The Philadelphia Experiment - Pulmonary Contusion

Remove this Banner Ad

So take this with some of the usual caveats whenever you hear stuff like this but...

Got told by a mate whose boss does work with young Aussie ballers - prepping them for college I think - and is goods mates with Dave Simmons (Ben's dad), who has apparently said to Ben to pack his bags and get ready to go to Philadelphia.

This isn't conclusive, because a lot can change and my mate pointed out that his management might still want to push him to LA, but as far as getting resistance from Ben and his family, I'm don't think there will be any. Coupled with the fact that Brown has a relationship with Dave too.

And reading into Brett's comments since yesterday, you get the feeling that they have Simmons over Ingram.

Would be pleased if that was accurate.

I said earlier in the season I wanted Simmons over Ingram and I stick by it, even if he's not as good a fit. The talent he is, we should be working around him and I still think it'd be a mistake to pass up on him.

48 hrs later and I may have come around on him over Ingram too. We're worrying about fit right now, but think draft night our team is going to make a lot more sense.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Not sure how legit but some Okafor to Boston rumours heating up.

They've been around for 6 months havent they?

It would be a win/win really. Philly get their point in Dunn, Boston get their big man, and arguably a guy that would go at 1 in this draft. Might need another pick in there, a second rounder or something

Yeah I think there was some stuff floating around just after the trade deadline that Ainge was keen on it. Draft night can't come soon enough.

Will be interesting to see who the Sixers actually keep on the roster next season.

I'd guess something like the following from the roster this year stay on.

Landry (owed 6.7mil, guess he could be used in a deal to match salaries somewhere)
Embiid
Okafor (possibly moved draft night)
Nerlens
Stauskas
Holmes
Covington
Hollis
Jerami
TJ

Wouldn't surprise me if Ish ended up getting re-signed to something small if we can't fill the PG void by other means. Please god, get a pg that isn't Ish.

Yeah I think there was some stuff floating around just after the trade deadline that Ainge was keen on it. Draft night can't come soon enough.

Will be interesting to see who the Sixers actually keep on the roster next season.

I'd guess something like the following from the roster this year stay on.

Landry (owed 6.7mil, guess he could be used in a deal to match salaries somewhere)
Embiid
Okafor (possibly moved draft night)
Nerlens
Stauskas
Holmes
Covington
Hollis
Jerami
TJ

Wouldn't surprise me if Ish ended up getting re-signed to something small if we can't fill the PG void by other means. Please god, get a pg that isn't Ish.
Tony Wroten?

I'd hate it if they signed anything Ish to anything more than a 1 year deal. I'll trumpet the Ish Smith MVP, but facts are he was pretty bad after the initial injection he brought. Should not be starting him next season. Hinkie was into Schroder. That might still be on the table.

Listened to Brett Brown on the TrueHoop podcast, and they're high on the Dunn, Murray, Hield guard trio. Shipping Okafor for 3 (and 16 or Bradley) would have to be considered but questions about a Dunn and Simmons fit are being asked. Dunn shot 37% from three, high turnover rate.

Murray and even Hield would make more sense. Guys liked Bodner think that if we're getting #3 then Bender should be in play as well. Strong defender, has an outside stroke, has potential to play at 3. He's definitely on a tier on his own just below Simmons and Ingram and it would make sense for the Celts to just draft him.

Either way, a lot's reliant on Colangelo not selling short on expected trade value. Don't have the same confidence that I do in Hinkie, here's hoping he proves us wrong.

And future but unrelated news, that Sac future first that we got in in the Stauskas trade is now officially unprotected in 2019. He set the future of this franchise up so bloody well, it's ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok I am pretty much a complete basketball novice.

I follow and get that we have drafted tall three drafts in a row and we can only play 2 of them together. Why is Noel favoured so much, compared to okafor if okafor is the scorer and "could go 1 in this years draft"?

Is it just that okafor can't defend and we don't know if embid can play defence or not either?

Is the NBA coming like AFL where even the biga need to be able to defend? And in that we couldn't carry more than one guy who is shaky on the defence?

Ok I am pretty much a complete basketball novice.

I follow and get that we have drafted tall three drafts in a row and we can only play 2 of them together. Why is Noel favoured so much, compared to okafor if okafor is the scorer and "could go 1 in this years draft"?

Is it just that okafor can't defend and we don't know if embid can play defence or not either?

Is the NBA coming like AFL where even the biga need to be able to defend? And in that we couldn't carry more than one guy who is shaky on the defence?
I'm kinda tanked but i'll do my best to say why Nerlens is a better fit. Rim protection is massive when it comes to the NBA, Nerlens is not only an elite rim protector but the way the league is going where you have guys playing the 1 -4 positions who could shoot the 3 ball, penetrate, defensive schemes are being build around switching as opposed to just man 2 man coverage, Nerlens also excels in this. He's a guy who's super athletic who can run the floor and is an elite defender, it's not even just his steal/block numbers, you can just see it when he plays with line ups that fit him the difference he makes on the court.

The likelyhood imo if Embiid is everything we dream he is, is that Nerlens will prob end up getting traded at some point too just because he's too good to be a bench player and will command something good in a trade down the line, I think Okafor is likely a career 20+ PPG, multiple all star guy but his defense is just other wordly bad and his 20PPG is going to be the result of him having a super high usage as opposed to him actually fitting into a winning system. Nerlens just fits more since he's an elite defender and fits more in the modern game where the ball is dominated by guards.

Maybe it all loops around again and post oriented big men dominate again, but it doesnt look like something happening anytime soon.

Jahlil is just a massive ball stopper and it really kills offensive possessions because A. you need to dedicate the time it takes to get it in the post and B.all the time it takes him to actually produce in the post, this burns a ton of time on offensive possessions when you only have 24 seconds that can be better used in other ways.

Would love to see Okafor come off the bench, surrounded by 3 and D guys, running a second team basically.

It might be a possibility, if the right trade doesn't come along, but he is basically unplayable with Simmons.

Any chance Delly would go to the 6ers if you guys offered decent coin for him? He'd be a decent acquisition imo.
He should get decent offers from a number of teams. He would be a good match with Simmons, but I'd wait and see what happens in the draft - get Dunn in an Okafor trade or pick up a Wade Baldwin, and have TJ off the bench - before I think about offering him a contract.

A few articles saying that Philly will "step away from the process" by trading away either Noel or okafor...

What did they think hinkies plan was to hold all 3 talls?

Te rebuild was only ever going to take hold this season as the assets are ready to be traded and we bring in the first pick to build around finally.

A few articles saying that Philly will "step away from the process" by trading away either Noel or okafor...

What did they think hinkies plan was to hold all 3 talls?

Te rebuild was only ever going to take hold this season as the assets are ready to be traded and we bring in the first pick to build around finally.
It's exactly what hinkie would be doing but the lol media still find a way to turn it into a way of shitting on him.

Haven't read much about the hinkie stuff but is it essentially that hinkie was the GM and started/ had the plan of the rebuild process and then the 76ers randomly fired him this season because the plan/rebuild was taking too long?

Why was the firing of hinkie such a big deal?

Haven't read much about the hinkie stuff but is it essentially that hinkie was the GM and started/ had the plan of the rebuild process and then the 76ers randomly fired him this season because the plan/rebuild was taking too long?

Because it was based on the bullshit mountain of nepotism, and caving in to the national media rather than for any justifiable reason.

hi guys

all the best for the draft. as a lakers fan, id be happy with either player. in fact was happy with no 2 pick., less pressure!

Hi pete,

Backroom chatter about Okafor + your 2017 pick back for #2. Thoughts?

Hinkie wasn't fired. He resigned. He was basically forced in to an untenable position, but he jumped before he was pushed.

What Hinkie did was nothing new. It has been discussed for many years on fan sites. But no team has ever gone out and done it quite to the extent that the Sixers did. Mainly because it's tuff for fans to swallow, and more importantly, it effects League revenue as all teams share one big pot of combined revenue.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Philadelphia Experiment - Pulmonary Contusion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back