The Philadelphia Experiment - Pulmonary Contusion

Remove this Banner Ad

I see Boston at #3 for Okafor as a pretty realistic possibility, which would still get us a Dunn.

I salivate at the possibility of a Simmons & Embiid paring. But I love Ingram's game and at a full year younger think we've only just started tapping into what he could become.

Worried about Simmons` jumper and him getting into the Rich Paul camp, but right now it's hard to argue that he's not the more talented player and that if he gets a jumper he's the more complete player too.

Saric coming over I think is the thing that makes it a really tough decision, drafting Ingram and moving Okafor gives a front court of Nerlens/Saric/Ingram which is pretty damn sexy as far as fit goes, not to mention in a perfect world Embiid is able to play like 20 - 25mins a game and then having Covington come off the bench as a 3+D guy who can play the 3 and 4 in some line ups it starts to become a nice rotation.

Wing creation was such a massive struggle this season since Roco can't really dribble and neither can any of the other guys, would sure be a nice change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Checking out who we've got on the books next year

PG - McConnell/Marshall
SG - Stauskas
SF - Covington/Grant
PF - Landry/Holmes
C - Embiid/Noel/Okafor

Canaan, Smith, Brand and Wood are out of contract. Hollis has a team option.

You could make a case, albeit a small one to bring back the shooters. Hollis is easy cause we'd be on the hook for just 1 mil. Reckon Colangelo will go the mid-tier vet route however.

24 and 26 will be interesting. Want to see a package for them both to move to mid tier first round. Love the Euros in Luwawu and Korkmaz. Could see either fit straight into the 2 spot.

And yeah 365 days until we seek out that Kings pick swap and Laker pick too :cool:

Like him over Simmons or just for Phila fit?
They are pretty even. Brandon has the attitude and shooting. Simmons has more of a handle and passing skills.

You guys desperately need a scorer, a wing and a point. Ingram checks the first two.

Of course if you do look to deal embiid, ja or nerlens I'd rethink things. Nerlens and Simmons would be a great fit

They are pretty even. Brandon has the attitude and shooting. Simmons has more of a handle and passing skills.

You guys desperately need a scorer, a wing and a point. Ingram checks the first two.

Of course if you do look to deal embiid, ja or nerlens I'd rethink things. Nerlens and Simmons would be a great fit
Inevitable that they will, just a matter of when.

lold @ new OP. Nice Warsaw

Also, pick one huh? That's pretty good too I guess.

Not as good as new OP, but still good.

Taken from http://www.draftexpress.com/article/2016-Post-Lottery-Interview-Transcripts-and-Videos-5487
Q: Are you committed to keeping that number one pick or are you open to trading it?
Colangelo: It's pretty obvious that the answer is yes [to keeping it]. A lot of people jumped on the notion that we talked about looking at all alternatives as open to moving the pick. I think, again, you have to look at every single option and everything in front of you. But, the bottom line is, now that we're sitting in the number one position, it changes the dynamic. I think it was more in reference to, what would happen if we ended up with two top five picks, if there was maybe, perhaps, a decision to move one of those. It's highly unlikely that anything is done with the number one pick except selecting the player.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Philadelphia Experiment - Pulmonary Contusion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back