The Official John Meesen Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: We MUST re-sign Meesen!

We need to do all we can to hold onto all these young ruckman. Huddo and Biglands are only one akward fall away from never playing again after all, and Biglands at 30 will struggle either way

By the way Griffen's rise to AFL superstar has a long way to go. I'm pleased by his development and think he is very athletic, but we mark big men kindly sometimes, lets be honest he's only shown potential, rather than Knights and Van Berlo, who had made the transition to AFL quality players this year. Griffen has not yet. Yes he's a big man, take longer to develop etc, but Maric and Meesen are both needed as well. Dare I remind anyone that Ben Marsh looked exciting on debut at the SCG in 98?

If he is better than Reserves level then he must dominate a game and he didnt do this. He was a good tall link man , his hands were good but thats to be expected from an AFL listed player.
Meesen:

26 possessions and 21 hit-outs.

:thumbsu:

Again, I was right on the money.

Meesen:

26 possessions and 21 hit-outs.

:thumbsu:

Again, I was right on the money.

FF in SANFL thread said:
Minson was rated in the best players just ahead of Meesen (and ressies bp's are usually from the club) ... so you have support.

My ... is bigger :rolleyes:

Meese has to break into the Norwood A's team and dominate in there before he gets a chance with the Crows... having 20-odd touches in the SANFL ressies isn't good enough. At least he got through unscathed though.

considering Meese did well in the ressies, and Norwood lost, he'd at least be a good chance to play sanfl this week though. Baby steps

When? Now or next year?

Anytime. It is my guess that the Club generally sets what they are/were willing to offer in order to get a player and won't deviate from that. They are looking at it from an overall structure perspective (how much we will lose if we trade a first/second round pick + an up and coming youngster). If they think getting him will solve all our problems, they might be willing to deviate. As we haven't got him, it is clear they weren't willing to deviate which means they didn't really want him (at the cost it would take to get him). This of course could change with the next round of courting, but I am not sure it will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

anyone notice meesens quote from the latest issue of 'the pride'

"we both want to play for adelaide and were in competition, i guess. but we come to the same club every day and i hope we'll be in the same team for a lot of years"

also

"id like to think im a loyal person" "i want to play here"

a sign that he wants to re-sign perhaps? :)

Hopefully, but keep in mind he's hardly going to come out and say "I hate it here, I'm leaving"

Didn't fergus watts say he wanted to be a ten year player for the club?

Not saying what Meesen is saying isn't true, but like bus said, he's hardley going to come out and say he hates the joint.

I agree public statements don't mean anything. Like when Chad Cornes stood up in front of the whole team and said to everyone with regards to Josh Carr, 'He's staying'. He ended up looking the fool as well all know.

I agree public statements don't mean anything. Like when Chad Cornes stood up in front of the whole team and said to everyone with regards to Josh Carr, 'He's staying'. He ended up looking the fool as well all know.

A little bit different. He does play for Port and we can't believe a thing that comes from there mouths. But no often they will just say what people want to hear.

Meesen is named on the extended bench with DeJognh & Minson for Norwood. Interesting to see who plays.

The Official John Meesen Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back