage of interest in him. What we'd receive as compensation is another matter altogether.

Geelong aren't exactly blessed with ruckmen. King is virtually finished, and Ottens is a shadow of the player he was for that one outstanding year. If Meesen can get his knee right and play some good consistent footy for Norwood, there'd be no shortage of interest in him. What we'd receive as compensation is another matter altogether.

honestly - unless he does a fergus and kicks 10, I can't see anyone wanting anything more than a 2nd or 3rd round pick, the guy lacks the drive to be an AFL footballer and going of SANFL form probably lacks other things too.

considering I stick up for Jericho, I'm not sure if my opinion counts :D

I actually think he'll still be on our list at the start of next year.
We all know there's talent there, and that ruckman can take a long time to develop.
If he leaves, it will be because he asks to be traded. If he's happy to stay (which is still the big question), we'll keep him for at least 1 more year. Jericho, Massie, Bode etc. have all been given a last chance under Craig, and I expect Meesen, who has more potential than those three combined, will be too. If Matthew Smith can stay on our list for 15 years, we'll keep Meesen for another 1.
But yeah, the question is whether he wants that chance. He doesn't seem to be particularly interested in playing for our club, or playing at all, at least in comparison to some of our more successful recent draftees.

honestly - unless he does a fergus and kicks 10, I can't see anyone wanting anything more than a 2nd or 3rd round pick, the guy lacks the drive to be an AFL footballer and going of SANFL form probably lacks other things too.

considering I stick up for Jericho, I'm not sure if my opinion counts :D
I did put if in bold :D At this stage it's a rather large if.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Official John Meesen Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back