Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 4 is here:

You’ve still got old fogies who can’t figure out how to use Spotify or Netflix

The sound quality is much better on a cd compared to what you can download, not that I've bought a cd for about 20 years, I ripped them all onto hard drive around the turn of the century and the actual cds are still sitting in a big removal box out in my gargae. Same with the dvds, ripped them all years ago, sold all the kids ones off, kept the classic Disney's and a few other collections and the rest are sitting in the garage in boxes, I dunno what for.

The sound quality is much better on a cd compared to what you can download, not that I've bought a cd for about 20 years, I ripped them all onto hard drive around the turn of the century and the actual cds are still sitting in a big removal box out in my gargae. Same with the dvds, ripped them all years ago, sold all the kids ones off, kept the classic Disney's and a few other collections and the rest are sitting in the garage in boxes, I dunno what for.

Is the sound quality really better?

Streaming services are great, but the internet isn't always reliable. I still have a drawer full of DVDs because there's a drawer in the cabinet under the TV and I don't know what else to do with them. Would be good to have a couple of fallback movies on hand if you had kids I reckon. Like a modern day deck of cards for when the power goes out.

I did find it funny when Disney+ came out and a few people I know (mainly grown women in their 30s) got super excited about it despite having entire shelves of Disney DVDs of all the same content.

Without wanting to sound like an absolute looper, I saw a shooting star about five minutes ago basically in a SSW’erly direction, relatively low in the skyline. Anyone else that can corroborate seeing anything?
International space station orbits multiple times daily. It's the most likely source. You can check a website to see where and when to look at your location.

Is the sound quality really better?

Streaming services are great, but the internet isn't always reliable. I still have a drawer full of DVDs because there's a drawer in the cabinet under the TV and I don't know what else to do with them. Would be good to have a couple of fallback movies on hand if you had kids I reckon. Like a modern day deck of cards for when the power goes out.

I did find it funny when Disney+ came out and a few people I know (mainly grown women in their 30s) got super excited about it despite having entire shelves of Disney DVDs of all the same content.
Main place I've really noticed a massive difference between a proper CD and mp3 is in a decent car stereo.

Main place I've really noticed a massive difference between a proper CD and mp3 is in a decent car stereo.

What about Spotify, iTunes etc?

I remember in the early days of mp3s and sharing them on Napster that often sound quality would get lost depending on how much the file was compressed during the conversion from CD. These days people steam 4K movies so a 4MB mp3 isn't such a big deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course not. It was your stock standard bullshit PR written apology you hear all the time.

Don’t think I’d call this stock standard

More along the lines of

D8ED4803-3848-4D2A-AE86-A6B21E69FC19.gif

Basil: I am the Lord Mayor of the City Of Perth.

Also Basil:
maxresdefault.jpg

I don't think his apology helped either.
the "sorry if you were offended", followed up with the "I forgot I was the Lord Mayor of Perth," is a truly impressive effort from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back