The Philadelphia Experiment - Pulmonary Contusion

Remove this Banner Ad

Buddy is limited, Any team would be crazy to take him top 6-8

Less inclined to take him at 3 after his game against Nova, but unless he succumbs to a serious injury he's almost certainly going in the top 8. It's a 2+1 player draft (depending on Bender's availability). 4 - 9 haven't separated their game from each other enough, so it's easily justifiable why you could take one player over the other. But right now I'd lean more to Dunn if we only landed the 3rd pick.

Any idiot can tank for years and accumulate picks. But that bad for at least three years? I get to some small extent what he was trying to do. The Astros in baseball stunk it up for a few years and now we have one of the best farm systems in the league and are on the way up. But baseball doesn't have the lottery and even if it did the difference between first and third pick is not as great as that in the NBA.

Plus Astros picked a good mix of players between pitchers and position players. No gaping holes in key positions such as guard or small forward.

With so many young guys you need to surround them with some veterans/leaders to help show them the way especially in the NBA with so many divas. Would Embiid and Okafor been pulled more in line with some more wise heads around?

Yeah and Brett Brown came out after Hinkie was sacked to say they were planning to sign some FAs. But how many players will be willing to come in this state? Porzingis' agent refused Hinkie access to his physical or any work outs.

You're assuming what is, will always will be, which again is such a narrow minded way to look at this.

To put it in your words: Any idiot can build a 40 win team.

Less inclined to take him at 3 after his game against Nova, but unless he succumbs to a serious injury he's almost certainly going in the top 8. It's a 2+1 player draft (depending on Bender's availability). 4 - 9 haven't separated their game from each other enough, so it's easily justifiable why you could take one player over the other. But right now I'd lean more to Dunn if we only landed the 3rd pick.

You're assuming what is, will always will be, which again is such a narrow minded way to look at this.

To put it in your words: Any idiot can build a 40 win team.

I'm not assuming that at all. There's lots of different ways to build. What Morey/Hinkie did at the Rockets was different to the norm in some ways and somewhat successful and many teams followed suit.

What Hinkie was trying to do at 76ers to me is narrow minded. What about building culture? What kind of message is it for a team of youngsters with no real leaders around to be at a club that for three years is saying it's ok not to win, regardless of the long term goal? Hard to attract FAs there and as can be seen by Porzingis' stance.

Anyway it will be interesting to see if Hinkie tries this again at another team if he gets the chance, and the reaction from fans if he's given the licence to do so. I think he'd do things differently.

What hinkie did is no different to what presti did, he had the luxury of some deeper drafts and some luck along the way. Yet presti is lauded as some genius when he's butt ****ed his squad

Embiid was the right choice in a weak as piss draft. It was 2 players deep and embiid was the logical choice. Gordon has only just started showing anything, and who else would you really take over him?

I thought they should have taken the flyer on pork zinger, but can't argue with choosing Ja, he's a beast down low. Ok it's not the best fit, but again, it's pick 3 and they were hard after Russell. At worst he's an asset they can flip.

Flip side is Minny end up with wiggy (yes a trade) and kat. Philly in the same draft get embiid and ja.

I should just save my philly posts, they end up being the same God damn argument every time

I should just save my philly posts, they end up being the same God damn argument every time

Each side of this has taken their views 3 years ago and haven't wavered in their opinion, for better or worse.

What Hinkie was trying to do at 76ers to me is narrow minded. What about building culture? What kind of message is it for a team of youngsters with no real leaders around to be at a club that for three years is saying it's ok not to win, regardless of the long term goal? Hard to attract FAs there and as can be seen by Porzingis' stance.

But now you're assuming things about team culture. There was certainly a perception around the league about the Sixers, but you only had to go and ask a player if any of that stuff was real to get shut down pretty quickly.

From Thomas Robinson after we claimed him last year:

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/thomas-robinson-finally-finds-a-home-with-sixers/

However, for Robinson, it’s back to losing, which he says he doesn’t mind considering the lofty big picture the Sixers organization has for itself.

“Understanding the situation, understanding that we are young and rebuilding, it’s going to be a tough stage,” Robinson said. “That’s what the outside world sees right now, but once I got here and saw the inside of things, I see that Coach [Brett] Brown is trying to restructure this organization and is doing it the right way. People have to understand that it is going to take time.”

Robinson thinks that the losing will all be part of a much bigger narrative down the road, not just for the team but for his own career.

This year was bad, no doubt. Unexpected even, but injuries early and injuries late made it what it is. The Okafor stuff didn't help, and looks even worse now considering that it brought Jerry to this team, but none of that was reason to fire Hinkie, especially now.

Josh Harris set for a presser before the Bucks game. Probably with the ****ing Colagnelos

I hope he gets called out, Uncle Jerry too.

Taking names for a new thread title too, if anyone has any suggestions.

Unbelievable.

Josh couldn't have looked any more dumber. As soon as John Gonzalez got in with his Qs Harris looked as incompetent as Vivek. The optics, as it were, of not even having Jerry there is ****ing amazing. The nerds got in bed with the jock, and as soon as the jock started telling them what to do they bent over backwards to appease. Zero emotional intelligence for Harris. I'm sure to some extent, at least certainly after the presser he understands he ****ed up. Doesn't make feel any better though.

FWIW Bryan did sound competent. But his record doesn't exactly inspire confidence. I believe him when he says he's not about to do any real deviations from 'the process' but **** it's only going to take one thing for this fan base to lose it. An Embiid trade, or a short sighted Saric trade and I'ma commit murder.

And even more than that we've lost Hinkie's IP. The narrative of Hinkie not being a good talent evaluator is just so much bullshit. I was just as excited to see who we would have got/done with the Miami and OKC picks than I was with our own pick. Now I don't what the ****'s going to happen re scouting because you know Colangelo hasn't been watching shit. Apparently we've lost 4 of Hinkie's analytics guys as well who've handed or are going to hand in their resignations.

Gonna go hibernate, and forget who's running this team and just care about the players. Be well JoJo.

No way you trade Embiid. His currency is too low at the moment. I'd say Ja would find himself as the first in line if an offer came in. Failing that if a godfather offer came in for Nerlens.

There's so many talent scouts and evaluators working under the GM that the IP point isn't a huge deal. Besides, it won't take much effort to pick Ingram :p

There's so many talent scouts and evaluators working under the GM that the IP point isn't a huge deal. Besides, it won't take much effort to pick Ingram :p

Hinkie was different though. Fans had faith in his picks, primarily because he was the lead decision maker. It wasn't a Kings think tank type situation, he knew what he was seeing of players, and used analytics to inform his decision. Was the only GM to see Mudiay play in China, was constantly on the road watching college ball. His voice, was what was coming out of those Jerami, Holmes even K.J picks. Colangelo probably has no idea who Furkan Korkmaz is.

Speaking of which...24 & 26. Would package them to move up and pick up a guy like Furkan, given how thin the draft gets up there. See little potential for sleepers, that aren't 6`10 in that range.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Colangelo making his first front office moves...

See Eversely as a bit of a hack hire, but Cohen is getting praise from Lowe and Woj.

Cohen's role with the NBA seems to have been draft related, but how that positions himself to our draft I don't really know especially if Colangelo hasn't been doing any real scouting this year, which I believe he hasn't.

Cautiously optimistic though.

1 or 2 is the priority. I've taken the day off work because if we don't get it I'm just going to be in the shittiest mood possible. Please Gods, ****ing please.

I'm okay if we don't get 4, only because next year's draft class is much strong and wing and guard heavy. Though that's reliant on the Lakers not being markedly improved so I'd still probably rather have 4 than 10 or something.

Probably the most important Sixers day since the Game 7 of the ECF in 2001. Or even 96 draft. Just huge.

I didn't mind a few months ago when Hinkie was here if we don't the Laker pick, but now with BC here I'm fearful it'll be flipped for trash.

This is the problem. Even if we do get 4 it might still get flipped for trash. Whole lottery has me less hype than I was a month ago. It's Embiid, Saric and potentially Ingram/Simmons that's keeping me from just flipping off the franchise and saying sayonara.

Not to mention today we became the first N.American team to get a sponsor on our journey with Stubhub. Between Hinkie's resignation and this we've literally had to sacrifice our souls to Lucifer in the Flesh. We better be getting those goddamn picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Philadelphia Experiment - Pulmonary Contusion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back