Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn't always work out, though. Look what happened to the Shinbeggars after they let their veterans go almost a decade ago. They're in the third or fourth iteration of their rebuild since then.

I reckon the bloke (who can't be named) you allude to is still traumatised by what his team has been going through and that may well have been a factor in his slanderous belittling of our own decision to cut the likes of Titch and JOM and begin our own rebuild.

I guess better clubs just know how to rebuild better.
You really do need a great coach and off field staff to do it tbh.

We only did it because it was a whole of club approach with a great leader/thinker in Sam.

Not sure Yze has it unfortunately.

You're completely disregarding the roles they play. An elite full back is more valuable to most teams than an elite half back.
Can’t compare them in totality though. Yes okay age but different positions, different contracts, different assets to put up in trade

But no Houston isn’t where they should be going. That would be getting someone for the sake of it

Ok I’ll give you positional value but I won’t give you age (years of service) or durability or scope for improvement.

Personally Im not altogether convinced that gorilla full backs are still such valuable commodities. Interceptors are great but we have a lot of them (and Houston also has that in his arsenal).

This was on Fox Sports….

PICK TO UNLOCK HAWKS-EAGLES SWAP

Hawthorn’s move for star defender Tom Barrass is likely to hinge on them adding another pick to their first-round selection.

Speaking on Fox Footy’s Trading Day, Herald Sun reporter Jay Clark said he expects the Hawks to add a future second-round pick to their offer for the veteran backman to get the deal over the line.

The Hawks’ stunning rise into the semi-finals means their first selection is currently Pick 14 which is not enough for the 2022 best and fairest on its own.

But the extra sweetener should see West Coast accept the deal, in the knowledge they can then on-trade the Hawks’ first-round pick to Richmond for Liam Baker.

“Tom Barrass feels like it’s a really key domino, but West Coast want more than one first-round pick, so pick 14 that’ll be the key part, the centrepiece but there has to be something else to it from West Coast’s perspective,” Clark said on Fox Footy’s Trading Day.

“I think you’ll see that they’ll try and centre in on that future second round pick that Hawthorn would have to give up. One of the best key defenders in the competition and I know he turns 29 today, so happy birthday to Tom Barrass, but I feel like these two clubs have got to find a bit of middle ground.

“No he’s not worth two first-round draft picks, it’s one first and maybe something in-between.”

Pick 14 would then be the centrepiece of the Liam Baker trade, with the Tigers likely needing an additional selection as well.

Last edited:

Ok I’ll give you positional value but I won’t give you age (years of service) or durability or scope for improvement.

Personally Im not altogether convinced that gorilla full backs are still such valuable commodities. Interceptors are great but we have a lot of them (and Houston also has that in his arsenal).

This was on Fox Sports….

Hawthorn’s move for star defender Tom Barrass is likely to hinge on them adding another pick to their first-round selection.

Speaking on Fox Footy’s Trading Day, Herald Sun reporter Jay Clark said he expects the Hawks to add a future second-round pick to their offer for the veteran backman to get the deal over the line.

The Hawks’ stunning rise into the semi-finals means their first selection is currently Pick 14 which is not enough for the 2022 best and fairest on its own.

But the extra sweetener should see West Coast accept the deal, in the knowledge they can then on-trade the Hawks’ first-round pick to Richmond for Liam Baker.

“Tom Barrass feels like it’s a really key domino, but West Coast want more than one first-round pick, so pick 14 that’ll be the key part, the centrepiece but there has to be something else to it from West Coast’s perspective,” Clark said on Fox Footy’s Trading Day.

“I think you’ll see that they’ll try and centre in on that future second round pick that Hawthorn would have to give up. One of the best key defenders in the competition and I know he turns 29 today, so happy birthday to Tom Barrass, but I feel like these two clubs have got to find a bit of middle ground.

“No he’s not worth two first-round draft picks, it’s one first and maybe something in-between.”

Pick 14 would then be the centrepiece of the Liam Baker trade, with the Tigers likely needing an additional selection as well.
🤦‍♂️
Build a bridge.

I wonder if our first pick plus DGB has been floated during their negotiations for TB? He’s a WA boy, and while he hasn’t lived up to expectations here, I honestly don’t think his career is dead and buried. Sometimes all it takes is a change of scene for an underperforming player to turn it around…

Has anyone else thought of that? It seems his list spot is the thing of most value

Would a hawk player consider a move to tigers for more game time?

This was on Fox Sports….

So are you standing on wanting Houston over Barrass when Hawthorn has Impey, Amon, Hardwick and the other ones that rotate through that role like D’Ambrosio, Jiath, Weddle, Morrison, Mitchell etc

Yes he is better than all of these guys in theory but not at the asking price for need

You have mentioned you are out on Barrass and the trade in almost every way but getting Houston is literally getting a guy for the sake of it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many exciting trades got done today?
Donut Arthur GIF by Un si grand soleil

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back