List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1728368225052.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Richmond have been linked to the following players:
Ben Hobbs
Elijah Tsatas
Jai Culley
Connor Stone
Jacob Konstanty

Last edited:
I don't think we should be trading our future 2nd. It'll likely be the first pick of the 2nd round which always holds slightly more value as clubs get the night to sleep on who is left on the board and may choose to trade to get first crack.

We should be using later picks to get 23- something like 6&23 for Rioli, pick 44, pick 50. Doesn't quite meet the value of pick 23 but gets the tigers slightly more than pick 6

It could be pick 30 next year after FA compensation and academy/FS picks.

Lombard is easily worth a bid at pick 6, hell I would bid on him at 1 so any deal we do with GC this needs to be factored in. Let alone the 3 prospects they have next year that are being spoken about inside the top 10.

We are going to have a 24 page glossy magazine lift out by the end of the week with a coupon to redeem special edition plates and teaspoons
Put me down for a set of spoons.

The media are getting desperate, 3 days in and they have run out of things to talk about, we get mentioned because we are pivotal to unlocking a lot of trades not just our own.
This.

💯 the reason they are all over reacting, everyone from afl house down to Richmond pleb 101 knows the trade week is an absolute farce, goes far too long and has very little content.

The afl likes to act like they are the kings of Aussie sport but the way they operate on so many levels is below amateurish.

It is still very much a bush league, ran by a boys club of coked up nuffies

It could be pick 30 next year after FA compensation and academy/FS picks.

Lombard is easily worth a bid at pick 6, hell I would bid on him at 1 so any deal we do with GC this needs to be factored in. Let alone the 3 prospects they have next year that are being spoken about inside the top 10.

Lombard is part of that top 4 group for mine, easy worthy of pick 1 bid.

I doubt we do it, but it’s another nice piece of leverage we have on GC, as if they lose their top 3 picks they’ll be short 1000+ points on a first pick bid. It’s an automatic 400 point saving for a bid at pick 2 that we can hand them.

In fact they go into deficit any pick before 8. Not ideal when you’ve got 2 x top 10picks next year too.

Cute how you blokes think The West Australian is the overarching view of the state hahaha.

Legacy dead media the West. Hopelessly cartoonish
Don’t worry we know mate just trying to keep ourselves entertained while we wait for something to actually happen

When are your mob going to jump in and take Bolton for pick 3?

Media going all in saying the AFL needs to step in and stop the Richmond trades , you know they listen to the media so expect understand for everyone
Just watch, when we ream both clubs it will be the Tigers were acting unfairly.

Don’t worry we know mate just trying to keep ourselves entertained while we wait for something to actually happen

When are your mob going to jump in and take Bolton for pick 3?
Haha thats good to know. If we take bolton at 3 ill commit hari kari.

What i would do though, is split 3 for 2 x top tens and gift you the better pick for bolton so we can get another mid. Unlikely that happens though.

Cute how you blokes think The West Australian is the overarching view of the state hahaha.

Legacy dead media the West. Hopelessly cartoonish
Sunday Times still in operations there? My old man then I worked there many moons ago when they were at Stirling Street....

Haha thats good to know. If we take bolton at 3 ill commit hari kari.

What i would do though, is split 3 for 2 x top tens and gift you the better pick for bolton so we can get another mid. Unlikely that happens though.
Well given Bolton hasn't nominated a team, anything is possible....

Anything Is Possible GIF

Draft points don’t mean shit to us
We need top 1st round picks
Who cares if we pay overs to get them let’s get it done and do it properly
My biggest pet peeve when it comes to the trade period. Draft picks don't have the same value for every club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The hate is real! Now any pick for Graham was too much.

View attachment 2136365
Barrett is a self important fookwit ....the guy thinks he runs with the big dogs but most probably nobody rates him ....he tries to be the cool kid and thinks he's pulling it off ....but we all see him for what he is ....a fooking lowlife who talks alot but says nothing ....a campaigner of the highest order

My biggest pet peeve when it comes to the trade period. Draft picks don't have the same value for every club.
Same, if we had an academy pick(s) and or father sons of any relevance I would be all for trying to work out fair trades via value to ensure we can still land whoever we need

But as it stands now it’s really not a priority if Brisbane want to offload 20 **** it pay overs points wise to ensure we get it and they aren’t given a better deal from another club

Media going all in saying the AFL needs to step in and stop the Richmond trades , you know they listen to the media so expect understand for everyone
At what point would that be considering overstepping and creating a restriction of trade. AFL steps in on this when they’ve let other fly by nighters just roll through (Bowes) they’re opening a massive can of worms and potential for litigation

yes you are of course correct

I was thinking about Jeremy Cameron

what we have been offered is more than what GWS got for Jeremy Cameron

1800<2380,

The real final values involved in the Cameron trade was

From Geelong: Picks 15, 18, 25, 60 = 2,999 points

From GWS: Picks 32, 35 = 1,106 points

1,893 points total. This is closest to the value of pick 5. Cameron was 2 years older than Bolton is now, and was an out of contract Free Agent who GWS had matched the contract offer on.

The picks now at 10 and 18 will ultimately be taken at around 12 and 21 in the draft, making them worth around 2,150 points, and will probably end up closest in value to pick 4.

Bolton is a higher rating player, a better player, a younger player and a contracted player. All Cameron can do better than other players is kick uncontested goals. Bolton can kick contested goals, and win centre clearances on the burst, probably the two most valuable things you can do in a game of footy.

The real final values involved in the Cameron trade was

From Geelong: Picks 15, 18, 25, 60 = 2,999 points

From GWS: Picks 32, 35 = 1,106 points

1,893 points total. This is closest to the value of pick 5. Cameron was 2 years older than Bolton is now, and was an out of contract Free Agent who GWS had matched the contract offer on.

The picks now at 10 and 18 will ultimately be taken at around 12 and 21 in the draft, making them worth around 2,150 points, and will probably end up closest in value to pick 4.

Bolton is a higher rating player, a better player, a younger player and a contracted player. All Cameron can do better than other players is kick uncontested goals. Bolton can kick contested goals, and win centre clearances on the burst, probably the two most valuable things you can do in a game of footy.
Huge difference.

S.Hocking.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back