Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 4 is here:

McGowan's political instincts continue to be good.

I still think more people in WA are in favour of the current border restrictions but the tide was turning so he got out in front of it.
i hope if he announces it is open to Qld, the Qld premier turns around and says we dont want WA people travelling here as they have more cases.
would be a good troll

Oh fu** yeah.

I didn't know he had a cult following.

bwa haha he has a Facebook fan page and a personal manager 🤣

Good news, fellow Australians - the hard border is being dismantled as of November 14.

For people in Australia other than in NSW and Victoria, effectively free travel. For people in NSW and Victoria - self isolation plus a mandatory test on day 11 of quarantine. A sensible compromise in my view which leads to possible full resumption of domestic tourism by Christmas.

Good news, fellow Australians - the hard border is being dismantled as of November 14.

For people in Australia other than in NSW and Victoria, effectively free travel. For people in NSW and Victoria - self isolation plus a mandatory test on day 11 of quarantine. A sensible compromise in my view which leads to possible full resumption of domestic tourism by Christmas.

We shouldn't bring down the hard border until Cricket Australia (ie. Cricket Eastern States) agrees to give us a test match against India.

Disgraceful that WA and Optus Stadium isn't hosting a test match here this summer or even any ODIs or T20s.

we should all thank Clive Palmer (still a w***er though) for this

November 4 was always going to get embarrassing for McGowan

I hope the court hearing proceeds and the outcome across the land is to enshrine criminal prosecution for blatant and knowing breaches of the constitution for politicians AND any government official obeying UNLAWFUL orders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

good on the ABC for this article

Advocacy organisation Human Rights Watch (HRW) has joined growing calls for Western Australia's hard border to be softened, suggesting the current system prioritises people returning for work over those with mental health concerns.

what a shame it took the involvement of human rights, the abc and the high court (impending) for our government to respect the law

good on the ABC for this article

Advocacy organisation Human Rights Watch (HRW) has joined growing calls for Western Australia's hard border to be softened, suggesting the current system prioritises people returning for work over those with mental health concerns.

what a shame it took the involvement of human rights, the abc and the high court (impending) for our government to respect the law

Rubbish - he has always said he would follow health advice and he has and make no mistake he will not give two ****s about the human rights commission, the abc or Clive Palmer should he thinks he needs to shut the border again

what he should be doing now is sending the message regularly about the importance of social distancing, staying home if we are sick and encouraging the wearing of face masks in enclosed spaces such as public transport - much as everyone will whine its these small changes that will continue to allow us to lead the very enjoyable lives we currently lead because as it stands right now, we are that blasé it ain’t even funny

I hope the court hearing proceeds and the outcome across the land is to enshrine criminal prosecution for blatant and knowing breaches of the constitution for politicians AND any government official obeying UNLAWFUL orders.

lmao

Rubbish - he has always said he would follow health advice and he has and make no mistake he will not give two fu**s about the human rights commission, the abc or Clive Palmer should he thinks he needs to shut the border again

what he should be doing now is sending the message regularly about the importance of social distancing, staying home if we are sick and encouraging the wearing of face masks in enclosed spaces such as public transport - much as everyone will whine its these small changes that will continue to allow us to lead the very enjoyable lives we currently lead because as it stands right now, we are that blasé it ain’t even funny

follow health advice or selectively follow health advice? why has he chosen to accept the health advice given to him for months, just ahead of the high court hearing?

further I'd prefer a premier act within the powers of the constitution and if he wishes to change sections, then to respect our democratic process

we should all thank Clive Palmer (still a w***er though) for this

November 4 was always going to get embarrassing for McGowan

And what about Clive's unlawful actions over the years? Any constitution that allows him to get away with the shit he has isn't worth a pinch of shit IMO.

While I agree that we should have had our borders opened earlier(at least to some of the other states), I find it very hard to summon any sort of empathy for Clive and his marauding ways - he's just an LNP patsy anyway. **** him.

WA might be bringing down the hard border but I've heard that Basil is bringing in a hard border for the City of Perth.

Questionable genders to go into quarantine until Basil checks their privates and determines if they are a bloke or a woman.

If the gender they tell Basil doesn't match up to what he thinks is right then they should push off and find another City or State.

Leave Basil alone to run the City of Perth the way he wants it to run.

Maybe it was influenced by Palmer, maybe not. Regardless, I'm very happy that these steps have been taken. I'm sick of some elements of the WA community expecting that they can carry on as normal during a pandemic while leaving all of the personal sacrifice to others. It has been a dispiriting year in that regard. I don't want any cold feet from the government and they really need to do an aggressive campaign regarding social distancing and masks. No restrictions, but a strong message.

I cannot believe Liza Harvey though, after months of criticising the borders her comment today was " We've been calling for broader exemptions to be available — I don't think we were expecting the borders to be lifted the way they have". Idiot.

Liza Harvey is a lovely lady, ******* hopeless leader.

Lovely lady? She has a resting bitch face, even if McGowan wasn't the King of WA she would have no chance of winning an election.

Rita Saffioti would take her to the cleaners.

Lovely lady? She has a resting b*tch face, even if McGowan wasn't the King of WA she would have no chance of winning an election.

Yes she is a lovely lady and yes Rita Saffioti would take her to the cleaners. I thought I made it clear when I said ******* hopeless leader. Carry on arguing with yourself.

Lovely lady? She has a resting b*tch face, even if McGowan wasn't the King of WA she would have no chance of winning an election.

Only if there was a dinner at Council House as part of the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back