Rumour The Possible Trades Thread (Merged Threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rosa is not an exceptional kick!!!

His kicking is the opposite...very average! Just go to the WC board and check them all bagging out his kicking. Turnover merchant...do not want!

Agreed. Rosa is a poor man's Rischitelli.

If the tigers recruiters can have a real crack at chris knights id be happy - trades are difficult to manage sometimes so i dont expect too much as im sure someone like essendon may pay over the odds for a player like knights.

If we can then get one of Houli or Veszpremi then that would also please me (at the right price - 3rd rounder or direct swap - no more).

Dont let out first pick #6 go for anyone, and draft as many kids as possible. A player like Gaff in the draft will be just as good as Chris Knights in the long term.

I think we will have an almost empty rookie list after promotions and delistings as I assume gourdis, hicks, oreilly would all be a chance for promotion, with contin and westhoff to stay as roookies, and gilligan & roberts to be delisted.

I think we may end up with 4-5 new draftees and 4-5 new rookies. We obviously need a 4th ruckman within one of these picks to develop besides Vickery, Browne and Graham. A couple of small forwards, and the rest should be midfielders IMHO.

anyway in 4 weeks it will all be known so just sit back enjoy the finals then let the rumour mill really start to tick over at a great rate of knots.

Go tiges! Go out and get the new knighta!

O'Rielly won't be upgraded as he can stay on the rookie list for free (outside the cap and not take up a list position) for another 2 years before and a decision has to be made to upgrade him or not.

O'Rielly won't be upgraded as he can stay on the rookie list for free (outside the cap and not take up a list position) for another 2 years before and a decision has to be made to upgrade him or not.
Good idea, leave him where he is then.

im thinking orielly,contin,westoff can all saty on the rookie list with roberts & polak as delistings.

the player that im not sure about is gourdis, if a player can remain 3 years on a rookie list that would mean we dont need to upgrade him untill next year because this is his 2nd year on the rookie list, his first year he was on the senior list !!

can anybody confirm this situation as to why we need to upgrade anybody !

im thinking orielly,contin,westoff can all saty on the rookie list with roberts & polak as delistings.

the player that im not sure about is gourdis, if a player can remain 3 years on a rookie list that would mean we dont need to upgrade him untill next year because this is his 2nd year on the rookie list, his first year he was on the senior list !!

can anybody confirm this situation as to why we need to upgrade anybody !

i reckon needs require we upgrade gourdis to list proper. imo he would be an actual upgrade on the likes of mcguane.
weather hes a genuine long term propisition im not sure but hey rome was not built in a day, and as long as players we promote are an improvement on those we delist its a step in the right direction.

i reckon needs require we upgrade gourdis to list proper. imo he would be an actual upgrade on the likes of mcguane.
weather hes a genuine long term propisition im not sure but hey rome was not built in a day, and as long as players we promote are an improvement on those we delist its a step in the right direction.
i agree he offers us more than both mcguane & thursty
but why upgrade a player when you dont have to yet , waite another year if we can.

our delistee's this year should be simmo & cuz retired

polo,mcmahon,hislop,thomson all to be traded our delisted
gilligan,polak,relton off the rookie list

that gives us 5 nd picks , 1 psd & 3 rookie picks

question is why upgrade now if we dont have to !

Im not 100% sure, but i think because we dont have anyone on the veterans list we can play a rookies in place (maybe 2) without upgrading them to the senior list. If that is the case O`Reilly will stay rookied.

We can upgrade two rookies at the start of the season, 1 more at the mid season break, and in the place of any players on the long-term injury list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True, but I was thinking we can play 1 or 2 rookies without upgrading them because we have no players on the veterans list.
Wrong, it just means you can upgrade them without having to place somebody onto the long term inury list.

It was reported by the AFL site that McKinley wants to come home to Melbourne. Too bad he supported Essendon and probably would make the Bombers his first preference. He is probably better than Knights and they are of similar age. On the other hand, Weagles signed JON for another season. Well, good on them for giving him a chance.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/102569/default.aspx

LOL at the Weagles for sticking with our junk, they REALLY must be struggling! Worst player I've ever seen pull on the yellow&black.

What are our thoughts on MacKinley? The Griffiths development factor is the only thing holding me back..but he could be an absolute steal! Obviously wasn't enjoying being up at West Coast but still averages around 2 goals a match.

LOL at the Weagles for sticking with our junk, they REALLY must be struggling! Worst player I've ever seen pull on the yellow&black.

What are our thoughts on MacKinley? The Griffiths development factor is the only thing holding me back..but he could be an absolute steal! Obviously wasn't enjoying being up at West Coast but still averages around 2 goals a match.

My thoughts on McKinley............well those that can be expressed in a public forum..........a slow fat lazy useless plodder who refuses to chase, tackle ,shepard, etc. Seriously, if the WCE List Management was any good this turkey would more than likely to be delisted along with Spangher. Rosa is ok, nothing great but ok. We have spent the last 2 seasons trying to cull the spuds from our list. No need to trade for more. Rather risk Pick 680 on some kid from Upper Botswana who may make it @ the odds of 50,000 to 1 rather than trying to wash and repackage spuds from other clubs with no chance.

Feel free to disagree, I know the Weagles supporters will. They are talking about a 2nd round draft pick for him. If some club is stupid enough (Vossy?) then good luck to them.

haha..harsh.

2 goals a game when he never wanted to be up there, if there's ever going to be a player that a change of location can really help it could be him. All the things you mentioned are about 1 %'ers, the exact figures that drop off when a player isn't interested, as opposed to lacking talent.

He could be a disappointment, but if there's anyone who has a potentially huge upside for a cheap price it's him.

haha..harsh.

2 goals a game when he never wanted to be up there, if there's ever going to be a player that a change of location can really help it could be him. All the things you mentioned are about 1 %'ers, the exact figures that drop off when a player isn't interested, as opposed to lacking talent.

He could be a disappointment, but if there's anyone who has a potentially huge upside for a cheap price it's him.

Maybe harsh but I could have said..... imagine a bigger, slower, lazier and much less talented version of Kayne Pettifer. Do you still want him?

Pettifer kicked 132 goals from 113 games, MacKinley is already way past him. Pettifer averaged just under 1 goal and under 8 disposals a game at this stage of his career =)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour The Possible Trades Thread (Merged Threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back