The Official John Meesen Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Meesan

From what i remember Cam wood had the big raps on him, so i woudlnt call Meeson the out right #1 ruckmen from that draft.

Essendon might be keen if Laycock doesnt shapen up

Wood was highly rated, but IIRC Meesen was easily rated the best ruckman in the draft.

Meesen was Pick 8 in a 2004 draft, that was very, very strong. Was easily the highest rated Ruckman going in to the draft and at one stage was rated as a top 3 pick.

I suppose at the end of the day (zomg Ayers) we haven't the faintest idea what the AFC is looking to do with the list at the end of the season. They could well be looking to keep Meesen. What would you do if Essendon turned around and offered a straight swap for someone like Monfries though?

I suppose at the end of the day (zomg Ayers) we haven't the faintest idea what the AFC is looking to do with the list at the end of the season. They could well be looking to keep Meesen.

They should be doing everything in their power to do so. He's serious quality.

Re: Meesen

If we were to lose Meesen Iam confident we would all regret the decision in the future.

But why would he leave? .........is it because he hasn't played a game into his third year .......that ain't no reason for an AFL ruckman .....as long as he's being well advised and the kid has a level head on his shoulder we should be OK

If I was on the board I'd through the cheque book at Meesen, double his salary for next year! Make it a finanacially stupid decision to move back to Victoria.

If it's homesickness wouldn't make a difference, or if it's about not playing AFL. But if its about playing AFL to increase his standing in the game, which also results in more money he may be swayed. It would be annoying to be on a much lower salary than other players that were drafted in the same just because they had played more AFL games.

Over on the Tigers board there is discussion about a possible Meyer/Meesen trade. Just wondering what the opinion of Crows fans would be on that deal?

Over on the Tigers board there is discussion about a possible Meyer/Meesen trade. Just wondering what the opinion of Crows fans would be on that deal?

Who is Meyer?

I wonder about something like Meesen for Courtney Johns with a pick; or throwing everything at Riewoldt, Meesen, Massie and our two top draft picks.

Dunno.

Exactly Who is Meyer?, we need someone who's ready to go can kick 70 goals a season....... next season!

we won't get Riewoldt he loves Victoria too much!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly Who is Meyer?, we need someone who's ready to go can kick 70 goals a season....... next season!

we won't get Riewoldt he loves Victoria too much!
A well credentialled Sth Aussie lad who should not be judged on his performances in the Richmond system.

But I agree with Stiffy don't think we are looking for his type of player ....not saying he's bad or anything ....think he's more a HFF and I have no idea about his aerobic capacity or speed

We'll take Hughes kthxbye.
Hughes has played 2 games and you are like OMG he's a gun lets have him. I would not trade Meesen for Monfires, I would not trade Meesen for Hughes end of story. He was the number 8th pick in the 2004 draft and he was the number 8th pick for a reason. He has a massive amount of potential but needs to harden up and work his butt off because at the moment we have some very good ruckman coming through.

The Official John Meesen Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back