2nds The Official Northern Blues Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Levi Casboult went down mid way through the first quarter after a collision with a team mate.
Automatically grabbed his knee, his right knee, looked in severe pain,
Limped off with help from trainers.
did some tests on the boundary (pressing on the knee), looked in a lot of pain.
Quarter time: Hyde said Ligament damage hasnt been ruled out yet, hopefully he can come back after half time

Early in the second quarter update:
Levi has been taken for scans on the knee, will not take any further part in the game.

fingers crossed for good news,
He started the game really well

Heard the doc say to Big Levi that he may have re-injured the PCL from last year and he wanted to be cautious with it. Levi said "So I'm done?" He sounded surprised and crapped off. Loving big Rowe's efforts. Quite a pack buster. Has played back for short periods. Can kick.

A few injuries today. Loch/ Lodge /however you spell it looked in a nasty state after a team mate took his knee out from under him. That knee did not look right after that collision.

Can't believe he was chasing after Wheeler right afterwards.

Just too short all day.

McLean did the same old McLean thing. Made a couple of errors but at least competed for the ball.
McCarthy played well, but still clearly needs body strength up against the big boys. Next year may be the go for him.
Joseph really should be doing better than he is right now. Not sure why the dip in form over the past month.
Watson: Enough said already.
White was just O.K.
Heyne kicked two but hard to take too much out of this game for him.
Rowe quietened right down but showed enough early to suggest there could be good there. I like him.
Dale gets around the ground nicely and has a bit of that Rhys-Jones lope about him. Made mistakes but looks clever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does Watson even look at the ball any more?
Not sure of what the instructions are to him, but he is certainly not obeying them.
Possibly buggered like Rowe.

Give them a break.

The criticisms will shortly turn into Kennedy Mk II and Yarran Mk 11...
We're three goals down and don't look likely.
Skills are quite woeful
The VFL players are bringing them down. :eek:
McLean doing well and again covering the ground nicely.
:thumbsu:

Possibly buggered like Rowe.
Give them a break.

The criticisms will shortly turn into Kennedy Mk II and Yarran Mk 11...

Maybe, but you really should be looking at the ball when you're endeavouring to punch.
I've seen Watson do it quite on more than just the one occasion, where he turns his face away at point of contact.
Something that may not be missed by the coaches, one would think.

And another thing, the commentators were terrible. Hyphen was as per usual, great to hear but the other two taking pot shots at Piva Wright, Mclean's pace, and anyone above 200cms was so irritating.

The younger weasel commentator also had a go at Arnot and suggested he work less on his biceps and more on his kicking. Would pay good money to watch him say it to his face.

Dale: Lovely stuff early on in the game but when he gets tired does the simple things wrong and can get hurt on the rebound.

McCarthy, got better the longer the game went on, knows what to do but needs to body to fill out.

Watson: Thought he was good, great hunger for the contest. Kicking was very nice and his defensive work looks like it's slowly improving. Looked more likely up forward though.

Mclean: liked his work, getting it done, leading possession winner. Like the commentator saying early on he can't kick long, fast forward to the last quarter and he bangs one in from 55.

Joseph: Wasn't good early on, 3rd quarter was far better.

Heyne: Nice addition, not sure he gives more than Twomey did.

Lodge: Takes very short steps, is lacking fitness but is smart and uses it well sometimes (no nonsense) and will benefit from a few years in the system. Seems like a great kid to have around the club too.

Rowe: Will come good. Needs to not be the only target with 4 guys hanging off him.

Wasn't at all impressed with Simon White.

As poor a quality as that match was, I got more out of it than most of our VFL games last year.

Rowe is a real goer and just what we may need later in the year.
Doesn't move like a 198cm man the way he gets about and competed favourably in the ruck also.

Must also say that Levi looked menacing before having to go off.
Not sure our injured list can be accomodated by the website any more. A different format may be in need. :(

Must also say that Levi looked menacing before having to go off.
Not sure our injured list can be accomodated by the website any more. A different format may be in need. :(

Absolutely agree with this Harker, I was really impressed.
His attack on the ball and his second efforts were some of the best I've seen from him.
He was going after everything and his marks were sticking.

Really disappointing to see him go down in such pain.

Maybe we'll get lucky this time and it wont be as bad as it looked.

Really disappointing to see him go down in such pain.

Maybe we'll get lucky this time and it wont be as bad as it looked.

I've had my anti-Casboult sentiments voiced here over time, but it was great to see the attack that wasn't really present in recent times.
He starts to look good and then..........:(
Good luck to the kid and hope there not to be any issues with his knee.

Still hard to believe that he an Rowe are the same height as Levi just looks so much taller when on the ground.

Excuse my ignorance (don't know much about the VFL system), but the commentators mentioned that a number of our best players had left at the end of last year when we changed from the Bullants to the Blues.

Apart from the name change (and hopefully jumper colour to match), why would being aligned to the Blues change the situation for our experienced VFL players? (I think they mentioned Arrowsmith, Cachia and another one)

Weren't the two teams aligned last year? What has changed this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back