Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 4 is here:

Queensland Liberals wiped Labor off the map back in 2012, won 78 of 89 seats, Premier Campbell Newman lost his seat at the next election, Labor formed minority government and have held power since. Things can and do change fast in modern politics.

After the next election, Labor will have been in power for eight years, they will be looking tired to many in the electorate. Many of the blue ribbon seats will flip back to the Libs and it will be much closer.

There was talk of not having enough seats to have a quorum
Im wondering if the Libs will have that problem in WA

Newman did sack most of the Public service and tried to privatise everything so it turned quickly against him
Dont think anything that radical is going to happen in WA

There was talk of not having enough seats to have a quorum
Im wondering if the Libs will have that problem in WA

Newman did sack most of the Public service and tried to privatise everything so it turned quickly against him
Dont think anything that radical is going to happen in WA
Newman got drunk with power, thought he could force all the unpopular measures through in his first term because he was guaranteed a second, only to lose it. McGowan is savvier than that, will have learnt from it. I wouldn’t expect the same from him. Labor should get a third term from here, but there will be a correction. Seats like Nedlands won’t stay red once the pandemic is over.

Any place that doesn't do democracy sausages should be shut down.

Anyone else see the 'No Mandatory Vaccine Party'?
Quite a few signs down south. Kind of them to shield the other rabble parties from being last on my ballot.

Newman got drunk with power, thought he could force all the unpopular measures through in his first term because he was guaranteed a second, only to lose it. McGowan is savvier than that, will have learnt from it. I wouldn’t expect the same from him. Labor should get a third term from here, but there will be a correction. Seats like Nedlands won’t stay red once the pandemic is over.

He wasn't drunk. Being an arseh*le is who he is.

How will your team handle the lock downs this year?

this is going to be the real issue moving forward

we know the vaccine does not prevent one from getting covid. So how will we protect the vulnerable from spreaders, who being vaccinated, carry on their ordinary lives not knowing they are sick.

perhaps we should have consideedr this 12 months ago, when this was already a known.

McGowan has already bagged the prom queen, no need to keep wining and dining the poor woman.

Borders will remain open as it's "best medical advice"

Will there be a real opposition in WA again in the next decade? How does a party get enough swing to gain even a dozen of these seats back, let alone form government. If the senate goes Labor's way they will be pushing bills through unopposed for at least 2 terms.

Based on recent poor form by WA Libs, on top of the wipe out, they will take a long time to recover. Who are the two liberals who won seats?

They will need an outsider, perhaps a celebrity to take the reigns, who is backed by a wealthy man and has experience in politics, perhaps a mayor.

But where will the Libs find someone like that?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based on recent poor form by WA Libs, on top of the wipe out, they will take a long time to recover. Awhile are the two liberals who won seats?

They will need an outsider, perhaps a celebrity to take the reigns, who is backed by a wealthy man and has experience in politics, perhaps a mayor.

But where will the Libs find someone like that?

I reckon it has probably always been his aim, but this might accelerate that.

Thought the resounding victory last night would have silenced the haters for at least 24 hours...
Not sure calling out a government for ensuring that people have no choice but to turn around and go back to where they come from or spend two weeks in isolation is "hating".

But then again I guess not one single person on that flight was arriving in Perth for anything other than to take jobs or women or whatever it is.

Not sure calling out a government for ensuring that people have no choice but to turn around and go back to where they come from or spend two weeks in isolation is "hating".

But then again I guess not one single person on that flight was arriving in Perth for anything other than to take jobs or women or whatever it is.

Whatever your views, last night was a clear and unambiguous endorsement of the government's past four years - including their handling of the COVID pandemic.

Thought that would be impossible to argue with, even if you are of the belief the voters are sheep or victims of Stockholm syndrome.

Whatever your views, last night was a clear and unambiguous endorsement of the government's past four years - including their handling of the COVID pandemic.

Thought that would be impossible to argue with, even if you are of the belief the voters are sheep or victims of Stockholm syndrome.
What does that have to do with anything? Some of these people would have jumped on that plane to visit loved ones, sick or dead family or even to visit children. Celebrating your team winning whilst shitting on these people who have no skin in the game says a lot about a person.

What does that have to do with anything? Some of these people would have jumped on that plane to visit loved ones, sick or dead family or even to visit children. Celebrating your team winning whilst shitting on these people who have no skin in the game says a lot about a person.

That no matter your views on the restrictions and other COVID measures imposed by the WA government, that last night's results demonstrated a strong endorsement of the restrictions and other COVID measures by the WA voters.

It also strongly demonstrated there was no realistic alternative. I'm not a McGowan hater but he has been very smug since the Libs imploded and put Kirkup into the hot seat. McGowan has not been perfect and he has also had the easiest run of any WA premier I've seen. The pandemic has been very good for his career given WAs geographic isolation meaning he really hasn't had to do a lot to appear to be a superhero to a lot of people.

It also strongly demonstrated there was no realistic alternative. I'm not a McGowan hater but he has been very smug since the Libs imploded and put Kirkup into the hot seat. McGowan has not been perfect and he has also had the easiest run of any WA premier I've seen. The pandemic has been very good for his career given WAs geographic isolation meaning he really hasn't had to do a lot to appear to be a superhero to a lot of people.

Of course he was helped by an incompetent Opposition, but overall this was essentially a referendum on how he and his government handled the pandemic and the results at the ballot box very much speak for themselves. You can argue whether it's the right result, you can dispute the harsh or unjust measures, you can dismiss those who swung to Labor as ignorant or ill-informed - but you cannot argue, dispute or dismiss what happened on election night.

Of course he was helped by an incompetent Opposition, but overall this was essentially a referendum on how he and his government handled the pandemic and the results at the ballot box very much speak for themselves. You can argue whether it's the right result, you can dispute the harsh or unjust measures, you can dismiss those who swung to Labor as ignorant or ill-informed - but you cannot argue, dispute or dismiss what happened on election night.
Wasn't aware I was? Don't be a sore winner mate. Whether you mean to or not you're coming off as smug as McGowan with repetitive speeches like this.

Wasn't aware I was? Don't be a sore winner mate. Whether you mean to or not you're coming off as smug as McGowan with repetitive speeches like this.

More a reference to a couple of recent posters in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back