Competitions THE PIEMAN CUP 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

71.00 - 70.33. ARGH! So close. My late in of Dunkley over JJ was my downfall. But in the best traditions of my former President, I'm not conceding, I'm calling Cyber Ninjas to do an audit and a recount.

Seriously, congrats dogwatch.

71.00 - 70.33. ARGH! So close. My late in of Dunkley over JJ was my downfall. But in the best traditions of my former President, I'm not conceding, I'm calling Cyber Ninjas to do an audit and a recount.

Seriously, congrats dogwatch.
Thanks. Console yourself that it was history-making - the first ever tie-breaker!

The other option I'd considered when setting up the tie-break rules was to award it to whoever was in front first during the game but even that wouldn't have helped as (my) Libba kicked the first goal.

Anyway, thanks for playing in the spirit of it - and not calling it the "fake Pieman"!
You're a real chance in the big one! (Or should that be a big chance in the real one?)

PIEMAN CUP QUARTER FINALS

Here's the draw for the Pieman Cup Quarter Finals which will be played with the Round 21 game against Essendon this Sunday. Four past Pieman winners still in it ... and playing each other!

You probably know the drill by now but here's a reminder:
  • You can - if you want - enter a separate Pieman Cup team to the one you enter for the regular Pieman comp.
  • You don't have to do anything though. If you do nothing your Pieman Cup team is the same as your Pieman team.
  • Whatever happens in the Pieman Cup has no bearing on the outcome of the regular Pieman comp so don't worry about anything there.
  • Rules for substitutes and carryover teams are the same in both comps.
  • You can keep your team selection secret if you wish by PM'ing me. I won't reveal who your picks are until after the match starts (but I will announce that you've submitted a team via PM). [@josh the gent - since you're against me this won't work for our match, so I'll post my team early and won't change it unless forced by a late withdrawal]
  • If scores are equal the tie breaker is worked on Behinds x Hcp and if still equal by whoever had the first goal scorer. Then it's toss of the coin.
1628137259947.png
The four winners will go through to the Semi Finals (Round 22).

PIEMAN CUP QUARTER FINALS

Three tight contests with margins of 6, 6 and 9 and one not so close result. Our winners today were

Snarls Barkley
Fossie 32 (he did it with his carryover team ... the arrogance of the man!)
dogwatch (glad I put in the special Pieman Cup team, I wouldn't have got there with my regular team!)
Boyd oh Boyd

Well done you lot. You go into next week's semi-finals (the Hawthorn game). I'll do the random draw through the week.

Here are this week's results:

PIEMAN CUP - SEMI-FINALS DRAW

Here's the draw for this week's semi-finals.
As usual you don't have to lodge a separate team if you don't want to. If you don't post a separate team here I'll just use your regular Rd 22 Pieman team.

Don't forget if you want to lodge a secret entry (in case you think your opponent might have an advantage in knowing who your team is) then you can just PM me and I won't post your team until after the game has started. Of course this will only work for Fossie 32 and Snarls Barkley. It won't work for you Boyd oh Boyd since I'm your opponent, but I'll try to post my team here as early as possible after the side is announced, so it shouldn't be an issue for you.

1628681362817.png

Here's my Pieman Cup team Boyd oh Boyd :

2x Weightman, Bont, Hannan, JJ​
EDIT: Sorry it took so long to post - been tied up with Covid confusion and re-watching press conference most of the day (am I a close/casual/secondary contact? etc). Jury still out but I'm in voluntary isolation for the time being anyway. Hopefully some clearer directions by tomorrow!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PIEMAN CUP SEMIFINAL RESULTS

Well for some light relief after a dreadful day at the footy, the winners of the Pieman Cup semifinals were decided today and they were Snarls Barkley and ... errr... dogwatch. That's slightly embarrassing. I was only supposed to be there to make up the numbers. :embarrassedv1:

Anyway those two will battle it out in the final next week. Let's hope someone can kick a goal to make a contest of it.

The PIEMAN CUP FINAL ... TONIGHT!

Just a reminder that the Pieman Cup Final will be decided tonight between two former Pieman winners: Snarls Barkley and dogwatch.

1629444719392.png

Hey Snarls Barkley my team for tonight's Pieman Cup is:

2x Weightman, Libba, Naughton, Bontempelli​
I presume you'll be happy entrust the Final to your regular Pieman team but if not, post your special Pieman Cup team here.

Hey Snarls Barkley my team for tonight's Pieman Cup is:

2x Weightman, Libba, Naughton, Bontempelli​
I presume you'll be happy entrust the Final to your regular Pieman team but if not, post your special Pieman Cup team here.

Yep. Despite a really disappointing week last week, I’m going to do a Bevo and inexplicably keep the same lineup.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back