2nds The Official Northern Blues Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Former Hawk Carl Peterson starting anew at Northern Blues
Northern Blues general manager Garry O'Sullivan is confident Peterson can continue turning his life around and hopefully land a third crack at the big time.

"Peterson was with us about four years ago, we looked after him for a while and he played one reserves game with us," he said.

"He's played at Box Hill and played alongside Buddy (Franklin) for a while, and he's matured the last couple of years after he struggled with the structures and the programs of modern footy.

"Now he's been working a (building) apprenticeship, he played Old Carey last year and made the state side and life's settled down for him a bit.

"He harbours a real strong desire to get back into AFL and hopefully we can help him do that."
Former Hawk Carl Peterson starting anew at Northern Blues

Is someone like Peterson eligible to be listed by GWS under the rules?

It's all good if Peterson works hard enough to get another chance and they sign him.

There was supposed to be a practice match on Friday evening (24th Feb): did anyone get there?
I had no hope: the game would have almost started byb the time I left Wedderburn. :(

Northern Blues Thread 2012 #1

Well, the Northern Blues are official and playing. What is more the Blues have now played a couple of practice matches. I couldn't find out last week's results, but I gather from a post on the VFL Footy site that it was very close.
That is impressive, as we had very few Carlton players available for that game.

Today there was a game at Visy Park, in which the Blues triumphed over Collingwood by a couple of points.
Again, this is more impressive considering the LACK of Carlton listed players available.

Sorry, I haven't been able to garner any more scores or details.

On paper, the Northern Blues appear much weaker than last year. Having lost McCorkell, Iacobucci and Sa'ad is basically tearing, er.. removing, most of class and ball winning ability from the group, not top mention experience. Arrowsmith and Gale are also losses.

However, the Blues have picked up a few new guys who add a little pace to the mids, guys like Benbow and Peterson. Hopefully they can find their feet quickly and give a little life to the midfield.

Re: Northern Blues Thread 2012 #1

Lost last week against a more experienced Williamstown but played well. Beat Collingwood today though by 2 points. Matthew Lodge was the only Carlton listed player and snuck into the bests.

Lost last week against a more experienced Williamstown but played well. Beat Collingwood today though by 2 points. Matthew Lodge was the only Carlton listed player and snuck into the bests.
Good! That is a considerable positive, considering the disaster at Maroochydore.

the round 1 match v Coburg will be shown on the ABC

Nice. .. Is that this week or next week? .. goes to find out. ..

Edit: Next Week:

Saturday 24th March
Coburg Tigers vs. Northern Blues Mantello Holden Oval 2:00 PM

If you receive the Northern Blues newsletter you can win a Northern Blues Polo.

In the latest Northern Blues newsletter, can anyone tell us who the player with the ball is in the first photo of the practice matches? First person to post the correct name here wins a Northern Blues polo shirt. If you don't subscribe to the newsletter, you can do so at our website (and you won't miss out on the next competition!)

Unfortunately, I didn't sign up for the newsletter before this so now you guys have the chance

Ins and Outs for this year:
IN’s:

AFL

Carl Peterson – Hawthorn

VFL

Rex Taylor – Rumbalara, Mitchell Dowse – Casey Scorpions, Brydon Coles - Williamstown

TAC Cup

Alex Benbow – Dandenong Stingrays, Tim Totevski – Northern Knights, Luke Visser – Murray Bushrangers, Joshua Burgess – Calder Cannons, Matthew Atta – Northern Knights, Todd Coran – Calder Cannons, Jack Didier – Oakleigh Chargers, Ben Kerton – Northern Knights, Tim Currie – Northern Knights, Tom McEwan – Northern Knights

Local

Aiden Yelland - Wangaratta Rovers, Anthony Trigg – Maribyrnong Park, Chris Petroro – St Marys, Brayden Williams - Rumbalara, Jacob Gleeson – Euroa, Eamonn O’Connor – Seymour, Matthew Clark – Balwyn, Tom Black – Essendon Grammar, Nathan Karuzo - Penleigh Essendon Grammar, Nathan Parkes – Preston Bullants

Interstate

Shaun Wilson – NT Thunder

OUT’s:

Adam Iacobucci - Strathmore, Jarrod McCorkell - Newtown, Ash Arrowsmith - Strathmore, Christian Gianfagna - overseas, Ryan Gale – Port Melbourne, Nick Smith, Bryce Carroll, Thomas German – Oak Park, Josh Nesbitt - Keilor, Braden Pullen – Shepparton Bears, Ben Way, Nick Lawless, Joel McLellan – Greensborough, Mitch Papas – Northcote Park, Kamen Ogilivy, Tom Overman – St. Bernards, Phillip Wills – Avondale Heights, Kent Delbridge - Bundoora

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tune in tonight to 1116 SEN for an interview with @NBluesFC coach Robert Hyde between 8:30pm - 9pm

The 1st ABCTV game is @CoburgFC v @NBluesFC. @Richmond_FC & @Carlton_FC fans tune from 1pm Saturday to see your clubs future stars #PJVFL

You're a champion TG :thumbsu:
Thanks

Think The Wookie lives in Adelaide, but hopefully he can find a way to get us some match highlights from our VFL games that are broadcast.

Don't know if he can work his magic with iView.

I'd never put that sort of pressure on him, but it would be great if that wonderful Wookie fellow would go out of his way to do such a thing for his brothers here.

I'm sure he's talented enough to fiddle with the required programs as only a supremely talented individual could do so.

No pressure Wook................mate. :thumbsu:

Team selection
Northern Blues

B McCarthy White Heyne

HB Biffin Watson Lincoln

C Joseph Marcon Gianfagna

HF Lambert Rowe Carter

F Totevski Casboult Dale

R Meese McLean Bransgrove

Int from Kazuro, Toman, Thomas, Dowse, Jenkins, Marchbank, Lodge, Benbow, Di Rago

Match Preview
http://www.northernbluesfc.com.au/latest-news/36-nbfcvcfc-nbvcobprev.html

White still exists!!

so it is what it is
either a last minute try out
or you have not cut the mustard
either way it is a clear message as long as whatever it is it is related
both have shown plenty of effort in pre-season.

I'd never put that sort of pressure on him, but it would be great if that wonderful Wookie fellow would go out of his way to do such a thing for his brothers here.

I'm sure he's talented enough to fiddle with the required programs as only a supremely talented individual could do so.

No pressure Wook................mate. :thumbsu:

If its broadcast, I should get it one way or another

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back