List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1728368225052.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Richmond have been linked to the following players:
Ben Hobbs
Elijah Tsatas
Jai Culley
Connor Stone
Jacob Konstanty

Last edited:
Dimma would often say things like "Rioli had the best 5 disposal game" etc. He loved his constant run and consumption of space when moving forward. He would cause change to opposition structures and unsettle opponents. Still does it.
And yet it took Xav Clarke as VFL coach to finally start playing Rioli off the half back line, a move myself and a few others in here had been insisting on for quite a while.

If Blair pulls this off, he's an effing legend. When all the outside noise was going on he had his big schlong out ready to go in dry. It's been many years since we were struggling real bad and had an exodus. Lets see what Blair is made of. I could tell in his presser he was pissed, he was ready to rumble.

Granted he made a small mistake with Hopper, he has a chance to set us up for a quick tilt.
I think a big part of that is because the club is backing him in, even if that means the trades don't end up happening.

He can play the GAGF attitude because if it doesn't eventuate the club will be fine with it.

The media are getting desperate, 3 days in and they have run out of things to talk about, we get mentioned because we are pivotal to unlocking a lot of trades not just our own.

I think the best context someone gave was avg games played for pics 11-20 was 83 , says it all , Bolton is a gun…….
I made this point a few weeks ago. We are losing a player who I rate as worth a top 3 draft pick.

But we won’t be getting pick 1, 2 or 3, we are getting two picks in the teens which between them historically wouldn’t give us half the player of Shai.

We are being ripped off because pick value points are seen as the justification for the shafting we will get.

Would the Bulldogs cop criticism if they knocked back picks in the 40’s, 50’s and 60’s for Bailey Smith? Despite a profit points-wise, of course they wouldn’t.

An extreme example, but really, no different to us. Three months ago we should have said to Freo and West Coast: “we are only discussing this when you come to us with a top five pick”.

“Otherwise, no trade. Will not happen”.

Am I the only one who believes we are not receiving adequate value for Bolton at picks 10 and 11? While it could be argued that if we’re going to pursue a less favorable trade, now might be a suitable time given our focus on rebuilding, it still seems like a poor deal. The value of picks 10 and 18 doesn’t justify this trade, and moving forward with it would be imprudent and unnecessarily rigid.

Are you Tiggers at all worried that a complete clean out of current players being replaced with teenagers is really going to hurt the club for a number of years? This is a 10 year investment.

It won’t be 10-years. We will likely get pick-1 next year, and will pick up 7-8 first rounders this year and next in total. Plus another 3-4 kids. At least half a dozen will be very good players or better .. we’re certain to get at least 2 x Uber elite players - those half a dozen will make a big impact within 2 x years.

Then there’s our current youngsters. Make no mistake, at least a few will become much better players than we expect, with a couple likely to become elite. Happens all the time. Kai Lohmann basically didn’t play in his first 2 x seasons. Almost just won a NS.

We easily forget how crud a lot of our flag heroes were their first few seasons due to form, injury or natural development … none of the following players were looking like being anywhere near as good as they turned out their first few seasons :

Grimes, Astbury, Edwards, Vlastuin, Lambert, Baker, Bolton, Houli, Nank, Short, Balta….

Not many players are Naicos or Scheezel …. most take a few seasons and 30-50 games to really establish themselves. We have loads of players across 2025-26 who will hit 50+ games.

Then in 2-3 years we will have the biggest war chest ever seen to attract free agents.

So I don’t know exactly how long, but unless we completely botch these next 2 x drafts, it won’t be anywhere near a decade.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hate to praise the media and all but this article was very good. Well researched, entrenched in common sense and a solid understanding of the intricacies of the Gold Coast list and how they navigate the trade period differently to other clubs.
Not sure about Houston > Rioli. Would still be taking Dan with the choice

Reading article after article in the media, talk back radio etc by the end of it i was more convinced that we will 100% get what we are after. Do they not understand that Rioli is contracted, a 3 time premiership player, B&F winner. We aren't the ones looking to offload him, its the suns courting him all year. This deal will get done on OUR TERMS.

We will not accept only pick 6. Dimma wants Rioli badly that we know and if we compare the other contenders for pick 13.
Blues future first (at a guess 10-15) and future 2nd (30-35)
Pies future first (10-15) and Noble for picks 13 and 23 GTFO
Richmond, Rioli and a future 2nd (early 20's pick) for picks 6&13

The media carry on about blues and pies who's going to get this pick but Richmond would trump them on this trade suggestion. Or the worst case scenario which most of us believe we will get 6&23 (nothing going back)

John noble FFS he's an average campaigner he will add nothing that will drastically change them but Rioli will and GC know that.

Now on that basket case of a club Freo, their opening offer 10&18 and they say its fair they dont want to over pay. Its not supposed to be fair ****ers you want to take a contracted star player in his prime PAY OVERS. This is an easy one. The best deals are when you know deep down you can walk away and retain Bolton. Blair will walk if need be but Freo will fold and hand over 10&11
We do have options if for some reason it fell through. The eagles are wating in the wings with pick 3 which i would gladly take for Bolton. David Walls of Freo is he taking the piss, as if this deal is going to collapse over 7 spots. Pick 11 to 18

Baker i reckon it'll be a straight out pick 14 which the eagles will get for Barrass OR just putting this out there. Eagles split their pick, give us pick 3 and we give them Baker and one of either 10 or 11 (and maybe some other pick swaps)

I'm going to love the melts not only from oppo fans but the media too which have been on a crusade of out right negativity against us. I've seen nothing like it to this level when comparing with other players deals over many years.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who believes we are not receiving adequate value for Bolton at picks 10 and 11? While it could be argued that if we’re going to pursue a less favorable trade, now might be a suitable time given our focus on rebuilding, it still seems like a poor deal. The value of picks 10 and 18 doesn’t justify this trade, and moving forward with it would be imprudent and unnecessarily rigid.

I think 10 and 11 in what looks like a super strong draft is reasonable. Even if we only ‘hit’ on one of those 2 x players, that’s 200+ games. If we hit on both it can help transform our future. Even Bolton at his best won’t help us much in the next few seasons.

Reading article after article in the media, talk back radio etc by the end of it i was more convinced that we will 100% get what we are after. Do they not understand that Rioli is contracted, a 3 time premiership player, B&F winner. We aren't the ones looking to offload him, its the suns courting him all year. This deal will get done on OUR TERMS.

We will not accept only pick 6. Dimma wants Rioli badly that we know and if we compare the other contenders for pick 13.
Blues future first (at a guess 10-15) and future 2nd (30-35)
Pies future first (10-15) and Noble for picks 13 and 23 GTFO
Richmond, Rioli and a future 2nd (early 20's pick) for picks 6&13

The media carry on about blues and pies who's going to get this pick but Richmond would trump them on this trade suggestion. Or the worst case scenario which most of us believe we will get 6&23 (nothing going back)

John noble FFS he's an average campaigner he will add nothing that will drastically change them but Rioli will and GC know that.

Now on that basket case of a club Freo, their opening offer 10&18 and they say its fair they dont want to over pay. Its not supposed to be fair ****ers you want to take a contracted star player in his prime PAY OVERS. This is an easy one. The best deals are when you know deep down you can walk away and retain Bolton. Blair will walk if need be but Freo will fold and hand over 10&11
We do have options if for some reason it fell through. The eagles are wating in the wings with pick 3 which i would gladly take for Bolton. David Walls of Freo is he taking the piss, as if this deal is going to collapse over 7 spots. Pick 11 to 18

Baker i reckon it'll be a straight out pick 14 which the eagles will get for Barrass OR just putting this out there. Eagles split their pick, give us pick 3 and we give them Baker and one of either 10 or 11 (and maybe some other pick swaps)

I'm going to love the melts not only from oppo fans but the media too which have been on a crusade of out right negativity against us. I've seen nothing like it to this level when comparing with other players deals over many years.

We are not getting 6 and 23 from GC with nothing going back. If we do get 6 and 23 it’ll involve us giving back a F2 which they need for points to get Uwland in 2025 who looks like a top-3 and likely #1.

I’d happily do 6 and 23 for Rioli and a F2.

If Blair is smart we will compile as many 20’s picks as we can in this draft - they’ll be liquid gold in live trading.

Is that Daniel Houston or Daniel Rioli?

Garfield And Friends What GIF by Boomerang Official

Last edited:
On known quantity he’s worth two picks in the top 10, so it’s a disgrace we have to likely settle for 10 and 18.

We are not getting 6 and 23 from GC with nothing going back. If we do get 6 and 23 it’ll involve us giving back a F2 which they need for points to get Uwland in 2025 who looks like a top-3 and likely #1.

If Blair is smart we will compile as many 20’s picks as we can in this draft - they’ll be liquid gold in live trading.

You are being softened by the meda.

6 & 13 and nothing going back, and GCS are making out like bandits for Rioli.

If you tap-up a top-5, long-term contracted player, get ready to pay up, or you lose all credibility.

That's our terms, if you believe the reports. so if GCS want their finals campaign, make it happen, else Tiges wth Rioli look forward to passing GCS on our way up in a couple of years, and their on wasted way down mark II (or III?).

The gist of my post was we will get what we are after in draft capitol and wont settle for less this i am sure of regardless of all the media propaganda downplaying what the club is after.

Now on the one point you referred to you believe we will give something back well if we do so be it, it was one of many parts of my lengthy post.

Different types of half back. Houston will cut you open with precision kicking. Rioli will cut you open with speed.

Depends on how a club wants to play.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back