List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1728368225052.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Richmond have been linked to the following players:
Ben Hobbs
Elijah Tsatas
Jai Culley
Connor Stone
Jacob Konstanty

Last edited:

WA media like Vic media here seriously the propaganda machine rolls on. Tigers asleep at the wheel
😂
you can't make this smile up! We are not holding up anything, we have provided our terms so it's up to those clubs to meet our demands, especially on Rioli and Bolton

View attachment 2136853

View attachment 2136854
Blair and co playing golf until their scheduled drop in Friday at 3pm before weekend drinks....

'Everythings there in writing, we'll be back when you sort your sh!t out....'

Campaigners approach our contracted players then bitch and moan cos we want market value.

We aren’t seeking a market value return which is what opposition fans and strangely the media don’t seem to fully grasp.

We want the value that Rioli, Bolton and Baker have to Richmond. That - in our current situation and moving forward - is greater than market value.

It’s like selling a sentimental car. The worth of the car maybe $50k, but to the seller it’s worth $70k. You’re not going to seek less than it’s worth to you because that’s what the market says it’s worth.

I’ve got a watch on Harry Sharp and coming to us. Not the first time I’ve heard his name. I know other VIC clubs have enquired.

I’ve mentioned a few times that I’d have him as part of the pick swap for 20. He’s a long term McIntosh replacement on the wing, could be the best runner in the AFL as he’s a junior steeplechase champion, he’s got very good skills on both sides too. Great age to come in with some experience.

This is not “down the line” but his name has popped up.

I’m assuming if get Sharp it will be curtains for McIntosh.

WA media like Vic media here seriously the propaganda machine rolls on. Tigers asleep at the wheel
😂
you can't make this smile up! We are not holding up anything, we have provided our terms so it's up to those clubs to meet our demands, especially on Rioli and Bolton

View attachment 2136853

View attachment 2136854

They're getting nervous aren't they - in the voice of Mongomery Burns "Eeeeeeexcelllennnnnnntttt"

WC pick 14 for Baker

Fremantle picks 10,11,18,30 for Bolton, 14 & 32

Lose Baker, Bolton, pick 32 for 10,11,18,30
10 and 11 is the minimum for Shai. We're not diluting it by upgrading 18 to 14. More likely we get 10, 11, 18 and give 24 back.

6, 10, 18 and 29 for Bolton and Rioli is absolute worst case and yet still a net win. Relax campaigners. Let Blair cook.
That's not the worst case because it won't happen. We will keep Shai rather than accept 10 and 18.

And yet it took Xav Clarke as VFL coach to finally start playing Rioli off the half back line, a move myself and a few others in here had been insisting on for quite a while.
Na, it took the match committee led by Dimma to drop him back to learn the role, like we did with Caddy and KMac.

Three months ago we should have said to Freo and West Coast: “we are only discussing this when you come to us with a top five pick”.

“Otherwise, no trade. Will not happen”.
You can bet your arse Blair told them to go get us a top 3 pick. Why do you think he's so pissed off.

Am I the only one who believes we are not receiving adequate value for Bolton at picks 10 and 11? While it could be argued that if we’re going to pursue a less favorable trade, now might be a suitable time given our focus on rebuilding, it still seems like a poor deal. The value of picks 10 and 18 doesn’t justify this trade, and moving forward with it would be imprudent and unnecessarily rigid.
100%. If we were willing to accept 10 & 11 it'd be done by now. We might eventually settle on that but for now Blair will be pushing for more.

yes you are of course correct

I was thinking about Jeremy Cameron

what we have been offered is more than what GWS got for Jeremy Cameron

1800<2380,

Cameron was a free agent. It was accept three teens picks from Geelong or one from the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Karen Cornes continue with his tirade of dribble again this morning or did he crawl back into his hole after a bunch of X users had their way with him yesterday?
Karen said 10 & 18 is a great deal for Bolton as it equals pick 2 - 3. He claims that everyone in the AFL thinks it's fair. Richmond mad not to take it, and the player wants to go.

However Port Adelaide's Houston - who has suddenly become the GOAT, will demand a very high price and Port may just make him stay as it's within their rights.

Karen said 10 & 18 is a great deal for Bolton as it equals pick 2 - 3. He claims that everyone in the AFL thinks it's fair. Richmond mad not to take it, and the player wants to go.

However Port Adelaide's Houston - who has suddenly become the GOAT, will demand a very high price and Port may just make him stay as it's within their rights.
It’s clear half these pricks have never brought a car, a house or been involved in any form of negotiations

No one should ever take the 1st offer from either side of the fence
Even if the deal ends up coming back around to the original offer nothing is lost by trying to improve your position

Ffs spend some time out in the northern berbs like Groupie_ and I and you will see ****ers trying to haggle with the poor chick at Woolies

It’s just gotta be done

Talk about misleading headlines. The WA paper and Mitch soft**** say Richmond are holding up deals, yet in the story he goes to say that WCE are waiting for Barrass to be done before THEY trade for Baker. So it's not really us holding up anything, we're just waiting for other clubs to sort out their shit and make viable offers for us to accept.b

Karen is a plastic CFL mouthpiece. He just talking on behalf of Laura Farken Kane these days. heck both of em

The media aren’t talking enough about how much pressure there is on Freo and Gold Coast to get Bolton and Rioli into their clubs and make finals next year. It’s up to them to get the deal done, not on us to compromise. Can you imagine if those clubs don’t get them in and miss the finals again?

They’re both on long term contracts, the club have never said they want them to move on.

The deals need to be favorable to us, otherwise we keep 2 of our best players.

It’s clear half these pricks have never brought a car, a house or been involved in any form of negotiations

No one should ever take the 1st offer from either side of the fence
Even if the deal ends up coming back around to the original offer nothing is lost by trying to improve your position

Ffs spend some time out in the northern berbs like Groupie_ and I and you will see ****ers trying to haggle with the poor chick at Woolies

It’s just gotta be done
Exactly! I am convinced its become a Richmond hate-a-thon because it's the first time since Ottens left where we've had a big fish leave, and they don't want us to be fairly compensated for it

Exactly! I am convinced its become a Richmond hate-a-thon because it's the first time since Ottens left where we've had a big fish leave, and they don't want us to be fairly compensated for it
Can’t discount the fact that the AFL have also created this trade period media frenzy with its own ****ing radio station

It’s day 2 and no trades have happened but they still have 10 hours of airtime they need to fill every day

Nothing easier than throwing out some rage bait to get people phoning in

The real final values involved in the Cameron trade was

From Geelong: Picks 15, 18, 25, 60 = 2,999 points

From GWS: Picks 32, 35 = 1,106 points

1,893 points total. This is closest to the value of pick 5. Cameron was 2 years older than Bolton is now, and was an out of contract Free Agent who GWS had matched the contract offer on.

The picks now at 10 and 18 will ultimately be taken at around 12 and 21 in the draft, making them worth around 2,150 points, and will probably end up closest in value to pick 4.

Bolton is a higher rating player, a better player, a younger player and a contracted player. All Cameron can do better than other players is kick uncontested goals. Bolton can kick contested goals, and win centre clearances on the burst, probably the two most valuable things you can do in a game of footy.
Thats BS, Cameron way more than Bolton. You can build a team around Cameron, he can hold the fwd line and is a match winner.

Bolton zero on all the above, lets get serious !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back