Mega Thread The Official NBA Offseason Thread 4 (Dwights first full thread as a Laker)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. If KG has to sit out we'll struggle. Even with our depth. There's no one who can anchor the defense for the Celtics like him.

I expect the Celtics to struggle a little early and pick up the pace after All star break again. Grab the 2nd or 3rd seed. I also think Rondo could win the mvp this year.

mj%20laugh.gif

Did you even watch last season? We were a quarter from the finals with no training camp (yes others had it but the Celtics needed one to gel their new players where as Miami already had an established team), no bench, a banged up Ray Allen, no Avery Bradley against Miami, Paul Pierce was banged up as was Pietrus and we lost our starting center, Jeff Green (was going to be a big contributor off the bench) and Chris Wilcox who was handy before he was ruled out.

The season before we were destroyed by the Heat and we had a shocking end to the regular season. Yet we've been sliding?

Laugh.gif

Now we've added Courtney Lee who would start on plenty of other NBA teams, Jason Terry who is an upgrade over Ray Allen except in the three pt shooting (Ray's ankle is still dodgy anyway), we've got Jeff Green back who is definitely an upgrade over Pietrus and Chris Wilcox is back to boost our big man stocks. Not to mention Jared Sullinger who will be the steal of the draft if he stays healthy. He's like Big Baby but he can also rebound. He has the potential to be more. You'll find that our downfall in the playoffs has been rebounding and running out of legs. Boosting our rebounding stocks with Sullinger and Wilcox along with now having a very young team (one of the youngest by average age I think) and we're going to slide? Explain to me who is going to come and overtake the Celtics. Sorry for the incoming shots fans of Eastern conference teams not named Miami and Boston but I'm speaking the truth.

The Heat will still be the benchmark unless they have another hangover like in 2006-2007. But the Celtics got very close to defeating them with LeBron at the height of his powers and with key players missing or banged up. I'll mention it again. Last season's bench was the Celtics worst since 08-09 and you could make a case for it being the worst in the big three era. That won't be the case this year. Wade is aging and Wade is someone who heavily relies on his athletic powers. He's already not the player we saw from 2006-2010. Bosh is never going to get any better and Ray Allen will only be an upgrade if his ankle is okay. Rashard Lewis is useless. Rajon Rondo is going to get better and Chalmers still stinks. The Pacers still lack a go to guy and losing Collision doesn't help. The Bulls will be without Rose for most of the season and it's unlikely that they'll be as good as they were without Rose last season. Deng never fixed his wrist with surgery did he? The Magic are dead, stick a fork in them. The Knicks will continue to be a mess unless Amar'e and Melo shock me. Philly has placed their hopes on Andrew Bynum who has suffered from knee issues in the past and before you say he's overcome them, think again. A quote from ESPN "New Philadelphia 76ers center Andrew Bynum will be withheld from basketball activities for 21 days to maximize the effect of therapy on his knees, the team said on Monday." Sounds like the guy you'd want to rely on after losing an elite defender (Iggy) and your best scorer (Lou Williams). And Brooklyn and Atlanta will continue to be mediocre.

The Celtics only slide if they get mauled by injuries. That's far more unlikely now that they are actually going after youth in free agency and not washed up and/or injury prone players such as Shaq, Jermaine O'Neal, Sheed, Marquis Daniels, Pietrus, Delonte West etc.

Off to the TAB brahs. I reckon if Celts are paying over $1.85 for the title it's a spoil!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Athleticism is the only talent he falls on, and when he is 'slowing down', what other asset will he have?
I never said that. I simply said Wade relies on his athleticism and he's not incredibly skilled.
I don't respect D-Wade on the court but I could swear you're talking about a future hall-of-famer like he has the athlete to skill set ratio of a Paul George? Really?

I don't respect D-Wade on the court but I could swear you're talking about a future hall-of-famer like he has the athlete to skill set ratio of a Paul George? Really?
Wade is a poor mans Gerald Green. Didn't you know?

He's a great player who relies on his speed, strength, jumping and quickness to be great. He isn't the most skilled of players. His jumper is mediocre and he doesn't have much of a post game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back