The Pies/Bombers ANZAC day game is just a H&A game between two teams I Hate

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Footy has been played on Anzac Day for a long time. Only since collingwood and essendon have made it a massive success do rival clubs want to cash in on it.

I love going and it's an amazing day with all the pre game ceremonies including the last post which sends shivers down your spine. The silence from nearly 100,000 people is absolutely amazing. I always buy and anzac badge and spend a lot of the day reflecting on how lucky I am to be able to live in such a great country which the diggers fought for. I think it's a great way to get people aware of such important history.

There is no need for that pomp at all. I am not a war monger and hate the fact that countries need to celebrate men killed for no reason than some speed freaks megolamanic ways. But thats a different topic.

Its a cringeworthy day for me and a lot of people.

You are embarrassing yourself, mate.
You clearly have never been to a dawn service, or any sort of occasion to mark this amazing day.

It is a day of sadness and remembrance, hardly a celebration. It is a day where people, such as yourself, should really be educating themselves about the horrors of war and the bravery of men and women who have given their lives so you can come here and write whatever crap you want on a forum.

It is there so that we NEVER forget the blood that has been spilled in order to preserve our way of life.

Your comments are insulting to ANYONE who has ever been touched by the atrocities of war.

Personally, this is the best day of the year, bar none. Regardless of the footy.

The footy is just a bonus, played with the respect that is deserved and required on such a solemn day.

ANZAC day is there for people like you.

I'd watch this over Essendon v Collingwood. In fact, I'd watch just about any two teams that didn't act like entitled arseholes.

God it's awesome being the biggest and most important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back