The Official John Meesen Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: We MUST re-sign Meesen!

Perhaps a straight swap with Danny Meyer.Danny has the skill but it seems he may be missing home to much.

Watched him play VFL yesterday and he was no-where. He looks to be a a player much like Bernie Vince. A lot of similarities. He might just have had a bad game yesterday though.

Watched him play VFL yesterday and he was no-where. He looks to be a a player much like Bernie Vince. A lot of similarities. He might just have had a bad game yesterday though.
Sadly for him what he showed yesterday pretty much summed up his year thus far.Doesnt look interested at all.Not sure if he is sulking because he cant break into a side that has lost 10 0n the trot or is homesick.
The frustrating bit he has the skill.

McDermott's comments re Meesen in today's Sunday Mail are pretty close to the mark IMO.

He asks where has this young man's ability gone and believes that he should be traded for the benefit of all parties.

Unless there is a miraculous turnaround in the situation in the next 2 months I would support McDermott's suggestion to trade Meesen.
I can’t believe you of all people would listen to McDermott! “Where has this talented young man’s game gone?” he asks. I’m pretty sure it’s still there Bones, and we’ll see it again in the next month or two. McDermott has been forced to go into his shell after the ridiculous comment that Meesen would play in his first season with the club when it was painfully clear he wasn’t ready. He really has no idea.

If we trade Meesen, we're throwing away a huge piece of our future.

Maybe , maybe not. I do know most of us dont want another Matthew Smith on our books.
Perhaps the worst comparison I’ve ever heard.

What about this fine quote from McDermott today?

I still believe Matthew Clarke should have been kept on the list, certainly if a premiership was the goal.

:rolleyes: Let’s see now. Clarke has missed 5 games through injury and his form has been average at best. But Bones would’ve kept him on. Right, you can’t admit you’re in the wrong can you?

Perhaps the worst comparison I’ve ever heard.
3 years 0 games. Looking a pretty good comparison so far

What about this fine quote from McDermott today?
Pretty stupid quote wasnt it. Why is it in this post?

What about this quote from Drummond

Isnt yours as wishful, hopeful and uncheckable as McDermotts?

I can’t believe you of all people would listen to McDermott! “Where has this talented young man’s game gone?” he asks. I’m pretty sure it’s still there Bones, and we’ll see it again in the next month or two. McDermott has been forced to go into his shell after the ridiculous comment that Meesen would play in his first season with the club when it was painfully clear he wasn’t ready. He really has no idea.

McDermott is just bloody minded by sticking to Clarke retention school of thought. We would not have seen Griffin if Clarke was playing - even Clarke has admitted the Crows were right to cut him.

On Meesen, I still have faith he has the talent to become a good AFL ruckman. The question is though whether he wants to do it for the Crows. If so keep him, otherwise cut our losses & trade him at the end of the season. It's not like we don't have other promising youg ruckmen on our list.

I really would like Adelaide to retain Meesen. Probably just because he was a top 10 deaft pick but I desperately want to see his potential come to life. He obviously has something there, we were surprised to be able to pick him up as late as pick 8, I just really hope he stays and he begins to perform, demanding an opportunity at the highest level.

Griffin really only got his opportunity ahead of Meesen and Maric because of injuries so Chris was probably right to make the call that we'd see him this season (seeing as we got rid of Clarke). The fact that Griffin has done so well and the other two have re-injured themselves puts paid to that.

Meesen will be traded if the Club thinks it is the right thing to do, regardless of how highly you rate the player.

Meesen will be traded if the Club thinks it is the right thing to do, regardless of how highly you rate the player.

Meesen will be traded if Meesen wants to leave. The Club don't want to trade him and won't do so if he wants to stay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meesen will be traded if Meesen wants to leave. The Club don't want to trade him and won't do so if he wants to stay.
You would think that is the bottom line ... but if we are serious about chasing Pavlich, I expect 1 of our ruckmen will be traded as part of the deal.

You would think that is the bottom line ... but if we are serious about chasing Pavlich, I expect 1 of our ruckmen will be traded as part of the deal.

Pavlich won't be coming, we blew it big time, TWICE.

All he's doing at the moment is drawing it out, trying to get some extra $$$. Similar to Meesen.

All he's doing at the moment is drawing it out, trying to get some extra $$$. Similar to Meesen.
Yes, we blew it no doubt.

AFC are now belatedly showing strong interest in Pav, who won't be keen to stay at Freo if they miss the finals ... yet again.

I have trouble believing that theres any need for Pav to grand stand to increase his value. I doubt he has to put in any effort to drive his price up.

What kind of logic is that?! I mean seriously!

Pavlich achieves nothing by dragging it out. He is a superstar of the competition and aruguably a top 3 player in the league.

Players like Pavlich can name their price and every club in the league would meet it so he has absolutely no need to do what you are suggesting.

Pavlich dragging out his contract negotiations has nothing to do with trying to get extra $$$$. He will get what ever he asks for because market will dictate his price.

He will get what ever he asks for because market will dictate his price.

You sell real estate Stiffy??? :D

If we really wanted Pav, AFC would have gone all out for him. Perhaps they think he's not worth what we'd have to give up for him? Just a thought.

with Hudson and Griffin entrenched.....and with the Return of Biglands.......I don't know that the Club will see much value in retaining Meesen and Maric.

Given Maric's SANFL form - you would think he is in front of Meesen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back