The Otherworldly Circus - The America Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't hold anyone's views against them. There's always a moment when the scales drop from one's eyes. The Emperor Has No Clothes! It's irrefutable. We recognise it, learn from it and move on until history repeats itself again ... which I'm probably not gonna be around for.

But anyway, like Hayley's Comet and a total solar eclipse, I've seen it, so maybe I'm lucky.

Last edited:
It's been taken out of context.

Some of you have TDS.

View attachment 2061092

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Point taken , but as he said he can have it all “sorted” if he wins and they won’t have to vote again will have different meaning to different people.

Must be hard having to post a Trump speech to defend him .
He is seriously not the full quid.

“They're rounding up the Christians “🤣
He has been watching Charlton Heston movies again !

Anyhow must run , I’m due for a bleach injection for my TDS.😜

Maybe this isn't the right thread, maybe it's yelling at clouds, but in my life time I've observed the introduction of colour television (yes....it used to be black and white), moon landings (allegedly), the Vietnam War, the Falklands War, the first Iraqi war, any number of other wars, the Berlin Wall collapsing, African famine, Live Aid, Jonestown, the Tutsi and Hutu genocide, Sarajavo, Black Hawk down, the introduction of personal computers, vcr, video cameras and then digital cameras, mobile phones (they haven't always been around), telephone books, melways, libraries, hand written essays, several political assassinations or attempted assassinations, a total solar eclipse and Hayley's comet .... dogwatch can probably add many ... many more things to this list.

And now what I expect will be the implosion of the Republicans. In interesting times I have lived and this is one of them.

If you were 100 years old, it is utterly mind boggling to consider the changes and historical moments you have lived through and been witness to (not that I'm suggesting DW is 100 years old 🤣). And the pace of change ... not necessarily for the better.

Last edited:

Maybe this isn't the right thread, maybe it's yelling at clouds, but in my life time I've observed the introduction of colour television (yes....it used to be black and white), moon landings (allegedly), the Vietnam War, the Falklands War, the first Iraqi war, any number of other wars, the Berlin Wall collapsing, African famine, Live Aid, Jonestown, the Tutsi and Hutu genocide, Sarajavo, Black Hawk down, the introduction of personal computers, vcr, video cameras and then digital cameras, mobile phones (they haven't always been around), telephone books, melways, libraries, hand written essays, several political assassinations or attempted assassinations, a total solar eclipse and Hayley's comet .... dogwatch can probably add many ... many more things to this list.

And now what I expect will be the implosion of the Republicans. In interesting times I have lived and this is one of them

The Republican Party has already gone.
So much of Republican ideals and policy are no longer in the new Trump party.

Reagan would be turning in his grave watching this criminal at the head of his former party.

Reagan would be turning in his grave watching this criminal at the head of his former party.
On more than one level this election is a classic 8-point game.

I feel it's the political recession they needed to have. You need a strong and credible opposition in politics. The Republicans have lost all credibility with Trump.

I expect it will take quite some time to get that back but in the bigger picture it's a good thing if they do. Just get rid of those right wing nutjobs or at least force them to form their own party where they can reliably bank on 20% of the population voting for them and splitting the vote.

How long is it gonna be before it dawns on Republican congressional and senate candidates that they are gonna get their arses handed to them on election day? I reckon the panic will set in about the next official polls. But they've committed, and Trump and Vance have been confirmed as their POTUS and VP nominees. Like the Not Me movement on Veep, there is going to be a host of Republican candidates trying to distance themselves from Trump as they scramble to get back some of the female and young people vote.

I think they're screwed. And I think they'll come to realise it very soon.
Gee I don't know why you are so confident but I hope you're right.

Latest polls still show Trump with a handy lead About 2%), even if the gap has close significantly. And doing well in Georgia (50-46) which is a crucial swing state.

Latest polls still show Trump with a handy lead About 2%), even if the gap has close significantly. And doing well in Georgia (50-46) which is a crucial swing state.
Because they can't stop Trump from talking. He just doesn't understand the concept of STFU.

The Democratic Convention should improve Harris in the polls if she is on point. However more importantly the choice of VP should add a couple of points to her as well. Imagine Shapiro/Kelly vs Vance VP debate!

I heard David Pakman yesterday, commenting that once the dust has settled pollsters and pundits (not Pakman) predict a 6-10 point turn around from Biden to Kelly.

My maths puts that in the 52/48 or 53/47 realm to Harris - which is touch and go with the electoral college. Choice of VP is vital.

Where are all the pro-Trump posters the last 2-3 days?

Payback is how it works. The Dems did to multiple Bush nominees .

Still waiting on your answer stefcep?

I have done 5 minutes of research to catch you out however:

In the summer of 2005, this speculation became newsworthy due to the announcement of the retirement of Associate Justice Sandra Day O'Connor on July 1. President Bush announced federal appellate judge John Roberts as O'Connor's replacement on July 19.

On September 5, two days after the death of Chief Justice William Rehnquist, Bush renominated Roberts as the 17th chief justice of the United States. He was confirmed by the United States Senate on September 29, 2005.[1]

On October 3, Bush nominated White House Counsel Harriet Miers to succeed O'Connor. However, Miers withdrew her nomination on October 27 after facing significant opposition.

On October 31, Bush nominated another federal appellate judge, Samuel Alito, as his new choice to replace O'Connor. Alito was confirmed as the 110th justice of the Supreme Court on January 31, 2006.[2]

**Now the rejection of Miers might be the one you were referring to - she was rejected by the conservatives not the Dems!

Nah , he’s all over it.
MAGA —- make America great again.
STFU —— Super Trump for you

View attachment 2061291
Norm had a good point that while Biden was the presumptive nominee, many Democrat or swing voters would simply not be motivated to turn out to vote. I wonder if that is not now reversed a little.

The Democrats and swing voters seem likely motivated by Harris to turn out. The more unhinged Trump gets .... maybe it's the Republicans (the more moderate ones) that don't turn out. Trump's base will, coz .... robbed last time ... but I'm not sure about the rest.

The Democratic Convention should improve Harris in the polls if she is on point. However more importantly the choice of VP should add a couple of points to her as well. Imagine Shapiro/Kelly vs Vance VP debate!

I heard David Pakman yesterday, commenting that once the dust has settled pollsters and pundits (not Pakman) predict a 6-10 point turn around from Biden to Kelly.

My maths puts that in the 52/48 or 53/47 realm to Harris - which is touch and go with the electoral college. Choice of VP is vital.

Where are all the pro-Trump posters the last 2-3 days?

Mate you have chronic TDS , go get a shot of Bleach , if that doesn’t work have a dose of Ivermectin. 💉
The Trump crew on here would approve 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's been taken out of context.

Some of you have TDS.

View attachment 2061092

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

This is what happens when you have an undisciplined buffoon start to freewheel and move away from the script that somebody else had written and put on the teleprompter. It's pretty obvious that he was supposed to be hitting the Republican talking points about 1 day voting etc. Which in reality is just coded language for their go to tactic of voter suppression. Inevitably the speech once again veered off into one of his stream of conscious rambling tangents where he always gives the game away.

His supplicants can spin it however they like but this is what he said "You won’t have to do it anymore. Four more years, you know what? It’ll be fixed, it’ll be fine. You won’t have to vote anymore, my beautiful Christians..."

Im a reasonable guy. So let's accept that the first part of the quote may have been taken out of context. However, given the audience of crackpots he's in front of. Unless he's talking about the rapture (and who ever knows what the imbecile is talking about) Its much harder to accept that the second part of his sentence was. His intent seems pretty clear. Especially when you combine it with his saying that he's be a dictator for a day or that there are parts of the constitution that should be termination. But sure, like "grabbing a woman by the pussy" thats probably all just locker room talk. And a bit of fun to own the libtards.

Whether or not you choose to believe what he said was taken out of context. His idiocy is a gift for the democrats and they'd be praying he gets out on the stump as much as possible. Because the more he does the more he exposes his intent to wider audience beyond anybody inclined to attend or watch one of his rallies.

You know, normal people.

Last edited:
Mate you have chronic TDS , go get a shot of Bleach , if that doesn’t work have a dose of Ivermectin. 💉
The Trump crew on here would approve 👍
Nah I just don’t like liars, thieves & rapists. I enjoy a good old fashioned online debates based on facts. Looks like the Trump nutters don’t have the stomach for it.

Norm had a good point that while Biden was the presumptive nominee, many Democrat or swing voters would simply not be motivated to turn out to vote. I wonder if that is not now reversed a little.

The Democrats and swing voters seem likely motivated by Harris to turn out. The more unhinged Trump gets .... maybe it's the Republicans (the more moderate ones) that don't turn out. Trump's base will, coz .... robbed last time ... but I'm not sure about the rest.

I suspect a bit of both.
I had long standing work colleagues in the US ( Ohio) Republicans to the core .
Had no time for Biden , but absolutely can’t stand Trump and all he stands for.
They were the ones that sparked my interest in US politics a decade ago.

My guess is they are not going to vote Trump

Still waiting on your answer stefcep?

I have done 5 minutes of research to catch you out however:

In the summer of 2005, this speculation became newsworthy due to the announcement of the retirement of Associate Justice Sandra Day O'Connor on July 1. President Bush announced federal appellate judge John Roberts as O'Connor's replacement on July 19.

On September 5, two days after the death of Chief Justice William Rehnquist, Bush renominated Roberts as the 17th chief justice of the United States. He was confirmed by the United States Senate on September 29, 2005.[1]

On October 3, Bush nominated White House Counsel Harriet Miers to succeed O'Connor. However, Miers withdrew her nomination on October 27 after facing significant opposition.

On October 31, Bush nominated another federal appellate judge, Samuel Alito, as his new choice to replace O'Connor. Alito was confirmed as the 110th justice of the Supreme Court on January 31, 2006.[2]

**Now the rejection of Miers might be the one you were referring to - she was rejected by the conservatives not the Dems!

You might have missed this in the earlier post I made:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/02/01/biden-black-woman-janice-rogers-brown/

in 2003....Biden and his fellow Democrats filibustered her [Janice Rogers Brown] nomination, along with several other Bush circuit court nominees, all of whom had majority support in the Senate. Columnist Robert Novak called it “the first full-scale effort in American history to prevent a president from picking the federal judges he wants.”

In 2001, Democrats blocked the nomination of Miguel Estrada to serve on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit....” They did not want Republicans to put the first Hispanic on the Supreme Court. So, Biden and his fellow Democrats killed Estrada’s nomination — the first appeals court nominee in history to be successfully filibustered. It paid off when President Barack Obama nominated Sonia Sotomayor as the first Hispanic justice.

This is what happens when you have an undisciplined buffoon start to freewheel and move away from the script that somebody else had written and put on the teleprompter. It's pretty obvious that he was supposed to be hitting the Republican talking points about 1 day voting etc. Which in reality is just coded language for go to tactic of voter suppression. Inevitably the speech once again veered off into one of his stream of conscious rambling tangents where he always gives the game away.

His supplicants can spin it however they like but this is what he said "You won’t have to do it anymore. Four more years, you know what? It’ll be fixed, it’ll be fine. You won’t have to vote anymore, my beautiful Christians..."

Im a reasonable guy. So let's accept that the first part of the quote may have been taken out of context. However, given the audience of crackpots he's in front of. Unless he's talking about the rapture (and who ever knows what the imbecile is talking about) Its much harder to accept that the second part of his sentence was. His intent seems pretty clear. Especially when you combine it with his saying that he's be a dictator for a day or that there are parts of the constitution that should be termination. But sure, like "grabbing a woman by the pussy" thats probably all just locker room talk. And a bit of fun to own the libtards.

Whether or not you choose to believe what he said was taken out of context. His idiocy is a gift for the democrats and they'd be praying he gets out on the stump as much as possible. Because the more he does the more he exposes his intent to wider audience beyond anybody inclined to attend or watch one of his rallies.

You know, normal people.

Of course he also wants to get back to only voting on the day , a working Tuesday.
Let’s disenfranchise as many working class as possible!
Wonder why ?

The new “ Republican Party “ don’t like people voting these days , in some of their Red states it’s illegal to give water to those in long queues!
Queues they are actively engineering to make longer.

Even at their worst after the first debate. The polls were not showing a decided swing towards Trump. Which is not a surprise given he has never had an approval rating above 50% or shown a willingness to temper his rhetoric enough to expand his base beyond the hard core MAGAites. Even Biden once had an approval rating of 58%. But they were showing that likely Democrat voters were moving into the undecided column.

Trump still has the clearest path to an electoral college victory. But the gap between the two parties has narrowed considerably since they took Biden out for a walk behind the shed and metaphorically shot him.

Of course he also wants to get back to only voting on the day , a working Tuesday.
Wonder why ?

The new “ Republican Party “ don’t like people voting these days , in some of their Red states it’s illegal to give water to those in long queues!

All of the Republican talk of some day voting/counting etc. Is just a means of disenfranchising the poor, the working class, people of colour and migrants with citizenship.

Then theres the shenanigans that states like Texas conducts that purges hundred of thousands of people from the electoral rolls on ant technicality without informing them. Or the inherent advantages that the archaic electoral college system bestows on the Republican Party.

The land of Democracy and Freedom. Hell yeah, brother!

Even at their worst after the first debate. The polls were not showing a decided swing towards Trump. Which is not a surprise given he has never had an approval rating above 50% or shown a willingness to temper his rhetoric enough to expand his base beyond the hard core MAGAites. Even Biden once had an approval rating of 58%. But they were showing that likely Democrat voters were moving into the undecided column.

Trump still has the clearest path to an electoral college victory. But the gap between the two parties has narrowed considerably since they took Biden out for a walk behind the shed and metaphorically shot him.

All of the Republican talk of some day voting/counting etc. Is just a means of disenfranchising the poor, the working class, people of colour and migrants with citizenship.

Then theres the shenanigans that states like Texas conducts that purges hundred of thousands of people from the electoral rolls on ant technicality without informing them. Or the inherent advantages that the archaic electoral college system bestows on the Republican Party.

Fact is election day by statute is the Tuesday next after the first Monday in November.

In any case, fact is most States allow early voting and all States have absentee voting. If people want to vote, they have multiple ways to do it.

The electoral college system is desgined to strengthen democracy, not weaken it. It guards against what is known as the tyranny of the majority. It stops like-voting groups living in densely populated states forcing their will over smaller populations living on less densely populated lands far away.

Just another point about the allegations of voter supression being levelled at Republicans. Most of the proposaled bills criminalize voter fraud. Why do Democrats have a problem with that?

In any case there are only a handful those bills, which are dwarfed by the 162 bills that would improve voter access or election administration.

It amounts to more disinformation from the Leftist activists.

Wonder why ?

This whole notion of people being able to vote in a democracy is extremely inconvenient. It gets even more inconvenient for the "haves" party as the population of the "have nots" increases and the gap between the two widens.

Under those circumstances, the "have nots" tend to forget who they should be grateful to and who they should vote for, if they vote at all.

For their own good, the preservation of the American Dream and the good of the country, this needs to be either mitigated or corrected to the point where the right result is ensured.

Fact is election day by statute is the Tuesday next after the first Monday in November.

In any case, fact is most States allow early voting and all States have absentee voting. If people want to vote, they have multiple ways to do it.

The electoral college system is desgined to strengthen democracy, not weaken it. It guards against what is known as the tyranny of the majority. It stops like-voting groups living in densely populated states forcing their will over smaller populations living on less densely populated lands far away.
Whilst the electoral college might guard against the tyranny of the majority, it goes a long way to assisting the tyranny of the minority.

Hard to to think of a more sh1t system. Completely archaic and disproportional in terms of influence on an outcome

Whilst the electoral college might guard against the tyranny of the majority, it goes a long way to assisting the tyranny of the minority.

Hard to to think of a more sh1t system. Completely archaic and disproportional in terms of influence on an outcome
Hard to think of a more sh&t system? Try most of the world.
The system is working the best it can, people, especially lawyers will always be able to weasel around any system if they have bad intentions. The electoral college was designed to diffuse power. Their whole constitution is set up this way. Their system is designed to have to work with the opposing voices for most legislation, slightly differently to Westminster style who have a clear winner and a mandate for the length of their term. There is a continuing diffusion of power, it makes things slow and messy, but that is fine, good system, full of bad actors at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Otherworldly Circus - The America Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back