Mega Thread The official remainder of 2012 prognostication thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney of course. If Collingwood win, it doesn't do us any favours.
Sydney play us and than geelong in the next 4 rounds, theres a chance they may lose 3 of the last 4 games, if they do that and we dont lose we go above them, the pies also have to play the eagles over there, lose that and they go below us because of their percentage. I think we will get 2nd, we should win at 3 games and im confident we can knock off the swans at the SCG. The geelong loss has complicated things and given us no leeway, its imperative we do everything right from here. Also barrack hard for freo fellow hawks supporters and get those crow pretenders out of the top 2.

Lowest we will finish is 5th but it is more likely we finish 3rd or 4th. Should be Port and GC and we are very capable of beating both Swans and Eagles but realistically we only need to win one as WCE and Geelong are a game and % behind us. Assuming we do make top 4 I would like to play Adelaide most (even at Aami), Collingwood 2nd and Sydney 3rd(It will be away)

P.S. Where will Sydney play its home finals?

Lowest we will finish is 5th but it is more likely we finish 3rd or 4th. Should be Port and GC and we are very capable of beating both Swans and Eagles but realistically we only need to win one as WCE and Geelong are a game and % behind us. Assuming we do make top 4 I would like to play Adelaide most (even at Aami), Collingwood 2nd and Sydney 3rd(It will be away)

ANZ stadium, id give us a big show if we ended up playing them based on that much bigger ground to get our running game going.

if sydney lose 3 games they will slip behind us, im thinking pies v hawks 1st week either us finishing 2nd or 3rd and vice versa, surely the guys would be confident of getting the job done we would be the last team they would want to play, we have made them look ordinary this year.

Geelong can finish top 4, so like someone said its

1) too hard to predict and

2) look above

I thought this may be the case. I can't be stuffed figuring it out. What has to happen for this to occur? I guess the cats just have to keep on winning. If they loose to WCE this week then it will be difficult. Could be a huge round 23 vs swans at Simmons stadium. They could even go the other way. Hope they do.

Adelaide's soft draw could work against them. We had good wins for many weeks against sides that did not push us and it showed against the cats last week. Could the same thing happen to Adelaide, or will the soft final four weeks set them up fully fit for a crack at the cup?

if sydney lose 3 games they will slip behind us, im thinking pies v hawks 1st week either us finishing 2nd or 3rd and vice versa, surely the guys would be confident of getting the job done we would be the last team they would want to play, we have made them look ordinary this year.
I know they have both Geelong and Collingwood to come but I can't see them losing 3 out of their last 4 when they have only lost 3 all year.
Will do the later predictor now and return :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought this may be the case. I can't be stuffed figuring it out. What has to happen for this to occur? I guess the cats just have to keep on winning. If they loose to WCE this week then it will be difficult. Could be a huge round 23 vs swans at Simmons stadium. They could even go the other way. Hope they do.

Adelaide's soft draw could work against them. We had good wins for many weeks against sides that did not push us and it showed against the cats last week. Could the same thing happen to Adelaide, or will the soft final four weeks set them up fully fit for a crack at the cup?
In all seriousness they have had the easiest draw i have just about ever seen, couple that with virtually no injuries and you have the dream season, there's no way in hell those blokes will stand up in finals tempo footy, they havent experienced it all year except the pies game which they lost and have played some of the top sides when they have been hampered (the eagles the other week), there 1 great win this year was the swans.

I know they have both Geelong and Collingwood to come but I can't see them losing 3 out of their last 4 when they have only lost 3 all year.
Will do the later predictor now and return :D
so what? they havent exactly had the toughest draw either, they havent beaten the pies in 10 attempts and geelong will be very hard to beat down there as will we up there. They have been up for a long time and they surely wont be able to sustain it.

Hawthorn wont lose another game this season.

I believe that and the only worry is Rob Walls said it too - on Saturday SEN

Anything can happen in finals. Hawthorn, Adelaide, Sydney all good finals clubs (home and away) and the pies are good on the road.

The only thing about home finals is it costs me less to get there

Does anyone else actually want to meet Geelong in the finals? And beat them!

I was doing the ladder predictor thing (pointless, i know) trying to work out where we would finish and in what scenario we could avoid meeting Geelong in the finals. Geelong are the one team that scare me right now. I think we are better but am not confident we would beat them.

Then I thought, SCREW IT! I want the Hawks to meet them in the finals. Beating Geelong in the Finals is almost more important to me now than a premiership. Sure, if we won the Grand final without meeting Geelong in the finals i would take it BUT winning the premiership without beating Geelong in the season would somehow feel a little hollow. (If people remember '08, we ended up beating every team at least once through the course of the year).

What do people think? Would you rather avoid Geelong to make the finals campaign easier or do want the risk of losing to them for the chance of revenge?

Geelong can finish top 4, so like someone said its

1) too hard to predict and

2) look above

I've just done a ladder predictor where Geelong finishes third ahead of Hawthorn fourth, Eagles in fifth and the Pies in sixth (Swans takes top spot ahead of Adelaide on percentage, which means the first week of the finals would see Hawthorn travel to Sydney to play its qualifying final and the Cats go to Adelaide to play the Crows in the other qualifying final).

To get this result:

Round 20

Cats defeat the Eagles in Perth
Swans defeat Collingwood in Sydney
Hawthorn defeats Port Adelaide in Tasmania
Adelaide defeats Fremantle in Adelaide

Round 21

Cats defeat St Kilda at Etihad
Collingwood defeat North Melbourne at Etihad
Adelaide defeat Brisbane at the Gabba
West Coast Eagles defeat Port Adelaide at AAMI Stadium
Hawthorn defeats the Suns at the MCG
Swans defeat the Bulldogs at Etihad

Round 22

Swans defeat Hawthorn at the SCG
Eagles defeat Collingwood at Subiaco
Cats defeat the Bulldogs at Kardinia Park
Adelaide defeats Melbourne at the MCG

Round 23

Essendon defeat Collingwood at the MCG
Eagles defeat Hawthorn at the MCG
Cats defeat the Swans at Kardinia Park
Adelaide defeat the Suns at AAMI Stadium

So to finish top four, the Cats must win each game from hereon and rely on the Hawks losing two games and Pies losing three games of their remaining four.

There are some upsets for this to occur (ie., the Pies losing to Essendon in the last round of the season, the Hawks losing to the Eagles in Melbourne after the Eagles lose to the Cats in Perth) but it is not beyond the realms of possibility just yet.

Does anyone else actually want to meet Geelong in the finals? And beat them!

I was doing the ladder predictor thing (pointless, i know) trying to work out where we would finish and in what scenario we could avoid meeting Geelong in the finals. Geelong are the one team that scare me right now. I think we are better but am not confident we would beat them.

Then I thought, SCREW IT! I want the Hawks to meet them in the finals. Beating Geelong in the Finals is almost more important to me now than a premiership. Sure, if we won the Grand final without meeting Geelong in the finals i would take it BUT winning the premiership without beating Geelong in the season would somehow feel a little hollow. (If people remember '08, we ended up beating every team at least once through the course of the year).

What do people think? Would you rather avoid Geelong to make the finals campaign easier or do want the risk of losing to them for the chance of revenge?

Yeah why not, bring them on I say, we can beat them, would be sweet to get that win and knock them out of the finals at the same time, but as MinerBoy pointed out above, winning the flag is a million times more important, therefore whoever we play from here and throughout the finals is equally important,

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread The official remainder of 2012 prognostication thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back