Mega Thread The official remainder of 2012 prognostication thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So now, after the Geelong loss, we just need to worry about getting into the top two, first is probably out of the question.
This week, we need a Sydney win and Fremantle to win... if this happens we are second.
A home final, especially against Adelaide or West Coast, would be amazing and is defiantly an easier win.
With this we will get a home prelim.
We need second place, it is very gettable although it will be tough and we will be relying on other results.

I had this worked out and found we played either the Pies or Cats in the GF, after playing the Pies in the first week of the finals.

In terms of what I hope, I think it is better to look at it from the GF backwards. The thing we really want is to be in a prelim (obviously) and to have an easier opponent so we are in better shape than whoever we play. That made me think that I had sub-consciously rigged the predictor, as if the Cats and Pies play each other in the prelim and we play Adelaide at the G, then it is a great scenario.

I reckon the best two teams are us and the Swans and we will meet in e GF

As we approach the business end of the season - its as close as ever with a few finals combinations potentially arising depending on the results over the next few weeks. So I ask who would you prefer to play and where (1st round), and of course why.

Did some analysis based on 3 pivotal games, Syd v Haw, wc v coll and syd v geel. I assume all oher games go to ladder position and nothing changes this or next week

Hawks beat sydney and the 4 combinations of the other two games give us 3 chances of a final v collingwood or a home final v sydney.
lose to sydney adn we finish 4th and its 50-50 between an away final against sydney or adelaide, depending if sydney beat geelong

so after next week, we will know if we travel or not

I dont think we will drop below 4th

Ironically, our superior percentage will have little effect on what our first final will be.

Only in the haw d syd, wc d coll and gee d syd scenario will percentage count, and then we get second over collingwood third which means the same.

In the haw d syd, wc d coll and syd d geel scenario, the percentage will mean we are 2nd to sydneys 3 rd

Pretty much if we lose our last 2 which is very possible we way we are currently travelling, we will end up 5th. Also West Coast would need to beat Collingwood but the way the Pies are going as well I reckon West Coast comfortably should win. This was why I was supporting Sydney vs Pies a couple of weeks ago because it pretty much made it impossible for us to drop below 4th. But now although we have a higher chance of finishing Top2, it is also not unlikely that we don't make it altogether.
Thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we really want to look at ourselves as genuine premiership chances, then we have to be able to knock over the Swans in Sydney. I say our final block of footy starts next weekend - 5 games of intense, hard-pressured footy, and I'll even throw in a week off just to keep everyone fresh. Forget about our ups and downs during the season up till now. It all starts here. 5 wins, starting with knocking the Swans off their perch and claiming top spot. No better place to start. Time to rock it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread The official remainder of 2012 prognostication thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back