The one they don't rate (and they're wrong)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS
Ever team has a player or two opposition fans love to hang it on as being a spud, or soft (or unworthy of his draft position) that we, the supporters, know is unfair or just plain wrong.

For Essendon fans it's Heppell (they're probably right); for Melbourne it's Watts (the evidence is not good). One for Richmond is Vickery. And they're wrong. He can play, and will get so much better.

Who is it from your club?

Exactly, anyone who doesn't recognise Heppell is a bloody talented player are generally North Melbourne/Richmond supporters on Bigfooty.

He's won the Rising Star, the AFLCA best young player and finished second in our B&F all within his first two seasons FFS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh, and Daisy Thomas.

I thought he was a skirt for ages - very wrong.
Of anyone you'd think an Adelaide supporter would be the last to think that... I still remember the skinny kid making his debut against you guys and knocking himself throwing himself up into congestion with little regard for his safety.

From Essendon it's probably Hooker. Started like a house on fire last year- I think he conceded about a dozen goals in the first 8 rounds (including Cloke, Petrie, J Riewoldt, J Brown and Darling). Just don't let him kick it

Ben Rutten seems to cop a lot of flack from Adelaide supporters especially, but more recently I've noticed a few other supporters bag him. This is despite still being our best defender, a champion of the club, an AA in 2005 and performing very well on Pav and Buddy in the finals last year. He also has amazingly good records on guys like Brown, Cloke and other power forwards around the comp over his career.

His pace is often the biggest thing questioned, but I've heard guys like Richo say in the commentary box that he has very deceptive pace on the lead, so I'm not sure it's as big of a weakness as made out by certain people.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back