Mega Thread The Official NBA Offseason Thread 4 (Dwights first full thread as a Laker)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this headline this morning:

'Kobe just about done with NBA'

It's good to see Kobe is also sick of superstars joining up like we of the BigFooty Basketball board are. I wonder if he's switching to NCAA?

Who do the Nuggets think they are? The LBJ-era Cavs?

nuggets-uniforms-math.jpg

Media day today.
It seems every player in the league has either trimmed down, bulked up, worked on their handle, or improved their jumpshot. woah

New alts for Portland
002_09252012_blazers_to.sjpg_534_800_1_100_1_49_34.sjpg

Who do the Nuggets think they are? The LBJ-era Cavs?

nuggets-uniforms-math.jpg

I don't mind it actually. I think of the nuggets tops though I like the dark blue one the best.

Media day today.
It seems every player in the league has either trimmed down, bulked up, worked on their handle, or improved their jumpshot. woah

New alts for Portland

Simple yet elegant. I like.

Out of all the new jersey's I really like the bobcats new one

43f8da5c0bed11e2ac3022000a1e868a_7.jpg

Sliding?

08 champs
09 conference semis, back-to-back 7 game series (no KG)
10 Finals, 7 games
11 conference semis (Miami'd)
12 conference finals, 7 games

Way to illustrate the point I was making.

Miami has gone past them and they're struggling to catch up. Most likely will not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Media day today.

New alts for Portland

sleek. the gradual thinning of the random lines on hte jersey are more emotive than the older blocks. really suggests a someone who is blazing a trail. sashes across the torso region look strange normally but this is good

the red is striking and effective.

not sure about the presence of freeland. perhaps there for the british vote

Not a good season for the Celtics I reckon.

They've been sliding and might dip even more.
mj%20laugh.gif

Did you even watch last season? We were a quarter from the finals with no training camp (yes others had it but the Celtics needed one to gel their new players where as Miami already had an established team), no bench, a banged up Ray Allen, no Avery Bradley against Miami, Paul Pierce was banged up as was Pietrus and we lost our starting center, Jeff Green (was going to be a big contributor off the bench) and Chris Wilcox who was handy before he was ruled out.

The season before we were destroyed by the Heat and we had a shocking end to the regular season. Yet we've been sliding?

Laugh.gif

Now we've added Courtney Lee who would start on plenty of other NBA teams, Jason Terry who is an upgrade over Ray Allen except in the three pt shooting (Ray's ankle is still dodgy anyway), we've got Jeff Green back who is definitely an upgrade over Pietrus and Chris Wilcox is back to boost our big man stocks. Not to mention Jared Sullinger who will be the steal of the draft if he stays healthy. He's like Big Baby but he can also rebound. He has the potential to be more. You'll find that our downfall in the playoffs has been rebounding and running out of legs. Boosting our rebounding stocks with Sullinger and Wilcox along with now having a very young team (one of the youngest by average age I think) and we're going to slide? Explain to me who is going to come and overtake the Celtics. Sorry for the incoming shots fans of Eastern conference teams not named Miami and Boston but I'm speaking the truth.

The Heat will still be the benchmark unless they have another hangover like in 2006-2007. But the Celtics got very close to defeating them with LeBron at the height of his powers and with key players missing or banged up. I'll mention it again. Last season's bench was the Celtics worst since 08-09 and you could make a case for it being the worst in the big three era. That won't be the case this year. Wade is aging and Wade is someone who heavily relies on his athletic powers. He's already not the player we saw from 2006-2010. Bosh is never going to get any better and Ray Allen will only be an upgrade if his ankle is okay. Rashard Lewis is useless. Rajon Rondo is going to get better and Chalmers still stinks. The Pacers still lack a go to guy and losing Collision doesn't help. The Bulls will be without Rose for most of the season and it's unlikely that they'll be as good as they were without Rose last season. Deng never fixed his wrist with surgery did he? The Magic are dead, stick a fork in them. The Knicks will continue to be a mess unless Amar'e and Melo shock me. Philly has placed their hopes on Andrew Bynum who has suffered from knee issues in the past and before you say he's overcome them, think again. A quote from ESPN "New Philadelphia 76ers center Andrew Bynum will be withheld from basketball activities for 21 days to maximize the effect of therapy on his knees, the team said on Monday." Sounds like the guy you'd want to rely on after losing an elite defender (Iggy) and your best scorer (Lou Williams). And Brooklyn and Atlanta will continue to be mediocre.

The Celtics only slide if they get mauled by injuries. That's far more unlikely now that they are actually going after youth in free agency and not washed up and/or injury prone players such as Shaq, Jermaine O'Neal, Sheed, Marquis Daniels, Pietrus, Delonte West etc.

I love the bulls squad this year when Rose returns. The team is better. Plus Thibs got his new deal.

Rose - Kirk - Teague
Rip - Belinelli
Deng - Butler - Vlad
Boozer - Gibson
Noah - Nazr - Fesenko

I love the bulls squad this year when Rose returns. The team is better. Plus Thibs got his new deal.

Rose - Kirk - Teague
Rip - Belinelli
Deng - Butler - Vlad
Boozer - Gibson
Noah - Nazr - Fesenko

It's alright but Rose still lacks a real sidekick and he won't win a title until he gets one.

Did you even watch last season? We were a quarter from the finals with no training camp (yes others had it but the Celtics needed one to gel their new players where as Miami already had an established team), no bench, a banged up Ray Allen, no Avery Bradley against Miami, Paul Pierce was banged up as was Pietrus and we lost our starting center, Jeff Green (was going to be a big contributor off the bench) and Chris Wilcox who was handy before he was ruled out.

lol wut? that's the excuse knicks fans used a year ago

Now we've added Courtney Lee who would start on plenty of other NBA teams, Jason Terry who is an upgrade over Ray Allen except in the three pt shooting (Ray's ankle is still dodgy anyway)

your glowing praise of a bunch of newbies basically gives you no right to bag them throughout the year.

will be interesting to see if Lee or Terry ever leave. you'll flip the switch and dig up any dirt you can on them.

I'd back the Pacers to beat Boston in a 7 game series. Another year of development for George and Hibbert :thumbsu: Losing Collison doesn't hurt.. was the best thing that could happen, kid is terribly overrated since his stint of 20pts/10ast/26to's with NOH. Was naturally replaced as starter by the much better Hill, and he has been replaced by Augustine as well as them adding Gerald Green to sure up the bench who performed very well last season. I'm not giving the Bulls much chance in the regular season but if they make it to the playoffs with a recovered and healthy team, I'd have them over Boston too

Good post. Don't know enough of the names to argue.

Thumbs up for saying the Knicks will be a mess :D

From what I can tell.

Pierce - has been. Wow at the stabbing stuff, never knew that :eek:

KG - this guy is ancient, can't see how he is still good if Wade is slowing down. :rolleyes:

Peitrus - Was one of ours, nothing special. Plodder and average shooter.

Rondo - Everything the Celts have. Hard to say anything bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back